PDA

View Full Version : Hydro week 3, red stems

MrGrapeGod
02-13-2010, 04:03 AM
hey, started a clone on the 1st of the month in a drip system set up. I have my 150 watt light running 18 hours a day 15in away. The plant is lacking Phosphorus i believe due to its red stems(even though the images dont look red, they are a dark deep red) and the lower leaves seem to be slowly declining. The growth is good, but seems stunted, i have noted that the new leaves are growing in slowly. If you agree that i am lacking phosphorus let me know what chemical nutrient i should add. I am using cal-mag plus and pure grow, but neither contain phosphorus. If you disagree with my analysis let me know what you think. Thanks

LOC NAR on probation
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Strain related.

Our Papaya has the red stems and it gets more red when it's cold or when they go into flower. During veg they grow out green and soon change.

They look very good. What starin are they ?

MrGrapeGod
02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
It's a Bubba Kush and are you sure about those red stems, because its green at the base, turns to red on the left side of the plant up to the split in the branches where is turns all red besides a few little spots.

If you have input please share

LOC NAR on probation
02-14-2010, 04:30 AM
these are nirvana Papaya. they have always been like this when kept at about 70 degrees for the rez temps.

LOC NAR on probation
02-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Hawiianxskunkxbigbud mother been hacked on and just a couple red streaks.

LOC NAR on probation
02-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Nirvana skunk redhair mother all these are in the same room.

MrGrapeGod
02-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok, so the red stems isn't something to worry about. Other than that how does the plant look and any advice?

LOC NAR on probation
02-15-2010, 04:31 AM
They are looking very nice and good color too. Like to see them when they flower. I have heard alot about bubba kush never tried it. Interested to see how it does.

MrGrapeGod
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
K thanks, today is week 3:

Height: 6in.
Leaves: 12 not counting new leaves that haven't unfolded.

Although it is week three i am leaving the plant in the veg stage for atleast another week in hopes for more growth, this means i will continue with my 18/6 hour light rotation. Enjoy the pictures

jtsik330
02-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Doesnt look like many people are chiming in but I've noticed that my plants fan leaves stems get more and more red as I give them more and more nutes. Its okay as far as I know. My ph is adjusted and no delay in growth of anykind. They usually don't get fully red though.

MrGrapeGod
02-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Doesnt look like many people are chiming in but I've noticed that my plants fan leaves stems get more and more red as I give them more and more nutes. Its okay as far as I know. My ph is adjusted and no delay in growth of anykind. They usually don't get fully red though.

thanks for the imput, yea they are are real deep red. Im gonna leave the plant in veg stage for a while longer with the possibility of 1 to 3 weeks or more, as much time as it needs b/c there is no need to be impatient before i transition to flowering.

MrGrapeGod
02-20-2010, 12:35 AM
As the new growth is coming in on the top I am noting that it is doing so in a lighter green than the color on the other leafs. I am not sure if this is due to not enough nutrients or if it is because it is simply new growth.

Enjoy the pics

LOC NAR on probation
02-20-2010, 02:03 PM
It's new growth. We have some that comes in very light lime green and then darkens up.

crf70rider
02-23-2010, 07:39 AM
i gt a bubba kush seed going one i got from the club shes got purple stems she theonly plant i even grown that grow right she 10 inchs in a month a half that bubba's a good strain

MrGrapeGod
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Clone was planted February 1, 2010, this is week 4 of veg. Is looking good, just waiting for it to sprout up some more.

MrGrapeGod
03-06-2010, 03:43 AM
In the end of week 4 of veg. is it ok to trim some of my shade leaves?

LOC NAR on probation
03-06-2010, 03:55 AM
You can trim in veg anytime. But remember leaves are the muscles of the plant. Unless it's a real good reason I don't cut anything. Try to fold them under or something.

