PDA

View Full Version : Hair test

bsynder21
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi I was wondering just how the hair tests worked for marijuana. Hypothetically speaking, if a person smoked for the first time ( lets say last week) I'm wondering how long it will take for them to get clean. What I mean is if a lab needs the first 1.5 inches of hair which takes on average 90 days to grow how long will it take for none of their hair to show traces of THC? On average how long will it take the hairs on their head and body to show no traces of THC while growing?

Deige
08-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi I was wondering just how the hair tests worked for marijuana. Hypothetically speaking, if a person smoked for the first time ( lets say last week) I'm wondering how long it will take for them to get clean. What I mean is if a lab needs the first 1.5 inches of hair which takes on average 90 days to grow how long will it take for none of their hair to show traces of THC? On average how long will it take the hairs on their head and body to show no traces of THC while growing?

Do an advanced search under Hair testing using the following usernames: Fakeboobsrule, Jerry G, and myself(Deige) and you should find all the information you need.

bsynder21
08-14-2010, 03:19 AM
I read that if you've only done it once in your life the odds of it being in your hair isnt that high. Is that true?

bsynder21
08-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Well anyways here is what I plan on doing. I smoked on august 9 and plan on getting my head buzz cut (not a complete bald shave) and shaving all my body hair with the exception of eyebrows in early December. Potentially I will have the hair test as early as April. So I'm wondering if I shave in December will enough time had passed from when I smoked that the hair that starts growing back will be clean no matter how long? If not when should I start shaving based on the date I smoked plus the fact that it was my first time and so I'm told not very strong weed.

bsynder21
08-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Since I forgot and the board wont let me edit past 10 minutes just in case it is relevant I'm 5'10 200lbs and I work out at least 3 times a week. I'm not sure if this will work so hopefully you or one of the two you mentioned will guide me on how to fix this. I'm desperately trying to find out how long the body deposits THC into the hair before it stops doing it.

Deige
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
If you only smoked once in your life, their won't be enough THCA in your hair to raise a red flag at test time, even if your test was next week. I would rest easy and try to abstain from smoking until after your test.

bsynder21
08-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Just out of curiosity how long does it take the body to stop showing signs of THC in hairs growing out of the body after you've smoked once and only once like I have? Just to be safe I'll buzz my hair mid September and shave my all body hair too except for the eyebrows then re shave whatever has grown out mid November, giving it more than enough time to grow back for the potential test in March.

Deige
08-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Just out of curiosity how long does it take the body to stop showing signs of THC in hairs growing out of the body after you've smoked once and only once like I have? Just to be safe I'll buzz my hair mid September and shave my all body hair too except for the eyebrows then re shave whatever has grown out mid November, giving it more than enough time to grow back for the potential test in March.

THCA stops depositing into the body 2-3 days after your last smoking session. So if you shaved your head 7-10 days after that session, all new hair growth will be clean. Average human hair growth is 1\2 inch per month and most testers look for atleast 3\4 of an inch to test. So the average person will need to wait 45-60 days to ensure they have enough hair.

In your case, I wouldn't shave my body, it's totally unnecessary. I would shave your head or cut it very close to the scalp and let it grow back to atleast 3\4 of an inch for test time.

FYI, The rule of thumb for hair testing is 3 small smoking sessions(small joint, small edible, or small bowl) within a 90 day period if the hair is atleast 1 1\2 inches in length. This is the allowable amount to be under the testing cutoff levels.

bsynder21
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Honestly though it would give me peace of mind. But just to make sure does body hair count the same as head hair in terms of the 7-10 day window it takes to get clean? Because doesn't body hair take a lot longer to grow out?

bsynder21
08-15-2010, 02:45 AM
And please do not take this the wrong way as you have been amazingly helpful but how do you know that THC stops depositing into the body 2-3 days after your last smoking session? Also because I'm so paranoid about it and will do it anyways, should I shave my body hair the same day I get a buzz cut or does body hair deposit THC at a different rate because of slower growth that head hair? I know you think it is pointless, but I'm the kind of person that just likes to be 100 percent sure about things. Once again thanks for all your help. I can't wait for this all to be over and get that damn job.

Deige
08-15-2010, 04:56 PM
And please do not take this the wrong way as you have been amazingly helpful but how do you know that THC stops depositing into the body 2-3 days after your last smoking session? Also because I'm so paranoid about it and will do it anyways, should I shave my body hair the same day I get a buzz cut or does body hair deposit THC at a different rate because of slower growth that head hair? I know you think it is pointless, but I'm the kind of person that just likes to be 100 percent sure about things. Once again thanks for all your help. I can't wait for this all to be over and get that damn job.

