PDA

View Full Version : More than a dispensary

captainlaziness
01-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Hello fellow 'Zoners!

My father is an organic Oncologist, meaning he only uses organic methods to treat cancer. I.E. instead of poisoning oneself with radiation and chemo, he uses different organic techniques, diets, and etc. to cure cancer efficiently.

As a result of doing so well in the organic industry, he would like to give me the responsibility of managing and starting a Medicinal Dispensary; however, our dispensary will be more than a dispensary. It will be a healing center for patients in need. We will NOT, I repeat, WE WILL NOT, be doing this for profit only! My father loves treating people and he loves what he does. If this business cannot be ran without it being like 90% of CA dispensaries, then we will not run it.

As of right now, I am assuming that starting a "Healing Center" (aka Dispensary) with a registered M.D. will bump us up to the front of the line of applicants. This will show that we are not in for the money (trust me, we have plenty), and it will show that we want to actually help patients, whcih we definitely do! However, I came to you guys for help. We just came up with the business plan and everything a few weeks ago, and now we have decided to commit and go through with this. So my questions are:

1.) Whom do we contact in order to receive an application?
2.) Anyone out there who is excellent in ORGANIC growing with enough experience? I would like to contact you.
3.) When will the applications begin to be looked at and accepted?

Like I said before, we need organic growers who can grow some high grade shit! Excuse the language, but quite frankly that is what we want our patients to have in their possession. NO regs, no mids, no low, none of that shit. We want pure organic dank that will relieve the patients pain efficiently.

Smallville
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
The final guidelines will be released Jan. 31, 2011 at the department of health web site. What area of the state are you in?

captainlaziness
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm currently located in Mesa and we were thinking about opening the dispensary in either Mesa or north Scottsdale.

captainlaziness
01-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Smallville, I will definitely be in contact with you! From reading some of the other forums, you definitely sound very experienced.

Budstress, I will also be in touch with you!

We will not be in contact with anyone until the official guidelines come out. We don't want to make any promises that we can't keep. I hope you understand, and we will be in touch shortly!

AZCSceo
02-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way and take some comfort in knowing the rules are in your favor here, but, you don't seem very prepared for this. The questions you asked lead me to believe you have done very little research into what is involved in running a dispensary.

1- the apps will be available in May and you will get them from DHS,
2- wanting organic is a good thing but do you mean like dept of ag organic, dirt organic, hydro organic? Give em a little more to work with unless your not particular about it.
3- all of your questions can be answered using the DHS site.

you should also take a moment to comment on the draft at the link provided.

Good luck to you ;)