PDA

View Full Version : Watering Cycle and Duration

dialtone420
04-28-2005, 04:30 AM
My friend just got a NFT system and it has two hoses running down a gutter right. Well two measly tubes on one side of a gutter seemed a little weak. So we went to home depot and made rings that would sit around the top of each plant. The system is at www.ezhydrokit.com "The six pack". Not to give credit but awsome setup. Clones in rockwool with olivia's Solution. 90%humidity,80 degrees.
1.Anyway, we got a another water pump and were wondering what does the digital timer need to be set at. Intervals, length, Ph of water is 5.5 right. The orginal pump is 84 gph but tiny, petsmart one is 75 and twice as big.
2. So do you think my modified water circles will work and is this a drip system now?
3.With this system, algea is a given. Should i cutout some holes in a sheet of highly reflective material and lay it on top of net pots? I could also tape up any light leaks in the resevoir. Or does light even mater because i need to change the small resevoir so much and test it for nute levels?

Make shure you maximize the pic.

rapid88
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
5.5 PH ? if this is correct i think you would need to change this to about 6.8 - 7.2