PDA

View Full Version : Bohica's questions on starting a new growing

BOHICA
04-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Hello,

Usually I don't smoke Reggie but due to the economy I had to start lol. I threw a bunch of seeds into potting soil in a neat-o planter and now that they are about 3 inches high.. I don't even know what to do. I got all these pesky little gnats flying all over driving me BONKERS! :yippee: I read on the forums here about how to get rid of them with the diatomacious earth or whatever... I'd like to make em bud and I am in over my head here :i feel stupid: I can grow almost any vegatable, flower, fruit or herb, but I'm not to sure what to do with this particular herb... any help would be helpful :hippy:
Lots-o-Love!

ianpike
04-08-2010, 12:25 PM
YOU NEED TO PUT THEM ON A 20/4 LIGHT CYCLE UNTILL THEY SHOW PRE-FLOWERS, THEN CHANGE TO A 12/12 TO MAKE THEM BUD.. IM NOT SHURE HOW WELL THEY WILL GROW WITH THE LIGHT YOU R GIVIN THEM BUT I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD GO INTO SHOCK WITH NOT ENOUGH LIGHT.

BOHICA
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
What kind of light should I use? when you say 20/4 light that means 20 hours of light and 4 without? I'm going to good ol' walmart today and if you could get back to me with what type of light I'd be really grateful :)

j5isalive
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
On my first grow, I just used some twist CFL bulbs. I bought an 8$ clamp light, some 3$ lamp splitters.. running 4 bulbs per clamp light. The yeild was decent for the little money invested. And the more actual wattage the better. You want bulbs in the 2700k range for flowering (soft white bulbs), 6500k for veg (daylight bulbs).

Good luck!

mysticheaven
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
YOU NEED TO PUT THEM ON A 20/4 LIGHT CYCLE UNTILL THEY SHOW PRE-FLOWERS, THEN CHANGE TO A 12/12 TO MAKE THEM BUD.. IM NOT SHURE HOW WELL THEY WILL GROW WITH THE LIGHT YOU R GIVIN THEM BUT I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD GO INTO SHOCK WITH NOT ENOUGH LIGHT.

Get a metal halide bulb from venture 250w 600w 1000w ect then when they :pimp:get a hps bulb youl need a hook up system