PDA

View Full Version : Do you all grow your own?

zelgadis21
06-05-2010, 07:29 AM
I understand that in hawaii we are only able to grow our own but does anybody buy from a friend? I've been buying from a friend but to him it is just weed so I'm not really sure what kind it is and I would really like to try white widow.

oldhaole
06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I understand that in hawaii we are only able to grow our own but does anybody buy from a friend? I've been buying from a friend but to him it is just weed so I'm not really sure what kind it is and I would really like to try white widow.

Please pardon my sarcasam,....In Hawaii we do not grow our own. The weed fairy leaves buds under our pillows every night. We just go to sleep and BAM next morning we have an oz. Sucks for us huh? Here on Maui the weed fairy is a green menehune, though I hear from friends that Oahu,s menehune often gets stuck in traffic.

Does anyone buy from a friend? Hell no! Friends buy from us. Money is best if it comes TOO us , not FROM us. Last time I bought weed was some time back in the early '80;s

O.K you let me jerk with you so I will answer seriously. With 3000 miles seperating us from the mainland, shipping ok weed to a place that grows the best in the U.S. just doesn't justify the risk or make any sense. It could be you are too far down the pole and we tend to save the best for ourselves. or your friend has a strain he has worked with for many years, and he is happy with it.

If you want to try WW, buy some seeds and grow it yourself. Or you could look around for another dealer. WW is here, but it is oftem crossed with other strains. Often we will cross a local strain with a mainland strain just to see what happens, or to aquire a trait we want. For many of us we have tried seeds from the mainland and were not impressed.

So if you want to do it, and do it right, do it yourself. Hope you find your WW.

zelgadis21
06-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm a bit confused, with the permit we are allowed to have 3 full size plants and 4 budding? so legally we have to grow our own. I'm still in debate if the price of the permit worth it if I can't grow myself because of living in an apartment. Most of my friends seems to not know any growers but more the middle men, So yea right at the bottom :(.

CovertCarpenter
06-06-2010, 01:24 AM
...(in reference to your living in Hawaii), who witnessed Brian fall from the tower, into a spaceship that just happened to be flying by, and then walk away from the ship miraculously crashlanding after being shot down moments later, "Oooo you lucky baaastad...

Personally, I like Nirvana and Sensi Seeds, but there are some good Canadian houses, too. I also like that I can buy 'em legally downtown. Google around... this is NOT an endorsement, just an example of what's out there and might be fuuuunnnn...

Buy Hawaii Skunk marijuana cannabis seeds from Holland. (http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com/product_info.php?id=123456789012&product_id=12&currency=49&affilid=238116241128)

Dude, if you can't find seeds locally (and I betcha you can, betcha betcha some of your chronic friend(s) might even be able to hook you up with bagseed), you could always go mail order from either Amsterdam or Canada, and then after sprouting 'em properly, and transplanting 'em at least twice while hardening 'em up, just PLANT 'EM IN YER BACKYARD, YA LUCKY FUCKA. Meant with love, of course :)

Go fer it! Widow is sooo good it's insane, when properly grown. Look into doing some type of LST while they're in veg, and you should get a killa yeild by the end of the year.

Keep us posted!

zelgadis21
06-07-2010, 12:21 AM
well looking around I found a way to grow from inside my apartment. I'm going to buy a grow box when I have enough money for it. It is most likely that I'll be starting with lowrider because of it's height and this will be my first time growing anything. Maybe after summer I'll spend some money to get this project going.

oldhaole
06-07-2010, 04:01 AM
You live on Oahu. Am I correct?...You can grow your own up in the mountans above Honolulu if you can do a 8m mile hike. When I was in UH we would take the bus up to Waihila Ridge and jungle plant on the Palolo valley side of the ridge.

Also behind Kam school ( Kapalama Heights) has some nice areas. And the best thing about jungle planting is each year you can use those holes year round. If you pull one harvest, you are golden, the holes can be re-planted each year after. First year expect to lose half to rip offs. As you get better at hiding them less will be found.

Use your lights to grow starts. Lots of starts. Then start exploring the trail system. There are literaly hundreds of places to hide a patch or two. Stay away from the cliffs and go under the staghorn fern. Practice leaving no trail. Then after you harvest your WW you can rub it in his face.

Then you can fix that money flow problem I talked about above.

Good Luck.

zelgadis21
06-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try growing indoors first but outdoors would be better for the plants and have a bigger harvest. I'll keep everybody posted on my progress when I start. Gardening seems like a fun hobby.