PDA

View Full Version : U2 Kush Lineage?

ShastaCoMan
03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
hey, does anyone know the TRUE lineage of U2 Kush?

DanTheHydroMan
07-16-2010, 10:35 PM
It's EWE2 not U2
genetics are :
master kush x bubba kush

ievolution
10-29-2010, 09:48 PM
are you sure about those genetics? where does it get the purple from? ive heard it was purple urkle x og kush...

FlyinPolynesian
10-30-2010, 06:52 PM
are you sure about those genetics? where does it get the purple from? ive heard it was purple urkle x og kush...

A vast majority of Pre98 Bubba Kush cuts have deep purple hues.

ievolution
11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
really? ive heard that before when i was asking about this purple cut of master kush i got. the person i got it from said it was urkle x og kush. but i take everything he says with a grain of salt..

ievolution
11-06-2010, 01:32 AM
alright well i looked for a picture. when i got this cut i was told it was OG. but it turned purple and i contacted him and he said it was most likely EWE 2 kush or a cut that i gave him and he forgot about. so im 95% sure its ewe2 kush cause i know its not the cut i gave him. i got two pics that arent very good. but if some1 that knows this strain can check it out and let me know what you think id really appreciate it.
not the best pictures but i think it gets the point across.. 1 on the plant. the plant almost looks fake when its flowering. really leathery looking leaves. has a pretty good yield not a lot of nodes but it makes up for it with big dense buds. hands down my fav strain. the next closest is my Redwood Kush. similar but lighter green and lighter purple with less purple all around. i also keep my Room cold so i get my strains a little more purple than most people get. i took 60 days at 1 point and the trichs had a really yellow color. hands down best looking weed ive seen. if any1 can let me know if they think its for sure (u2, ewe2 kush) id appreciate it. were 90% sure he didnt have LA confidential which is kinda similar at the time i got this.

kushguy101
12-11-2010, 02:47 PM
looks like grape ape or la conf. I'm almost sure from looks alone thats not bubba of any sort in that photo. it may have some o.g. in it though. but a true bubba or bubba master cross just barely gets purple hues at harvest time. That stuff in the picture is solid purple like crayola crayons.

how do i know this and what the heck are my credentials? well I've held every job in the marijuana and medical marijuana field over the last 23 years. I write medical marijuana reviews and take photographs of it for a living. I'm known as the lineage freak at the medical marijuana clinic i volunteer at 3 days a week. I'm sitting here with perfect grows of all the strains mentioned above in my possession within arms reach. I'm sure if you search for keywords "master x bubba kush" "o.g. kush" or "full melt hash" along with my reviewing name "kushits" you'll stumble upon some great photo's and reviews.

i got some u2 bubba tonight i'll toss up a photo of it.

kushguy101
12-11-2010, 03:03 PM
oops it wont let me edit so i'll double post like a douche but i tried changing it in the last post. but i was thinking....

looks like grape ape x og which is gangster grape or most likely a nice la conf. pheno or possibly an og x p kush.

whats the smell like? is it sweet like sugary grape juice or kina like grape juice with a hint of soy sauce? And does it have an earthiness to it and almost a minty smell?
peace

Durka421
02-10-2011, 05:11 AM
that strain is nuts. Im not one to grow really only have once, but i do know that amazing buds always come from leaves like those leathery looking ones. Good job where u buy seeds?

Durka421
02-10-2011, 05:14 AM
If i was to name it anything id call it purple kush because my purp k i always get around here looks like that stuff always but not sure.

howitreallyis
05-17-2011, 02:54 AM
U2 is an old world kush and a certain circle of Nor Cal growers have been growing it for over 30 years now. I have been seeing the strain alot in orange county lately and it does resemble a nice bubba but its alot more potent and trich-ey than the fake bubba (hindu/bubblegum); the original bubba (West Coast Dawg) is better than the U2 but those genetics are gone. Anyways... The U2: Great golf ball sized/shaped nugs with 6oz+ indoors. Easy to grow. Most likely a land race from Iran or Pakistan. What I do know. This pre-dates bubba, urkle or master kush by ten years+:wtf:. It could be spelled ewe 2; I'll have to ask. The strain made it to Humboldt in 79-80 and the seeds were obtained by a soldier or diplomat supposedly. The family that had this strain kept it to themselves and it finally made it on to the growing scene about ten years ago when they quit hoarding the genetics. I have a friend who has aunts and uncles that have been growing only this since the early 80's and he continues their legacy. It all he will grow and his plants look amazing. I'm just more into the harder hitting strains and try to promote og's to him but he's doing a great job on it. You can find U2 in your local south orange county dispensaries. If you like bubba:jointsmile:. Go with the u2. Its better:rasta:.