PDA

View Full Version : First Draft Released on AZ DHS Website -

Chronicbosch
12-19-2010, 08:00 PM
The first draft of the rules have been released by AZ DHS.

The current issues I see are:

Definition and requirement of Ongoing Relationship:
Apparently, I have to go to the same dr. for at least 4 visits in a clanedar year before I have an 'ongoing' relationship with my dr. With today's healthcare model (ins, ugent care, etc) I can't recall a time when I saw the same DR twice in my life ! But I can go to the urgent care center, and some bloke I've never seen before can perscribe OXYContin no problem, no 'ongoing relationship.'

Requirement for a DR as a Medical Director for each dispensary:
Not sure exactly where they are hiding them, but damned if I can find an extra 125 doctors in AZ, or the US for that matter. There function seems unclear. Should they be establishing this 'ongoing' relationship, prescribing mm alternatives like OXYContin, or what ? I don't understand the wisdom of this requirement. It seems conflicting with the 'ongoing relationship' business and other direction.

Bonding Reguirements
This seems to be a first draft, so I can understand a little ambiguity here. For the life of me, I can't determine what they are bonding against? For example, to open a Post Secondary Educational Institution (like computer training, for instance) you must get licensed by the State of AZ. Part of that process includes Bond determination (amount required) and validation (bond has been purchased.)
In this scenario, an educational company could take a lot of tuition, and then not deliver the education. I understand the protection there. But what are they protecting the public from by requiring BONDING of Dispensary Owners ? It's a cash and carry business, eh ?

A side note:
Residency requirements of 2 years prohibit California and Colorado dispensaries from expanding to AZ.

Again, this is the first draft, and scheduled to be revised....

Chronic Bosch -
'It's not the cough that carries you off,
but the coffin they carry you off in.'
:smokin:

Chronicbosch
12-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Been practicing the patient thing :stoned: too much ... sorry...

Video Surveillance
The rules will require dispensaries to have video security, accessible via the internet, with a min of 384k upstream, on all Retail and Operational areas.
Only the rules don't specify the intent of this access, who will have access, for what purpose, etc...

Will this be available to the public? Bad idea...'offsite grow locations' need not be published to the public at large...todays internet 2.0 can effectively trace to the physical location an internet connection.

To quote Alice in Wonderland
'Curiouser and Curiouser!'

ChronicBosch
'Ass Gas or Grass:
No one rides for free !'

:rasta: