PDA

View Full Version : Growing for a dispensary

27Drel27
10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I was wondering when prop203 passes if I can just grow for a dispensary without having to open one up?:joint1::S5::baggy:

themarijuanaman
10-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Yes. You must get a letter of authorization from 1 Dispensary. The letter will authorize you to grow for that dispensary only. would like your contact info if you know what you are doing.

medicineguy
10-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Interesting discussion. I've also wondered about how this process works. Any information would be much appreciated!

thegreenleafaz
10-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Also, as a patient of a dispensary, you may give them meds and they may reimburse you for your costs (i.e. a donation).

I am familiar with medicinal marijuana and was a cardholder and grower in MI. Looking to get involved in AZ...contact me if interested

27Drel27
10-22-2010, 08:16 PM
I have been growing for 13 years (many of harvest). Using D.W.C., wick systems (earthbox w/ soilless), soil, and home made aero/nft systems. I try to keep it as organic and as simple as possible. I love growing cannabis and would love to make a career, that is legal, out of a commercial size grow-op. :weedpoke:

27Drel27
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Plus I don't want to pay all the overhead a non-profit dispensary has to spend.:beatdeadhorse:

medicineguy
10-22-2010, 09:18 PM
A read something about the costs of starting a dispensary and it was way more than I had thought.

27Drel27
11-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know if we will be able to get or sell hash to the medical marijuana dispensaries? Or will it be like Canada were they have to throw out their trim and cannot dispense hash?:greenthumb::bong:

medicineguy
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
You could also save the choice trimmings to make cannabis tinctures. Tinctures are a good choice for people who don't want to smoke/vape or eat all the sugar and fat that is in most consumables that makes that grassy flavor just a little more pleasant. ;)

27Drel27
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
That is a good idea thanks. Do you still have to separate the tricomes from the trim or buds before you make the tincture? I have never made or used cannabis tinctures before, any information would be much appreciated. :vap_smiley:

medicineguy
11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
There are different methods to extraction, hot or cold, usually using grain alcohol. I would imagine that they would be rather 'earthy' tasting but you also get all of the botanical compounds that might lost through smoking or cooking, like baking.

iWhiteWall
11-17-2010, 06:38 AM
I was also wondering something along these lines..it says that you cant grow if you live 25 miles from a club. But if you are growing solely for a clinic (you have the letter of authorization) do you not have to follow that rule also would you be able to grow more then 12 plants since your being a vendor for a clinic, you wouldn't be able to bring in much weight at once if that was the case. :(

aharding7
11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes. You must get a letter of authorization from 1 Dispensary. The letter will authorize you to grow for that dispensary only. would like your contact info if you know what you are doing.
I am interested in being a grower for a dispencery in AZ. What contact info do you need? Do you have a dispencery?

REALFACTS
11-17-2010, 07:42 PM
PEOPLE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE LAW BEFORE ASKING IF YOU CAN GROW FOR A DISPENSARY!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO BE A "DISPENSARY AGENT" AND BE GRANTED PERMISSION FROM THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. THEY WILL NOT START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL APRIL. AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203 (http://www.azdhs.gov/prop203/index.htm) IS THE LINK TO FIND THE REAL INFO EVERYONE WANTS DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT OTHERS SAY FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!

GreenZone
11-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Plus I don't want to pay all the overhead a non-profit dispensary has to spend.:beatdeadhorse:

27Drel27 contact me, im working on starting a dispensary and could use the help and your knowledge.

nazman
11-19-2010, 02:41 AM
It is important to read and know the new Arizona MM Law. People interested in growing. The rules are you must be 25 miles from a dispensary to grow for yourself. The plan is to have these dispensary's equally spread across the state. That will eliminate 99% of people growing their own.
The good news is these rules are not in stone yet. The ADHS is doing the initial informal draft of rules 12-17-10 They are asking for public comment on these rules 12-17 to 1-7-11
If you are interested to grow your own then you must be proactive and get as many people interested to also do so.
Here is the site
AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203

medicineguy
11-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the information but was it necessary to post the exact information three times? How about contributing to the discussion with some insights and original content?

asudevil
11-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Hey everyone. My partner and I have the funding and litigation lined up to open a dispensary if our application gets approved in April. We will be looking for some growers that would like to create great & long-lasting relationships with us. Please contact me with your email. Thanks!

nazman
11-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Sorry medicineguy, couldn't add anything to the discussion, my only experience with extractions is with Ayahuasca.
I Thought the importance of growing our own was worthy of posting multiple times.

