PDA

View Full Version : For those who can't launch links in chat...

Beeblebrox.420
04-30-2005, 03:24 PM
A number of you seem to have some difficulty with links in the chat, saying they won't open for you. After thinking about this issue some, and a bit of experimentation with someone having this same problem, I've determined that for at least some of you it is probably a popup blocker at work. Many browsers have them built in, as well as third-party browser toolbars, like Yahoo! and Google. Generally these allow you to accept popups on a case-by-case basis by holding down either the SHIFT or CTRL keys while you are clicking a link. Doing this in the chatroom should allow you to launch links, if this is the problem. If this doesn't work, you should see if you have more than one popup blocker running at once. If you do, deactivate all but one of them and try it again.

kuulbns
04-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks Beeble! I had mentioned to a couple of people that I believed it was their pop-up blockers preventing them from taking advantage of the links but, I could not remember to use the shift key. This will help a lot of people.

Beeblebrox.420
04-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I hope so. I've heard the same complaint from a number of people, including del....