PDA

View Full Version : obtaining medication without having recieved card

mountainbum45
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
hi, i've recieved my doctor's approval in the state of montana and i am currently awaiting my actual card. can my caregiver still give me medicine before i actually have the card?

MTbudman
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Saturday my wife and I both got our signed slip from doc and was told by the doc it is legal for you to have and receive it from a caretaker before your card but it is up to the caretaker. I guess some are holding back till you get your card or just saying that to get you to sign them up as your provider.
After our meeting we went and was able to buy a sample at one place but didn't sign anyone up do to wanting to find whats best for us..
Good luck..:thumbsup:

TC42o
04-12-2010, 09:38 PM
The Missouri River Drug Task Force has come out and said that they will continue to prosecute caregivers who sell to any patient that they do not currently 'posses' the state issued MMJ card for

once again - a patient is legal to obtain their meds from anywhere, it is the caregiver that is at risk

CannaMedicine
04-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Good information. Anyone selling without a card IS going to get into trouble sooner or later....and makes all caregivers look bad. If you want to make sure you don't ever run out of your medicine, don't choose a caregiver that doesn't follow the law!:thumbsup:

new2mt
08-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Saturday my wife and I both got our signed slip from doc and was told by the doc it is legal for you to have and receive it from a caretaker before your card but it is up to the caretaker. I guess some are holding back till you get your card or just saying that to get you to sign them up as your provider.
After our meeting we went and was able to buy a sample at one place but didn't sign anyone up do to wanting to find whats best for us..
Good luck..:thumbsup:
I would be interested in knowing where as we are in the same situation. Doctors recommendation but no card yet.Thanks.

Kartel
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Bottom line: Currently, as a patient it is in your best interests to seek a caregiver willing to dispense to you with just a recommendation. Most caregivers I have spoken with in the state of Montana that do this require you to sign them caregiver at the time that the original physician recommendation is sent to the state.

The Missouri River Drug Task Force has come out and said that they will continue to prosecute caregivers who sell to any patient that they do not currently 'posses' the state issued MMJ card for

once again - a patient is legal to obtain their meds from anywhere, it is the caregiver that is at risk

Sooooo.... source??? And by continue, could you cite the other previous examples of prosecution by specific example?

The big issue with what you say is that the MRDTF is not attorneys, they are cops. DA's prosecute, police arrest.

And again, you emphasize that it is up to the caregiver, the patient is not facing a risk. Therefore it is in the patients best interest to seek a caregiver willing to dispense to them immediately, there is no risk for them in doing so.

:rastasmoke::rastasmoke:

Kartel
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Good information. Anyone selling without a card IS going to get into trouble sooner or later....and makes all caregivers look bad. If you want to make sure you don't ever run out of your medicine, don't choose a caregiver that doesn't follow the law!:thumbsup:

This is just wrong. :wtf::wtf::wtf:There are many many caregivers waiting to fill that patient's need should they it be required. And now with temporary caregiver forms allowing storefront shopping, this is just absurd.

I stand by my statement, as a patient, it is always in your best interests to sign someone caregiver that is there to care-give for you and dispense to you when you need it... if you have a legitimate recommendation from a physician, your medicine should not be denied to you because of the state's bureaucracy.

new2mt
08-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try to find a caregiver that will take my recommendation. I do have real pain issues as another doctor (who refused to sign my mmj form ironically) also gave a narcotic pain meds perscription. I really don't want to take the persciption pain pills, too many scary things there. And while getting med from a caregiver before the card actually arrives is maybe a grey area, getting it off the street is illegal and thats my other option. So... any caregiver recommendations? Also what is the temporary caregiver form? I haven't heard of it yet?