27Drel27
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't know how to contact some of you, because your email is not on your page. So if you would like to get a hold of me here is my contact information:
[email protected] or [email protected]:joint1:

medicineguy
11-19-2010, 04:43 PM
An easy way to get ahold of me is on AIM. I'm usually on if I'm online here...

27Drel27
11-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Here is an idea of the things you will have pay for to open a dispensary:
1). Legal Compliance: Licenses and certificates
2). Taxes
3). Insurance
4). Security
5). Member Services
6). Rent: for the dispensary and for a commercial size grow-opp
7). Utilities: it takes a lot of electricity and water for a big operation.
8). Grow parts: rooms for diff. stages of growth, reverse osmosis water system, nutrients, mediums, systems, lights, fans (vent, intake, and for hot spots to keep the leaves moving), pH control (up and down) and meters, E.C. and/or T.D.S. meters, odor control, temp & humidity control (in Arizona you need a lot of air conditioning to keep a stable 78degrees), and you have to make all the rooms reflective for good light distribution.
9). Quality control: Make sure the product your giving patients is mold and disease free, free of pesticides, flushed properly, and perfectly cured.
10). Payroll: your employees got to get paid.
11). packaging
+ a lot more in lawyer fees and what not. Do you still want to open up a dispensary?:wtf:

medicineguy
11-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Great info. I'm sure some people think that its going to be like California or Colorado where there are some really sketchy storefronts.

GreenZone
11-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't know how to contact some of you, because your email is not on your page. So if you would like to get a hold of me here is my contact information:
[email protected] or [email protected]:joint1:

Just sent you an email.

azmedgardens
11-20-2010, 10:30 AM
I was wondering when prop203 passes if I can just grow for a dispensary without having to open one up?:joint1::S5::baggy:

I am sure you know the answer to this, NO, Please do not grow for anyone yet! The laws will be set real soon and you most likely will be a caregiver, if you can not meet the criteria to be a dispensary, ( this is something the Az Health Depart will determine soon),but care givers will be able to grow for 5 patients, 12 plants per patient. Currently we are working with the people who are responsible for getting the bill on the books, and there will be more information very soon.
Visit our web site in the weeks to come , and we will explain in detail the rules and regulations regarding the new law. But if you grow anything in Arizona right now its a felony and you will go to jail, just be patient..

Peace,

Az. Medical Marijuana Growers Association

azmmga.com (http://azmmga.com)
azmedicalmarijuanagardens.com (http://azmedicalmarijuanagardens.com)

azmedgardens
11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
PEOPLE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE LAW BEFORE ASKING IF YOU CAN GROW FOR A DISPENSARY!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO BE A "DISPENSARY AGENT" AND BE GRANTED PERMISSION FROM THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. THEY WILL NOT START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL APRIL. AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203 (http://www.azdhs.gov/prop203/index.htm) IS THE LINK TO FIND THE REAL INFO EVERYONE WANTS DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT OTHERS SAY FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thank You for this post.
Too many people are not getting the right information about the laws, etc.. If you are not already part of the Phoenix NORML meetings I encourage you to join everyone, the 3rd wen. of every month for there meeting.

We are all currently working together to provide everyone with the most up to date information regarding the laws over shadowing Medical Marijuana in the state of Arizona. We are in the process of finishing our web site , please take a look and keep up with all the current laws, etc..
Peace,
AZ Medical Marijuana Growers Association
azmmga.com (http://azmmga.com)
azmedicalmarijuanagardens.com (http://azmedicalmarijuanagardens.com)

PhxCannabisClub
11-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Great information.

photogregg
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey everyone. My partner and I have the funding and litigation lined up to open a dispensary if our application gets approved in April. We will be looking for some growers that would like to create great & long-lasting relationships with us. Please contact me with your email. Thanks!

Interested with 15 yrs of hydroponics experience, using all organic nutrients. Contact me at: [email protected]

AZCSceo
12-11-2010, 07:46 AM

you have gotten good info but not all accurate. to answer the question can you grow for a dispensary? You can not be on a dispensary payroll unless your an agent for them. You can negotiate with a dispensary in regards to your harvest prices. Growing styles vary from the cheap to the very pricey and that is between you and them. there is some room for adjustment.

