PDA

View Full Version : marijuana dui

wounded
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
i was reading this morning about the laws in Arizona about driving while medicated??? Tempe has one of the worse laws i have read so far and it looks like their only going to get worse because of these idiots who know nothing about what it's like to live in pain and the only way for us to survive is to medicate. i suffer from a head trauma and fused neck with chronic headaches that have haunted me for 7 years now and the doctors prescribed percocet's to ease the headaches and i hold a commercial class (a) and was never worried about this law but i guess now i'm going to have to be more in tune with when i drive and medicate , but driving causes me to have some of the worse headaches because of my eyes and focus for long periods of driving. i guess what i'm concerned with is what will be the limit as far as 0.8- 0.10 because as you all know marijuana stays in your system longer then booze and if you smoke daily what limit will they allow or are we going to be DUI all the time ???

oldmac
12-02-2010, 04:53 AM
I really hate to break this to you, wounded, but you don't have to worry about THC levels but rather if you just teat positive.

All states that issue CDL licenses must follow the federal DOT rules for those licenses. Even if your state has medical mj and you are legal to use, test positive for mj and you will loose your CDL. :(

And I'm pretty sure it extends to caught driving anything, even your car.
OM

wounded
12-02-2010, 01:49 PM
the state law is for commercial reads as : its against the law to operate any commercial vehicle under the influence of any drug, so i have been operating facing jail time every time i drive a commercial truck but now that has ended. i'm fighting comp for these injuries for 7 years and after 22 years at my company they let me go and i'm sure its because of the percocet they prescribe me and have been for 7 years now ! my doctor even wrote me notes and the industrial doctors have cleared me for my medical card every time , go figure huh !