PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fert when swithching to flower

Buka Boy
04-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi there im on my 5th week of veg growing in soil under 250 watt hps ive been using peters fert which is 20-20-20 what should i use for flowering i just bought miracle grow bloom booster which is 10-52-10 is that ok .I heard middle number shouldbe high and nitrogen should be lowered.Now i asked on nh and they said low first 2 num and 3rd number high is this true.One last question this is my 3rd grow form this strain but first indoor grow.Last years plant looked christmas tree shaped with heavy amounts of resin.Just wish i new what kind it was bag seed from the beginnig but this is 3rd generation seed.The leafs are very fat very wide looks short and stocky.And 2 others are real thin leafed but very thin and long and pointy leafs they look very stretchy wide spacey between noids. If anyone has any idea what strain i have greatly appreciated. :confused: Peace and keep on growing.

KanMan
04-03-2004, 05:34 PM
10-30-20 will work good for flowering stage.

Wide leafs, short and bushy is a Indica strain
Long thin leafs, tall and spread out leaf nodes is a Sativa strain.

Good Growing!

notoriousfat
04-03-2004, 09:06 PM
10-52-10 should be fine for flowering...the 52 is Phosphorus, so it should be OK

KanMan
04-04-2004, 03:03 PM
10-52-10 should be fine for flowering...the 52 is Phosphorus, so it should be OK
52 is to high, stay around 30.

311junkie
04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
so basically, use all purpose miracle grow. it is a 15-30-15 mix, a good compromise, eh gents?

Threedog
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
The fertilizer i bought for flowering is 10 - 52-10 or something like that. Anyway, it is called "superbloom". Good name, huh?

delatour420
04-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Not to sound mean but miracle grow is for your grandmothers climbing ivy plants peters is about as crappy as i would go on fertilizer because cheap fetilizer has an abundance of salts in them which quickly toxify soil and the common solution seems to be leach with clean water but doing so rinses the nitrogen from your medium which will cause the ph to spike making nutrients unavailable and the whole time you feel you have fixed the problem it is sort of a cost/results balance--how much would it cost you to purchase the desired results and then decide if cheaper is better there are good fertilizers by american agritech or gh hydroponics and for leaching there is a product called clearex which removes salts by bonding with them and leaving valuable nutrients available to the plant also higher end fertilizers are made from better source materials so the salts are minimal and easier to manage as with anything you reach a point of diminishing returns if you try to get more bang for your fertilizer buck the numbers on fertilizer packaging represent available parts per million of each component and every nutrient (there are 14) has an optimal level more-toxicity,less not enough for rapid healthy growth. peters at least has trace elements last i checked miracle grow needed to be supplemented with miracle grow plant first aid which still doesn't supply all the necessary trace minerals not to mention auxins and other hormones and growth regulators

delatour420
04-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Anybody growing under flourescent lighting and using miracle grow gets what they deserve "I've been hearing" doesn't sound like empirically validated advice to begin with.

delatour420
04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Really? you need to post the photos of that killer harvest under flourescent light.

MVilleToker
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
check this out
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=21575

delatour420
04-27-2004, 07:07 AM
That's not bad but you don't really understand what i'm talking about. That is not a harvest per se- that is a plant not the kind of thing i'm talking about.It's a very good effort for what your working with but I use two 1500 watt metal halides and two 1000 watt high pressure sodiums in a co2 enhanced environment- air conditioned and when i say harvest i mean something totally different.mad props, my friend

NowhereMan
04-27-2004, 06:15 PM
The fertilizer i bought for flowering is 10 - 52-10 or something like that. Anyway, it is called "superbloom". Good name, huh?

i would cut back the nitrogen and up the phosphurous

too much nitrogen will burn them up ya know
peace

chrispy21122
05-28-2004, 10:59 PM
for all you people out there who down fluoros, do a search on yahoo for oasis femenized and check out the plants this guy grew entirely from flouros!!! :p

robert42
05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I DISAGREE ABOUT FLOUROS PPL SAY THERE CHEAP BUT U NEED ABOUT 5 OF EM TO HAVE A GOOD HARVEST. WHERE U CAN GO GET 1 400WATT HPS FOR A FEW QUID EXTRA AND HAVE A BETTER ALL ROUND HARVEST! - VOTE HPS LOL!