Almost everyone in AZ will be allowed to grow the first year (http://www.arizonacannabissociety.com/AZSCU.html), we are in the process of adding a collective to our website (http://www.arizonacannabissociety.com/Home_Page.html) now to connect growers with patients when the trigger gets pulled in April.

AZCSceo
12-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Also, as a patient of a dispensary, you may give them meds and they may reimburse you for your costs (i.e. a donation).

I am familiar with medicinal marijuana and was a cardholder and grower in MI. Looking to get involved in AZ...contact me if interested

You will not have to be a patient specific to a single dispensary under the AZ rules. AZDHS is fond of the idea that people have a right to chose where they go. I could take 1 plants worth to 12 different places if I wanted to donate that way.

I just wanted to clarify that for everyone

MoHoGrow
12-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Hey all- Longtime grower, first time poster at cannabis.com.

Can someone who is informed, not just guessing, confirm or deny that the process for growing for a dispensary in Arizona will be the same or similar to the process that Colorado or California have?

I've been working my ass off to prepare to apply for a dispensary license here in Central Arizona, but honestly, my love for the plant would be better suited to growing at home, either as a caregiver or as a dispensary agent.

But thus far, I see nothing more than guesses from people that growers will be able to contract with dispensaries, since that's how it works in CO and CA.

At the end of the day, what I'm saying is that I would probably bail on my dispensary plans and investors if I felt confident that I would be able to grow for a dispensary.

Thanks in advance.

MoHo

AZCSceo
12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Hey all- Longtime grower, first time poster at cannabis.com.

Can someone who is informed, not just guessing, confirm or deny that the process for growing for a dispensary in Arizona will be the same or similar to the process that Colorado or California have?

I've been working my ass off to prepare to apply for a dispensary license here in Central Arizona, but honestly, my love for the plant would be better suited to growing at home, either as a caregiver or as a dispensary agent.

But thus far, I see nothing more than guesses from people that growers will be able to contract with dispensaries, since that's how it works in CO and CA.

At the end of the day, what I'm saying is that I would probably bail on my dispensary plans and investors if I felt confident that I would be able to grow for a dispensary.

Thanks in advance.

MoHo

Under current provisions in the state of Arizona a caregiver or patient may donate their un used or overage surplus to a dispensary and be reimbursed for the "cost" of the product ONLY, not labor. The official first draft of the rules will be available from AZDHS on Dec 17th for public comment. You can also leave a comment for them at their youtube channel.

Also there are many people that are interested in opening a dispensary that are either not familiar with how a not for profit is structured or have an inaccurate estimate of start up costs. The advice I am giving everyone is sit down and make a business plan draft. Then have someone else check it out for you. Then if you have the needed 100K-200K in capitol, call a lawyer and get moving.

We have had two investors back out and three more come in to replace their capitol, peoples attitudes change quickly unless their heart is really into it.

The best way to make sure you get a job as a grower is volunteer or have your investors talk with other investors that need a grower.

Good Luck to You

nazman
12-14-2010, 05:08 AM
you have gotten good info but not all accurate. to answer the question can you grow for a dispensary? You can not be on a dispensary payroll unless your an agent for them. You can negotiate with a dispensary in regards to your harvest prices. Growing styles vary from the cheap to the very pricey and that is between you and them. there is some room for adjustment.

Almost everyone in AZ will be allowed to grow the first year (http://www.arizonacannabissociety.com/AZSCU.html), we are in the process of adding a collective to our website (http://www.arizonacannabissociety.com/Home_Page.html) now to connect growers with patients when the trigger gets pulled in April.

Whats the story on "Almost everyone in AZ will be allowed to grow the first year" Why only a year? is that information coming from AZDHS?

MoHoGrow
12-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Under current provisions in the state of Arizona a caregiver or patient may donate their un used or overage surplus to a dispensary and be reimbursed for the "cost" of the product ONLY, not labor. The official first draft of the rules will be available from AZDHS on Dec 17th for public comment. You can also leave a comment for them at their youtube channel.

