PDA

View Full Version : Is this preflowering

Buka Boy
03-29-2004, 12:14 AM
I have 8 plants 4weeks old there on there 7th and 8th noids.And when i turned my lights today ive seen on a few of my plants in between some of the noids it has little baby laefs coming from the and looks like female pistil sticking out but thats on all of the noids on my plants.Does that mean there preflowering and what should i do.Im growing in soil under 250 hps at 18on 6off.Im not sure of strain but they have very wide leafs and big plants very stout. Can anybody help me. Sorry wish i had camera :D

311junkie
03-29-2004, 02:39 PM
iwondered about that too. mine turned out to be that the little leaves turn into big ass branches. not pre flower. just vegetative growth

mark8185
04-14-2004, 05:41 PM
I have the same thing happening to my plants I have had them under floros since they started 24/24 and the tops of the plants are huge and I have little branches and leaves growing out from the middles so I am cutting the bottom few leaves up till about 2 noids from the top so that the new ones get the light. but does this mean I have to start them to flower now or doesnt it matter? and mine are just normal hemp seeds u get in a fishing shop but the leaves I dried out are as big as my hand and they taste great when smoked this is my 1st time growing so rather then wasting the money on seeds I thought I would try this out first, they look good, but the biggest is 2 1/2 tall and smallest 13 inches can I get them the same size? I also have them in 10 inch pots how big can I let them grow before they are restricted to the pot? lol, any posts on this with help would be great Thanks Mark

Razer
04-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Buka Boy, sorry, would be hard to make an assesment like that without a picture. But, on the up side, they may be ready to switch to flowering anyway. A month is usually long enough in veg. It depends of course on the strain and the heighth you are trying to achieve. I grow indoors and switch to 12/12 when the girls are about 12".

mark8185, a good rule of thumb is 1 gallon size per month you plan to grow. I veg for a month and flower for two, so I use a 3 gallon pot. If you are going to keep one as a mother for a longer period, I would use atleast a 5 gallon. :cool:

mark8185
04-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks Razor,
How do you mean keep the bigger one as a mother plant? Do you mean grow it with the rest and get bud off it the same way then get cuttings from it for the next lot after I have harvested my littleir ones, I am goin to start the 12/12 cycle now cos they have been growing for about a month now im not sure cheers for the tip, Mark

Razer
04-14-2004, 07:43 PM
mark8185, I was not suggesting to make the larger one the mother, but rather give general advice on picking pot size. When I choose a mother, it is always during veg stage. I don't believe in taking clones after flowering, as it for sure takes them longer to root and may well cause genetic weekness for future generations. Could I also ask a favor of you mark? When you have a question of your own, don't piggyback, start a new thread. Thanks Bro'. :cool: