PDA

View Full Version : Himalaya Gold end of flowering (+ pics)

thabutcha
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,
so this is my first grow and I must say .. I think its a fail. Well, i planted it around the november 20 and i've put it in flowering about 9- 10 weeks ago... The problem seems to be my soil that does not let the water ''circulate'' well. The first 3 inches are ok but deeper than that, its hard and compact and it does not let the water drain. I only water it about once every 2 weeks because of that..Recently, since about 2 weeks, my lower sets of leaves have begin to fall and I feel like its becoming a more important problem since its starting to affect other sets of leaves .. will that considerably affect my harvest? Plus a couple of leaves have a bit of yellow on their tips..

Its been longer than what it was suppose to be. I was supposed to harvest at 8 or 9 weeks .. its been 10 or almost.

Should I spray water on the leaves that are falling? Or better: What should I do ??!
I know I'm a noob and all but any answers from someone who actually knows this kind of thing better than me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

j5isalive
04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I think the problem is lighting from the stretch and popcorn buds. What kind of light are you using?

thabutcha
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
im using a neon light of 120 watts . i did not have a lot of budget and i still dont have any. I asked a couple of people on here and every one told me it should be alright for only one plant.. what kind of inexpensive lighting could i use to supplement my neon ? thanks btw

jtsik330
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
120 watts is good for one plant however not just one bulb. It would be better or more productive to use 5 20watt bulbs so you can put the bulbs around the entire plant. Its your first grow so the amount of information you learned on this one, your still going to learn double on the next one. Atleast thats how it worked out for me. If you can only water twice a month then some perlite or something similar is definetly needed. Cut the leaves that are dead. If they are in fact dead they should just pull right off. Good luck on your next grow and keep reading!:thumbsup:

riderinthedark4
04-18-2010, 11:45 PM
If you are watering but you feel like the entire root system may not be getting water, I found that it works very well if you get a bigger bucket than your pot full of water, and you dip the pot from bottom to nearly the top in the water. When you pull it out, the water will all flush out from the bottom, and your plant's roots will be fully watered.

Hope this helps,
rider