PDA

View Full Version : honey oil HELP!

karnee
09-25-2010, 02:40 AM
so I tried to make honey oil. i used 5x butane. i used 1 oz of leaf. i put it in a glass tube and put 4 cans of the butane through it into a pyrex pan. now all i have is a gloppy mess i don't know what to do with. i can't collect it , well i can with a razor blade but then i have no idea where to put it and most of it is just smearing over the few things i tried to put it on other then the razor blade. please help i'm frustrated as i just used an oz of material and 4 cans of butane with i'm pretty sure i got not even a gram out of it. :*(

budlover13
09-25-2010, 03:07 AM
It will be anywhere from runny amber liquid to a thick globby ear-wax looking goodness. It doesn't look like much, but WOO HOO!!!!

kshchrn831
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Honestly, just go to youtube and search for HashBean420's video channel.

That dude is the king. He can be pretty informative if you go through his videos and watch anything related to his oils/budder.

tabbyeddy
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
just freeze and put in non stick tin foil or on glass also if you collect and add kief you can make the consistency a bit easier to manipulate also a little bit goes a long way my favorite way to apply and is usually in good portions is to use a pin or sewing needle and break off a frozen piece with it let it sit long enough to stick to the pin then lightly heat it into a bowl of bud or even just ash

Graywolf
09-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Moving backward, you put way too much butane through it. One to two cans would have done it. Check the color of the butane coming out of the column to see when it is time to stop.

Moving forward, if I was looking for something to vaporize, I would place it in a shallow container over low heat ~160F, and let it sit and out gas for awhile longer.

If I wanted to ingest it, I would stick it in a 240/250F hot oil bath and cook it until it was relatively bubble free.

karnee
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM
i was wanting to use it to make lollipops like you have listed in another thread but am having such problems and feel like i'm waisting so much with not much out of it. when i scrape it, it just smears and/or sticks to everything. thanks so much everyone for all the great info!

Glugglug
01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Take a small piece of what you've collected and smear it onto a bowl you are about to smoke... smoke it and know you have not wasted your time!

Graywolf
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
i was wanting to use it to make lollipops like you have listed in another thread but am having such problems and feel like i'm waisting so much with not much out of it. when i scrape it, it just smears and/or sticks to everything. thanks so much everyone for all the great info!

Wash it out with warm ethanol and put it in a smaller container that you have prevously weighed.

Cook off the ethanol in a 250F oil bath and weigh the container with the oil in. Subtract the tare and add the rest of the ingredients.

Put in back in the oil bath and mix. It will then be much easier to handleand you will minimize your losses to the container.

As you note, raw cannabis oil is stiiiiiiiiiiicky and messy.

2muchkief
02-17-2011, 05:37 AM
so I tried to make honey oil. i used 5x butane. i used 1 oz of leaf. i put it in a glass tube and put 4 cans of the butane through it into a pyrex pan. now all i have is a gloppy mess i don't know what to do with. i can't collect it , well i can with a razor blade but then i have no idea where to put it and most of it is just smearing over the few things i tried to put it on other then the razor blade. please help i'm frustrated as i just used an oz of material and 4 cans of butane with i'm pretty sure i got not even a gram out of it. :*(

just throw the pan in the freezer for 30mins to harden then scrape from pan into thick plastic, 1 gal ziploc etc. then recool in fridge folded up in bag.