Also there are many people that are interested in opening a dispensary that are either not familiar with how a not for profit is structured or have an inaccurate estimate of start up costs. The advice I am giving everyone is sit down and make a business plan draft. Then have someone else check it out for you. Then if you have the needed 100K-200K in capitol, call a lawyer and get moving.

We have had two investors back out and three more come in to replace their capitol, peoples attitudes change quickly unless their heart is really into it.

The best way to make sure you get a job as a grower is volunteer or have your investors talk with other investors that need a grower.

Good Luck to You

Thank you kindly.

We've already secured $90K or so and are quite a ways along in our quest for a license (which we realize is a long shot, but plan to go for it). I am confident I could get a dispensary off the ground for $90K and our business plan draft supports that notion thus far, but I also feel pretty confident that anyone lucky enough to be granted a license is going to have investors who were denied a license coming out of the woodwork wanting to get involved.

You are so right about people changing their minds; we've had 6-8 interested lendors tota; 5 of them have gotten cold feet. Not everyone is cut out for this type of investment.

So I'm not a grower looking for a job so much as I am a potential dispensary co-director who is starting to feel like there are too many sharks and thieves in the dispensary industry and not enough truly talented, compassionate, generous people who know the true meaning of community.

So if I am better served on a personal level by offering my master growing talents and top shelf organic medicine to a broader swath of dispensaries/individual, I may end up going down that road in lieu of operating a dispensary here in Yavapai Co.

However, I do not see yet where Prop 203 allows for independent growers to contract with dispensaries to grow their medicine, as is the case in other MMJ states. It sounds to me more like each dispensary will need a salaried FT master grower to head up the cultivation facility and then 1-3 assistant growers to support him/her.

AZCSceo
12-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Whats the story on "Almost everyone in AZ will be allowed to grow the first year" Why only a year? is that information coming from AZDHS?

Will Humble and AZDHS have no resources to monitor patients and caregivers. This has been expressed publicly sometime ago.

See, if you register for a card and live next door to my dispensary that is not operational until AFTER you receive your card, and there is no dispensary within 25 miles of you when your card gets approved you will be able to grow until your card is renewed the next year.

By this time there will be an operational dispensary within 25 miles of you more than likely and your ability to grow will be revoked.

If your Will humble your going to place a dispensary everywhere you can to cover as much of the populous as possible and then start over lapping.

AZCSceo
12-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Thank you kindly.

We've already secured $90K or so and are quite a ways along in our quest for a license (which we realize is a long shot, but plan to go for it). I am confident I could get a dispensary off the ground for $90K and our business plan draft supports that notion thus far, but I also feel pretty confident that anyone lucky enough to be granted a license is going to have investors who were denied a license coming out of the woodwork wanting to get involved.

You are so right about people changing their minds; we've had 6-8 interested lendors tota; 5 of them have gotten cold feet. Not everyone is cut out for this type of investment.

So I'm not a grower looking for a job so much as I am a potential dispensary co-director who is starting to feel like there are too many sharks and thieves in the dispensary industry and not enough truly talented, compassionate, generous people who know the true meaning of community.

So if I am better served on a personal level by offering my master growing talents and top shelf organic medicine to a broader swath of dispensaries/individual, I may end up going down that road in lieu of operating a dispensary here in Yavapai Co.

However, I do not see yet where Prop 203 allows for independent growers to contract with dispensaries to grow their medicine, as is the case in other MMJ states. It sounds to me more like each dispensary will need a salaried FT master grower to head up the cultivation facility and then 1-3 assistant growers to support him/her.

Maybe we should talk. You can open a dispensary for about $140,000 roughly. You need the software and IT people to install and test it, can't forgot you have to integrate with AZDHS servers. A decent grow room will run 10K watts or better in the flowering room, that's a $45K system and the electrical costs are about $1800/month for 3 months while your growing crop #1. Security system required by AZDHS will run you about $10K. First you have to get through all the paper work and legal fee's. Incorporation, business license, CBA fees, etc. That will run about 10K as well. Rent on average size dispensary (if you can find a location) is going to run $2K/month for at least 6 months while you crop out and cure, that's 12K. And the same for the grow facility if not double that (depending on location) so that's around $24K. So now we're at $100K. $5K for the application fee. Misc. such as power upgrades by utility company for the grow facility, counters and what not for the dispensary, computers, first month/last month, misc. other deposits.

