PDA

View Full Version : Could use some imput.

PenCap
02-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Firstly, I have pins in my 5th and 4th Metatarsal that hold my bones together and create constant daily pain. Marijuana is nearly the only method of pain relief that actually allows me to sleep and make it through my day. It is because of this that I am pursuing my medical marijuana license. I've read many forums where it seemed "stoners" were trying to create an excuse for their card rather then having a legitimate condition. Just wanted the record to be set now that I am an adult and pursuing my license for strict medical purposes.

That being said, I recently moved to Montana from Maryland. I live in Great Falls, MT. In Maryland the medical MJ laws are different and don't require a licensed card.

I'm following the steps of contacting a doctor and caregiver and pursuing the application for a MM license here in Montana.

My question is what steps I should use in talking with my doctor?

I feel that I should be very honest up front and tell them that my goal is to be recommended for MM. Maye this isn't a good idea?

Should I tell them that I've smoked marijuana in the past?

Should I tell them that being recommended for MM is my goal in setting up an appointment?(I'm worried that the doctor I choose will be prejudice and not look at state laws and be compasionate about my condition.)

Should I make it clear that MM is about the only pain relief method that allows me to move about freely and continue my day?

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make the doctors appointment as easy as possible would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to choose a doctor, spend the time/money/effort to have an appointment only to be turned away.

PenCap
02-24-2010, 02:58 AM
A followup question I just thought of would concern caregivers.

Is anyone currently using or familiar with a professional, honest caregiver based in or covering the Great Falls area?

dennisjill
02-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Check the other MT posts. There are several organizations that do mass signups. Step 1: If you have medical records, just follow your organization's instructions. If not, see a doc to get a record of chronic pain, then go to step 1.
Dennis from Kalispell

PenCap
02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Check the other MT posts. There are several organizations that do mass signups. Step 1: If you have medical records, just follow your organization's instructions. If not, see a doc to get a record of chronic pain, then go to step 1.
Dennis from Kalispell

Thank you for not reading anything I typed and replying with something that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

MTConnect
02-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Follow my link in my signature and pop me an e-mail from my site. This is EXACTLY why I am doing what I am doing.......

Hope to hear from you - I'll watch my inbox.

MTConnect
02-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh - I have no link....PM'ing.

Sorry!

MTConnect
02-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Ok - there is no PM - go to my profile and my website is listed under my info. If I post it here - I'll get in trubble.

Also - I would not recommend telling your doctor your GOAL is to get a MMJ card. That is a HUGE point of contention right now - and where you live just recently passed a moratorium on caregivers within city limits for 90 days about a month ago.

I'm 90 miles from Gruffles - hit my site - I'll help you. I'm a patient - not a CG - so not after yer money. Had my own struggles becoming certified.

dennisjill
02-25-2010, 12:03 PM
What I was saying was, if you are unsure about your regular doc (or you found a good one and don't want to scare him/her away), get a record of chronic pain. Then you can easily get the approval from one of the clinics done around the state. That's how I got my card. My regular doc only approves for terminally ill.
Dennis from Kalispell

tricktroy
03-02-2010, 02:19 AM

Is anyone currently using or familiar with a professional, honest caregiver based in or covering the Great Falls area?

u should email [email protected] for questions i know him personally. very nice fellow. he is in bozeman but knows people in great falls

jecingfc
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM

my caregiver is organic medical solutions.top notch product at reasonable prices.and he is based in great falls.

CannaMedicine
04-23-2010, 02:17 AM
I can help you. Personally, I wouldn't talk to my regular doctor about this, for lots of reasons.

It used to be that there was only one choice for obtaining your medical marijuana card in Montana, now there are several. My job is to make sure you don't stand in line, sick or hurting....you make an appointment, like any regular doctor appointment, you are seen and you're done. Medical records are required.

Look me up in my profile.