PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Recirculating and Oxygen Query

gc141170
04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
I have put a water pump in the last tub that i have with a hose leading to the resivoir. This is pumping the nutrient into the resevoir.......

I have also put in an Air Stone into one of the tubs in the middle and also into the Resevoir for oxygenating.

Will this take care of my oxygen and recirculating needs. Will it harm the Roots in that particular tub where the Air Stone is.

Appreciate any comments

jadeius
04-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Well I'm no genius on growing pot, but I can't tell you to watch out for the flow of your nutrients into the tub. Make sure it's not too much, and make sure it's not going to fast. Make sure the oxygen flowing in is not too fast to disturb the roots too badly. That sounds like and excellent setup, though. I'm just careful about piping and flows (mechanics). There can be a lot of force generated through those pipes. A gentle streamy flow would be best. You probably have all this worked out though anyways...

perthkiwi
04-16-2005, 09:00 AM
hows it i got a three pot recirculating system i got a air stone in each pot cos i have water nuts etc in the bottom pot im getting 21/2 pound per 12 weeksmate the love air peace...pot...patience... the ratman

jadeius
04-18-2005, 09:12 PM
let us know how that system goes though, sounds really complicated..i'd like to see the plants later on....

SamoanLawyer
09-04-2005, 12:58 AM
put an airstone in all the buckets, or the one bucket you put the stone in, only that plant wil thrive

latewood
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
hows it i got a three pot recirculating system i got a air stone in each pot cos i have water nuts etc in the bottom pot im getting 21/2 pound per 12 weeksmate the love air peace...pot...patience... the ratmanhow about some pix...what size light are you using?

latewood
09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
horlback designed a system that had no airstones...the circulation, if done correctly
does not require airpumps, as the recirculating water provides enough oxy for your plants, for instance: ...in nft there are maybe an airstone in the res and that's it,
...in aero sprinklers spray create oxy, no airstones, except res...

With that said...It will not hurt a thing if you use airstones in all your buckets, but with airstones in the main res, you do not have to put them in your buckets...I would though, if it is within your budget, because, once again, it doesn't hurt...

As far as airstones damaging your roots...not gonna happen...
As far as fast flowing water, you can do that also, as long as you have your runoff,
set correctly, the more flow, the more oxy...some people use powerheads!!! Just make sure that you don't blow the nutes out of the system...hope this helps...
...sorry about the chapter...