Also, does AZDHS know you by now? Have you been to meetings? Are you posting on their blog? Their Youtube? Are you representing in the local media? It is going to take a lot to get a permit. A good business plan is a must but you'll need more. A little co operation with the local mayor and what not can go a long way.

I hope some of this helps. Us little guys need to pull together to stop the big money from getting bigger if ya know what I mean. I have investors (2) right now that will each commit $60K. They have a STRONG business plan.

MoHoGrow
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Good morning!

Thanks again. Very helpful and also great to have a dialogue with someone with a little experience.

My experience has been of an illegal persuasion (not currently) and while we have been navigating the waters just fine, we are building from the ground up and it's difficult. While I have been successful at launching a small business, my expertise is in gardening and I don't agree that a cultivation facility build-out will be $45K. I think $25K is more likely. Of course it depends on the business plan and mine involves limiting the number of patients and focusing on supreme quality of medicine, so I would imagine that my facility would be 1/2 the size of what most are planning on.

For all the rest, i.e. IT, electrical, plumbing, construction, fine woodworking, security system, legal, etc.... one of our business plan's strengths is that we live in a community where we have many contacts and close friendships with tradesmen, City employees, CoC. Frankly, if I were trying to do this in any town where I wasn't "in" with the right people, I would have considered bailing on my plans last year instead of now.

You make a great point about AZ DHS getting to recognizing our names. I am not completely convinced that it will make a difference, but is something we have neglected to put a lot of effort into, as we have been waiting for the public comment period. We have posted on the Director's blog. We need to refocus our efforts on that, you are right.

I believe passionately in the power of community, partnership and cooperation. Call me a hippie. :) The intense competition and lack of collaboration I have witnessed in other MMJ states sickens me. If I end up operating a dispensary, I will partner with other like-minded, socially-responsible cannabis businesses (including other dispensaries), sharing successes, sharing genetics, sharing resources... I'm not sure what AZCS is all about, but I am very amenable to the idea of banding together and collaborating. I am not interested in the many outfits I've spoken with already who are asking $5-10K for their assistance.

The knowledge and power to help patients should be shared freely and anyone whose angle diverges from that, I'm not interested in working with.

AZCSceo
12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Feel free to check us out,

AZCS Home (http://arizonacannabissociety.com)

We started as an organization that decided to "watch over" AZ as the "green rush" hit us.

We dropped a dime on Kind Clinics after they claimed to have insider info and close ties to Will and his staff.

We dropped a dime on Medical Marijuana LLC for running classes on opening a dispensary, when in fact the classes contained less info than would be found in this thread.

And last but not least, Allan Sobol. We dropped way more than a dime on this guy. More like a fifty dollar bill.

Our staff scans the net and media daily keeping a watchful eye over AZ.

We we're approached in regards to opening a dispensary under our name "AZCS" and thats when we dove into the other aspects. I had already developed a business plan for some friends over the course of the last two years. A plan they paid me to develop and then they dropped out. One of them tried to buy my business plan outright and the AZCS name for $50K.

yet, here I am. Still doing what we promised AZ, keeping things FAIR.

please check out our site which is modeled after the business plan. We have been in close contact (as close as they let us) with AZDHS and the city in which we propose our dispensary be built. So far, they like us.

One of the reason is we threatened to abolish the black market weed industry in our town. With prices around $250/oz the street dealers will be out of business shortly. Our comment is on the AZDHS YouTube channel. We called out EVERY dispensary operator and challenged them to make the price of their product actually reflect the cost to produce it. Let's just say we we're not welcome by most after those comments.

I'm an old hippie as well and I will be damned if someone starts "corporatizing" or "commercializing" our mmj industry on my watch. We want people from AZ working in our AZ dispensaries. We want to create jobs (63 to be exact) in the town the dispensaries go in. And first and foremost,
we have publicly announced several things;

#1- Our G.R.O. Program Public Proposal to AZDHS
#2- Our facility will produce "Phoenix Tears" at the commercial level.
#3- Our facility offers "the Even Trade Program" for indigent patients. they can trade local community service hours for medication.

No patient should ever go untreated due to financial reasons. EVER!

