PDA

View Full Version : Screen of Green ScrOG

rudy2010
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I am looking for technical details on setting up a Screen of Green for outdoor plants. I looked on Google and the info there seems to be focused on indoor growing. The size of the screen is limited to the amount of lights being used. I have outdoor plants and the sun is my light so the light factor is essentially unlimited.

I would like to know how big the screen should be for the ScrOG on an outdoor application.

*Is 6' x 6' good?
*Would 8' x 8' be better?
*How far above the soil should the screen be suspended?

All questions are for outdoor plants using sunlight. I believe this is a relatively new method for outdoor growers. Anyone?

rudy2010
08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I see several people read this but 0 replies.

Has anyone even heard of using the ScrOG in an outdoor application.

I would like to say I need this to maximize my crop but alas I am the "killer on the road" again. Trying figure out what I did wrong has my "brain squirming like a toad". I had frost damage at the start of the season and almost all of the plants seemed to be recovering. But alas they turned out to be severely stunted. The plants in my back yard have been tied down and bent over and are still above my head and going strong. The plants at my property are in good soil getting enough water for once but are just plain runts. I tried Roots Budda grow and CES products but the plants just turned yellow and looked worse. I tried Vermitea and that just yellowed them more. All products were used at the recommeded dose. So I have just been going with plain water and that seems to be the best. Hopefully I will learn from this year and will need the ScrOG next year.

Let me know if anyone has details on the ScrOG like size and distance from the soil.:smokin:

MEDEDCANNABIS
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
1 to 2 ft off the ground. i would go with 24 inches wide for the screen and as long as you want. this way you can get underneath to cut or guide branches and fertilize. this might be late but there is always next year.

rudy2010
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info I will keep this in mind. Access would be difficult on anything much wider. A friend of mine is testing this on a couple of plants. I will update the forum when I hear how it went.