PDA

View Full Version : WHAT LIGHTS DO I NEED FOR MY HYDRO PONICS SYSTEM

gaz2020
03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
HEY DUDES,I'M NEW TO THIS SITE SO HI EVERYONE.I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER,I AM JUST ABOUT TO PURCHASE A HYDRO SYSTEM,WHAT LIGHT DO I NEED,IS METAL HALIDE RIGHT(HID),IS THIS THE ONLY LIGHT I NEED,WILL IT BE TO HOT IN A SMALL WALK IN WARDROBE AND CAN IT BE SEEN BY HELICOPTEORS ON THEIR THERMAL CAMERAS :D

mrxthethcman
03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
If its in a closet a mh would get to hot so i would recommend hps.this is perfect for vegg and flowering stages.

cannabecea
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
HEy

You can use fluos, or HID's (hight intencity disticharge) lamps. Fluos dont mak heat so you can stuff them in a closet without having to worry about the heat, but the lenght of the tubes causes some problems. If you chose to use fluos this is what you should know

-Wide spectrum is a SUPPLY of light and not a growing fluo (you dont need this to start your plants, if you want some new fluos in the grow room or more fluos, they can help, but its not the best

-Cool spectrum: I makes a nice green foliage, very good for vegetative stage, they are great for growing you sprouts and they stimulates your plant to make more side branches

-Warm spectrum: they will make very thik steams and braches, makes your plant much more solid and they will make more bigger buds to your plants, they oare better for Flowering stage.

Now for HID's (MH/HPS).

MH is good for the vegetative stage and HPS for both flowering stage and vegetative stage. But you need some good ventilation for the lamps (cpu fans works well).

Anyway i hope this will help see ya have fun

p.s: this is a lamp that i bought a month ago, its the famous economic light. I think its very good but i sugest it for a supply of light (its a daylight but i use it for flowering stage, im trying to break the rules a bit ;) ) anyway. The plant might look strechy, its because i introduced the lamp during the strech but you can see that it have stoped...anyway

gaz2020
03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
:D hps,is that the sodium lights,are they better for use in a closet,weed ya later

cannabecea
03-30-2004, 10:25 PM
hEY

Yes its the sodium light (hight pressure sodium). I have a friend that grows with it and haves troumendus results with this light. You just need some ventilation for the heat. You can use computer fans, its the smallest and most effecient ones :)

See ya hope this will help ;)

gaz2020
03-31-2004, 06:11 PM
;)
hEY

Yes its the sodium light (hight pressure sodium). I have a friend that grows with it and haves troumendus results with this light. You just need some ventilation for the heat. You can use computer fans, its the smallest and most effecient ones :)

See ya hope this will help ;)
YES LOADS,YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR,LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS GO