PDA

View Full Version : How can i stop vomiting ?

jacquelyne
04-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Sorry its a bit disgusting and im heaving as im typing this but how can i stop being sick.Im 8 weeks pregnant and not smoking and cant stop being sick.Ive tried ginger pills there ment to help and they arent.Im loosing weight because even the thought of any food makes me feel sick i cant eat at all hardly.I want baby to be healthy so whats the best way to stop feeling sick so i can get food down.I know if i had a bong i would eat but im not doing that.Any ideas ?

mellow mood
04-12-2005, 03:11 AM
hey, if u want my advice u should consult a doctor,and u shouldnt smoke weed either(if u do but i hope not)

larghetto
04-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Probably just the way woman are when they're pregnant, ask your doc like mellow said - its likely nothing to worry about.

DO NOT SMOKE WHILST PREGNANT.

powair
04-12-2005, 05:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with smoking pot during pregnancy.

mellow mood
04-13-2005, 11:10 PM
i guess yes. the tetrahydrocannibol is transported to the brain cells of the baby too. the baby can be like a bit retarted like concentration problem. its like if u take any other psychoactive drugs :eek:

del...
04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
there are no medical tests showing cannabis is harmful to fetuses...or harmful period, beyond the obvious potential lung probs.

i sometimes get nauseous from the pain pills i take and a couple puffs off the bowl usually takes care of it...my ex-wife and mother of our 3 kids (all college grads, btw) toked thru all 3 pregnancies with no complications or probs. she kept it well within reason and usually only for relieving whatever symptoms she needed relief from...iow, she never just sat and toked for getting stoned while pregnant.

jacquelyne
04-14-2005, 02:44 AM
I have been doing a bit of reading and i read that marijuana does not reach the foetus insted the thc sits in the amniotic fluid and is there before pregnancy.I smoked for nearly 3 mths with my first son as i didnt know i was pregnant.I was so scared the doctor said dont worry about it he will be fine.I didnt know last time why i was sick and each time i had a bong i felt better in the stomach.I gave up when i found out.He was born a week early and was 6 lb 12oz so a lil small i wonder if that was pot during the first 2 and a bit months ? Theres nothing wrong with his learning or brain.There might not be any proof it effects babies but i it kinda scares me.In about 3 or 4 weeks the baby will be tested amniocentisis to check all is fine with him.Until thenwhen i feel sick i just lay down with my bucket lol.

melissa222
06-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Dont smoke weed while pregnant because I did and Child Protective Services took my baby off me right in the hospital!!!! They will do a blood test in the hospital after labor and if there is weed in you or the baby's system, they will take the baby away. I never even thought of this or heard of it untill they took my baby. At least in PA i know they will. I'm not sure about other states but you can find out.

melissa222
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Try to get your doctor to prescribe Zofran a drug for nausea

ezjim
07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
when my kids moms were pregnant they would smoke one or 2 hits off a joint in the AM to help with morning sickness [ as advised by thier midwives] a couple tokes will not harm the baby and will allow you to keep a lower stress level and to keep eating [ you are eating for 2 now so even if you are not hungary the kid may be ] im not saying you should be smoking out all day every day till your kid is ready to come out but an occasinal hit or 2 will def.. help more than it will hurt btw all our kids had all thier fingers and toes and very good birth weight's 1st was 10 1/2 lbs 2cnd was 8 lbs 11 ounces and the 3rd was 8 lbs and 6 ounces

Fengzi
07-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I see you've tried the ginger pills but you might want to try some some ginger tea. My wife drank lots of that when she was pregnant and it was one of the few things that helped. Plain white rice is also good to eat since its prettyt bland but can fill you up. In any case, I remember reading that for many women morning sickness starts to taper off after the 9th or 10th week so hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.

While I'm hesitant to advocate smoking anything during your pregnancy. I wouldn't worry too much that smoking a bit caused the early birth of your first little one. My wife was fanatical about not putting anything potentially harmful(weed, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, sushi(parasites) etc) into her body while she was pregnant and exercised every day right up until she gave birth. Even so, our little girl was born 7 weeks early and weighed only 4lb 13oz when we brought her home. The docs said she was just ready.

Oh yeah, do you want a girl? There's an old wives tale that says bad morning sickness means a girl is on the way. It been pretty true from what I've seen. Let us know what it is when you find out.