I learned from the master of the drug testing forums, Fakeboobsrule. He has a background in the medical field and knows a lot about drug testing. If you want to shave your body thats your choice, I'm just saying that it isn't necessary. As far as the body hair, its the same as head hair in terms of depositing THCA. They have no reason to take body hair if your head hair is atleast 3\4 of an inch.

bsynder21
08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Alright well here is my time line. Let me know what you think.
August 9 - first time smoking in life ever, little more than 3/4's joint
September 6 - Buzz cut hair and get regular hair cuts after that, also shave body with exception of eyebrows
Early October - Re shave body just to be sure hairs are clean, let regrow after that normally
late March early April - Hair test probably around this time

Again it might seem paranoid but it will give me peace of mind. Are you sure that if I follow this method I'll be clean as a whistle no matter what hair they test on my body?

Deige
08-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Alright well here is my time line. Let me know what you think.
August 9 - first time smoking in life ever, little more than 3/4's joint
September 6 - Buzz cut hair and get regular hair cuts after that, also shave body with exception of eyebrows
Early October - Re shave body just to be sure hairs are clean, let regrow after that normally
late March early April - Hair test probably around this time

Again it might seem paranoid but it will give me peace of mind. Are you sure that if I follow this method I'll be clean as a whistle no matter what hair they test on my body?

You'll be cleaner than a preachers sheets. Good luck!

bsynder21
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Also, if THC is kept in the fat cell is there a way that they can be released into the hair at any time so long as they are in the fat? You say that waiting 7-10 days will be more than enough for new hair to come out clean so is it possible that if the THC stays in the fat longer than the hair is it possible that it will get released from the fat into the blood and then show up in the new hair growth, even after the 10 days?

bsynder21
08-16-2010, 12:21 AM
I was in a rush when I asked that so maybe this will sound clearer: what about the metabolites that are left in my fat cells and blood stream, will these still effect my hair after i quit and shave my body and buzz my head on September 6? If so, how long approx.?

zebu111
08-16-2010, 12:32 AM
THC doesnt come out of the hair,
UNTIL YOU CUT IT OFF!!

TAKES AT LEAST 30 DAYS FOR THC
TO BE CLEANED OUT OF YER SYSTEM

bsynder21
08-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Is there any truth to that? 30 days before I can take off my head hair and body hair?

Deige
08-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Is there any truth to that? 30 days before I can take off my head hair and body hair?

What did I tell you before? It's 7-10 days, don't pay attention to the clown.

bsynder21
08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Whatever happened to FBR anyways?

zebu111
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
What did I tell you before? It's 7-10 days, don't pay attention to the clown.

â??How long does marijuana stay in your system?â? you have to realize that itâ??s very unlikely that youâ??ll be able to get a usable answer. The most common period of time is anywhere from 3-30 days, depending on your metabolism and the amount of marijuana that youâ??ve smoked. This is unfortunate, since it means that while most drug tests can only turn up evidence of other drugs if youâ??ve been taking the drug within a few days of the drug test, marijuana could still be detected in a urine test up to a month after the last time it is used.

How long does Marijuana stay in your system? (http://www.concept420.com/how-long-does-marijuana-stay-system.htm)

Deige
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
â??How long does marijuana stay in your system?â? you have to realize that itâ??s very unlikely that youâ??ll be able to get a usable answer. The most common period of time is anywhere from 3-30 days, depending on your metabolism and the amount of marijuana that youâ??ve smoked. This is unfortunate, since it means that while most drug tests can only turn up evidence of other drugs if youâ??ve been taking the drug within a few days of the drug test, marijuana could still be detected in a urine test up to a month after the last time it is used.

How long does Marijuana stay in your system? (http://www.concept420.com/how-long-does-marijuana-stay-system.htm)

I totally agree but we were talking about hair testing and dirty hair can be removed from the head after it's had a chance to grow away from the scalp. This is where i get the 7-10 days.

bsynder21
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Was I right in worrying about what the metabolites that are left in my fat cells and blood stream, and if these will add THC to my hair after my buzz cut and shave?

Deige
08-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Was I right in worrying about what the metabolites that are left in my fat cells and blood stream, and if these will add THC to my hair after my buzz cut and shave?

Nope, it only deposits when you smoke and stops after 2-3 days.

Deige
08-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Whatever happened to FBR anyways?

He rarely shows up anymore, but still handles his moderating duties.

tigerfan223
09-30-2010, 10:24 PM
question I have is i stopped smoking on may 5th 2010 an didnt smoke again till aug 27th i took one hit of purple an havent smoked since. recently found out i have to take hair test for work around oct 25th or 26th. i will cut my hair two more times by then. do you think i will pass and should i shave my body hair also