PDA

View Full Version : My next grow, Any Ideas or suggestions?

RAINHAZE
12-31-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm almost done with my current grow, and I have been searching for some new seeds for my next indoor grow. I have been growing AK47
auto's for the last year or so, but I want to try something a little different and do a non auto grow.
I am partial to predominant Sativa's & I like what I hear about White Widow so far, and I might even stick with AK47. (non auto)
But I would like to hear some comments and recommendations from others about their favorite strain, and why you like it.

Also, I'm debating about whether I should buy fem'd seeds and take clones, or getting regular seeds (10 pack) and taking the chance on male/female
ratio's and pollinating to produce my own seeds.
I want to be completely self sufficient. :thumbsup:

emilya
12-31-2010, 04:01 AM
I am partial to predominant Sativa's & I like what I hear about White Widow so far, and I might even stick with AK47. (non auto)
But I would like to hear some comments and recommendations from others about their favorite strain, and why you like it.

I'm going to suggest white widow for 3 reasons. First, its what I am growing and I want to see your results and learn from you what I should have done a month prior and directly see why your methods are superior to mine as a total beginner.

Second, I did do my research before I bought these seeds and this particular strain got so many great reviews and was praised for its ability to give an end product wherever in the spectrum you wished... if you liked indica highs, you could end there, if you wanted sativa you could do it that way.... but most praised this strain as hands down the strongest strain out there. It only took a few reviews of this type to convince me that this was what I wanted to start with.

Third, I have read now that many grow this strain as a benchmark in their grow rooms, because it is very consistent and predictable and no matter what happens in the experimental grow, they know they will come out with a very usable end product with this one.

I will add as a side note that as a total beginner, White Widow for me is so far, forgiving enough to let me make my mistakes but challenging enough to show me what I need to learn to make this hobby work for me. I think too that the pictures I see of the ripe buds glistening in those 20-25% thc trichomes are just plain beautiful and I can't wait to see them in my own grow box. :)

Emmie

RAINHAZE
12-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanx emilya :thumbsup: I have been watching your WW grow with much enthusiasm. Yeah, everything I have researched about WW so far sounds perfect to me. I believe that's the strain Dutch Pimp grows too if I'm not mistaken.

Ya know, I have only been growing for about a year and I will probably consider myself a beginner for the next 5!
I'm really leaning towards WW now!!:thumbsup:

Dutch Pimp
12-31-2010, 03:10 PM
I think any of the Nirvana 'white strains' are great, easy to grow...(ak48, WW, white rhino, papaya, Ice, blue mystic, snow white, PPP & bubblelicious.

Not all seeds are perfect from ANY seed bank; but, Nirvana has a lot of bang for the buck..$$$$...IMO...& I avoid fem seeds.

I'm currently in the 5th week of 5 Nirvana WW's and 2 Northern Lights x Shiva. It's a little crowded and is gonna hurt the yeild.
....gonna try some REZ DOG genetics in Febuary....:smokin:..ChemD x SourD...a gift from a friend in Cali...(cause, I'm too cheap to buy them)

littlemountain
12-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I have heard and read a lot of opinions on fem seeds- my personal experience- I have planted fem seeds for the last 3 years - from Dutch Passion - Greenhouse Seeds and Sensi Seeds- I have only had one strain produce nanners- DP's Blueberry all hermied and one was an out right male- had great WW plants from Greenhouse and had great Oasis fro DP-as in life nothing is for sure but I buy fem seed because I had limited outdoor garden space and had to climb a mountain to get to it- I am becomin a fan of Sensi Seeds- growing Bid Bud and Super Skunk from Sensi right now and they look great

RAINHAZE
12-31-2010, 08:15 PM
I think any of the Nirvana 'white strains' are great, easy to grow...(ak48, WW, white rhino, papaya, Ice, blue mystic, snow white, PPP & bubblelicious.

Not all seeds are perfect from ANY seed bank; but, Nirvana has a lot of bang for the buck..$$$$...IMO...& I avoid fem seeds.

I'm currently in the 5th week of 5 Nirvana WW's and 2 Northern Lights x Shiva. It's a little crowded and is gonna hurt the yeild.
....gonna try some REZ DOG genetics in Febuary....:smokin:..ChemD x SourD...a gift from a friend in Cali...(cause, I'm too cheap to buy them)

Nice pic DP!:thumbsup: Lookin' good for 5 weeks of flowering bro!
I been doing some looking around @ Nirvana and the papaya sounds real tasty. Just wondering..is there a reason you avoid fem seeds? The reason I ask is 'coz I've had pretty good luck w/ fem'd seeds so far.(Too bad they were auto's tho)