PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lerner from Kush spoke at Denver meeting last night.

MMDInsuranceCo
03-19-2010, 03:14 PM
I had the chance to see Mike Lerner (founder kush) speak last night at the Medical Marijuana Business Alliance meeting. This meeting is held at the Loew's Denver each month. Mike is in Denver preparing for the Colorado Cannabis Convention spoke to approximately 70 people.

Here are some points that I thought were of interest to anyone involved in the industry:

How important it is to unite. Mike mentioned if Los Angeles dispensaries had united they might be facing a very different outcome today. Some of you may not know that LA dispensaries are under pressure to close from actions being taken by the city. This could happen in Colorado by the way.

The number of jobs that have been created by the medical marijuana industry is in the thousands. There are examples of dispensary owners/growers that lost their job or required to change careers. The medical marijuana industry allowed them to continue live, hire people and contribute back to their communities.

Tobacco companies are apparently buying land in Mendocino County, California. Their reason--hedging a bet if medical marijuana becomes legalized. Who better to grow medical marijuana than Phillip Morris? Mike also mentioned major liquor companies are pouring money into California. These companies don't want to see liquor sales decrease by 30% if medical marijuana became legalized.

Mike and Kush Colorado will be spending thousands of dollars for the Colorado Cannabis Convention. I believe it will be very successful, especially after hearing about the results from Hempcon LA. It was pretty much sold out.

I thought I would take the time to spread the word out in the community. If you have never been to one of these meetings (I hadn't), they are very worthwhile. Please visit Medical Marijuana Business Alliance (http://www.mmballiance.com) to obtain more information. Their phone number is 303-256-6431. Tell them Greenpont Insurance sent you!

The Colorado Cannabis Convention is on April 2nd and 3rd. Greenpoint Insurance has a booth at the convention. Please come by and see us. We will have giveaways from some of our great dispensary clients. By the way, we won't be trying to sell you insurance. We're sold out!

Jord0713
03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
thanks for the info...I would like to check out one of these meetings for sure!