:rastasmoke:

MoHoGrow
12-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Feel free to check us out,

AZCS Home (http://arizonacannabissociety.com)

I admit to being gun-shy and very skeptical at this point. My partners and I have spoken to 5-6 outfits by now who want ridiculous amounts of money to "help" us get a license. The lowest was $5K and the highest was $50K! If there are people out there putting their $50K towards paying someone to "help" them instead of putting it into the coffers to support the business during the first two years, they are idiots. And NONE of these outfits will tell you exactly how it is that they have "inside connections" or "insider knowledge" that is worth thousands of dollars to anyone. They want you to pay without telling you what you're paying for.

So what are you guys offering and what are you charging for the services?

We started as an organization that decided to "watch over" AZ as the "green rush" hit us.

We dropped a dime on Kind Clinics after they claimed to have insider info and close ties to Will and his staff.

We dropped a dime on Medical Marijuana LLC for running classes on opening a dispensary, when in fact the classes contained less info than would be found in this thread.

And last but not least, Allan Sobol. We dropped way more than a dime on this guy. More like a fifty dollar bill.

On behalf of us all, thank you.

One of the reason is we threatened to abolish the black market weed industry in our town. With prices around $250/oz the street dealers will be out of business shortly.

Our plan parallels yours in this regard. Our revenue projections are based on $200-250 ounces. I've always operated under the assumption that top shelf organically grown and carefully processed buds are worth $150-250 per ounce. I'll leave it at that. :)

#1- Our G.R.O. Program Public Proposal to AZDHS

Is this available somewhere? I haven't run across it yet.

#3- Our facility offers "the Even Trade Program" for indigent patients. they can trade local community service hours for medication.

Excellent. Our bp includes paying employees to volunteer in the community for 8 hrs every month and a "scholarship" program whereby people who are struggling financially can be sponsored by the community/dispensary/members. But I really like the idea of those folks being able to volunteer in the community and earn credit at the dispensary. Wonderful.

Beyond just helping our brothers and sisters who need cannabis and deserve to be able to access it safely, I see this as a great opportunity to do some really big things for my hometown. Gaia knows that Arizona towns can use all the help they can get.

AZCSceo
12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
for the G.R.O. Proposal: AZCSU (http://www.arizonacannabissociety.com/AZSCU.html)

we have Q&A sessions at Caramba's in Phoenix on Friday's between 2-4. This week is out because we have family and freinds coming into the airport at that time. These sessions are free. We are willing to answer ANY question about dispensaries and how to open one.

We have spent just about three years working on these plans and answers and they are free. if we like you. So far there was one McWeed shop wanna be that was turned away from our meetings. That's it.

602-488-1899 is my cell # if you would like to talk sometime this weekend.

budlover13
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm in Cali, so I won't bog down the thread with Cali pertinent info, but I must say that it's awesome to see the forums in each of the medical states. Seeing how they have learned not only from Cali's success in MMJ, but also the mistakes. Keep up the good work and good luck.

P.S. I saw an ad in HT for a company called Prescription Vending Machines dot Net. COOL idea, like a Redbox, only green!

MoHoGrow
12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
They need to call these machines something other than "vending machines" if they want to be successful in states like Arizona. People hear "vending machines" and immediately think of pot machines sitting outside of Denny's or inside the local mall. IMO.

If I am granted a license, you will never hear me uttering the phrase "vending machine" in reference to my dispensary. That would be entrepreneurial suicide. :D

for the G.R.O. Proposal: AZCSU

we have Q&A sessions at Caramba's in Phoenix on Friday's between 2-4. This week is out because we have family and freinds coming into the airport at that time. These sessions are free. We are willing to answer ANY question about dispensaries and how to open one.

We have spent just about three years working on these plans and answers and they are free. if we like you. So far there was one McWeed shop wanna be that was turned away from our meetings. That's it.

602-488-1899 is my cell # if you would like to talk sometime this weekend.

Many thanks for the info. I like the G.R.O. proposal and hope it works out for you guys.

I would love to have a phone conversation soon. Appreciate you offering.

AZCSceo
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm in Cali, so I won't bog down the thread with Cali pertinent info, but I must say that it's awesome to see the forums in each of the medical states. Seeing how they have learned not only from Cali's success in MMJ, but also the mistakes. Keep up the good work and good luck.

P.S. I saw an ad in HT for a company called Prescription Vending Machines dot Net. COOL idea, like a Redbox, only green!

You mean like Kind Clinic's that claimed to be able to retain 30% or better of all permits in AZ?! Not on my watch buddy. AZ needs jobs, not machines.:D

budlover13
12-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I completeley hear you both on that. Cali definitely needs jobs too. And as for "vending macjine", that's the first thing that came to mind:) ) Actually, in my brain it was sitting next to the Redbox in Walmart but....

I haven't spoken to them or anything so all the info I have is from their ad(they wouldn't lie would they;) ) in which they claim to make it a turnkey set-up and market it at individuals. I definitely agree though that their marketing department might want to rethink that company name though.

MoHoGrow
12-16-2010, 05:22 AM
The idea is nifty and the technology is impressive. Like you said, I just think they need to stay well away from the "vending machine" description.

budlover13
12-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Yes. Seems like they've got it fairly well covered, pre-verification, pre-pay, figerprint ID @ each vend. Then again, you know they're making some bank off this. I don't blame them. I really think the country will soon be entering the next gold rush when it becomes truly legitimate in at least 1/2 the states. Well, greenrush I guess. Not where I want to be, but I'm sure there are enough entrepreneurial spirits out there.

buklao420
01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey I would love to work for a dispensary too. i have about 8-10 years of growing experience. [email protected] shoot me an email. I would like to help out to. I can get some certified seeds. they are all female seeds, and I know some people wouldnt want to take clones from them but I have never had a problem. Even if I can just be an assistant grower I would love to keep learning on how to grow. I only have done soil thats all but I know.

AZCSceo
01-22-2011, 06:37 AM
I admit to being gun-shy and very skeptical at this point. My partners and I have spoken to 5-6 outfits by now who want ridiculous amounts of money to "help" us get a license. The lowest was $5K and the highest was $50K! If there are people out there putting their $50K towards paying someone to "help" them instead of putting it into the coffers to support the business during the first two years, they are idiots. And NONE of these outfits will tell you exactly how it is that they have "inside connections" or "insider knowledge" that is worth thousands of dollars to anyone. They want you to pay without telling you what you're paying for.

So what are you guys offering and what are you charging for the services?

On behalf of us all, thank you.

Our plan parallels yours in this regard. Our revenue projections are based on $200-250 ounces. I've always operated under the assumption that top shelf organically grown and carefully processed buds are worth $150-250 per ounce. I'll leave it at that. :)

Is this available somewhere? I haven't run across it yet.

Excellent. Our bp includes paying employees to volunteer in the community for 8 hrs every month and a "scholarship" program whereby people who are struggling financially can be sponsored by the community/dispensary/members. But I really like the idea of those folks being able to volunteer in the community and earn credit at the dispensary. Wonderful.

Beyond just helping our brothers and sisters who need cannabis and deserve to be able to access it safely, I see this as a great opportunity to do some really big things for my hometown. Gaia knows that Arizona towns can use all the help they can get.

I'll make you a deal, I'll show you mine and if you want you can show me yours, biz plan that is. Just to show our loyalty to our state and prove we're worth our salt.

MoHoGrow
01-23-2011, 05:41 AM
That is a very nice gesture but I wasn't up for the challenge of heading up my own dispensary license bid. Good luck to those of you who are. Cultivation is where my greater talents lie.

Peace-

jibaitaco
02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
That is a very nice gesture but I wasn't up for the challenge of heading up my own dispensary license bid. Good luck to those of you who are. Cultivation is where my greater talents lie.

Peace-

Hey MoHo, what's your contact info?:)

MoHoGrow
02-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I feel more comfortable taking yours and not posting mine publicly. :) Thanks.

jibaitaco
02-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I feel more comfortable taking yours and not posting mine publicly. :) Thanks.

That's totally fine. onextc at hotmail dot com

ronsrid11
03-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I have some killer property for sale that would be great to stock a dispenasary.
The property sits on 2 lots and is zoned commercial and has 2 bedroom house with 3/4 of an acre behind
the house sits prime growing land.

chippy1012
03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't believe another Ayahuasca person I tell you DMT was the most intense freaked out experience I ever had too bad its like a 5min mass hallucination, You ever follow the work of Dr. Rick Straussman he has taken DMT further than anyone so far

janehoo
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
We are currently looking for an EXPERIENCED Grower for the Phoenix area. We have already incorporated, designed our business plan and are looking for serious inquiries only. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail to [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.