MrGrapeGod
03-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Understood about the potential of trimming putting stress on the plant. But seeing as to how this plant is turning out to be a bushy strain and although the this last photo doesn't show it, the sucker has leaves everywhere under those shade leaves. My hope is by changing the root to stem ratio by trimming some shade leaves the plant will grow up a bit and then all the smaller growth will bush out as it has already begun to do without my influence. I like the idea of folding the shade leaves, but due to the bushiness of the strain that may be detrimental to the other leaves due to the compact area in which all the growth is forming. Tune in for new pictures tomorrow, the leaves are huge and every day this plant excites me.

LOC NAR on probation
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
The Phototron has a technique of trimming in veg to get the most budding sites on the plant.

Top the plant at 6 to 8 sets of branches.

When a side branch has one set of leaves cut the leaf off at the main stem for that branch and top that branch. This encourages the branch to grow.

Now on every branch after the ones coming off the main stem. Top those secondary branch at two sets of leaves and trim the leaf at that branch.

This will give you a bush from hell. You can take it as far as you want in veg. I have seen a plant only 3 feet tall have 5 pounds under one 1000 hps light. It was also 3 feet wide.

MrGrapeGod
03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Good looks on those trimming tips. Ya, she's a looker. Heres some more pics, she is now 13in tall and the biggest shade leaves measures 7in long.

FatBudsXXX
03-13-2010, 01:06 PM
hey, started a clone on the 1st of the month in a drip system set up. I have my 150 watt light running 18 hours a day 15in away. The plant is lacking Phosphorus i believe due to its red stems(even though the images dont look red, they are a dark deep red) and the lower leaves seem to be slowly declining. The growth is good, but seems stunted, i have noted that the new leaves are growing in slowly. If you agree that i am lacking phosphorus let me know what chemical nutrient i should add. I am using cal-mag plus and pure grow, but neither contain phosphorus. If you disagree with my analysis let me know what you think. Thanks

your stems ARE REDISH BECOUSE YOUR THE TEMPERATURE IS TOO LOW...!!!!!

your temp is ~ 19 'C, by the look of the plants on the photos...

- make it 24'C... red will go away...

...peace...

MrGrapeGod
03-15-2010, 03:16 AM
your stems ARE REDISH BECOUSE YOUR THE TEMPERATURE IS TOO LOW...!!!!!

your temp is ~ 19 'C, by the look of the plants on the photos...

- make it 24'C... red will go away...

...peace...

Hey, so it ranges from 60'F at night with the light off to 85'F in the day with the light on.

MrGrapeGod
03-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Hey week 7 of veg. Going into transition the 26th. The plant is 17in. tall. Enjoy the pictures.

MrGrapeGod
03-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey, just discovered along with some 7 leaf leaves i have some 9 leaf leaves. Meaning?

ForgetClassC
03-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Your plant is growing.

-C

MrGrapeGod
04-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Put my plant into flowering on the 16th, it is 31in tall and 34in wide.

The image of the single leaf is the only leaf showing this deterioration of health, let me know if I ought to be concerned about the rest of the plant

martyrprojekt
04-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I remember the days when I babied my plants to death. Let them be. If a leaf is not getting enough light, nutes, water, etc...for whatever reason it is inside the plant.

I always lose some leaves...it happens. Stop being a hypochondriac and let your plants do what they do...GROW!:thumbsup:

tinytoon
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Marty you are funny as hell but I can relate to Mr GG. We been growing for about 2 years now but I still see a leaf that isnt right or something and it's like "Oh shit!!" just to find out that it is nothing to worry about.

Mr GG best thing to do is let it go and just watch her grow. If something really goes wrong she will tell you :thumbsup:

MrGrapeGod
05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey, so week 3 of flowering here. In two days time my leaves have gone from looking healthy to now drooping, especially the ones nearest to the light source. I guess the light may be getting too hot on the leaves.

martyrprojekt
05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
YES...Indica heavy plants are effected by heat from your lights.

MrGrapeGod
06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey, so all my hairs have changed to a bronze orange, but i haven't completed the flowering cycle. What's the deal?

tinytoon
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
The red hair thing is common in my grows, about 4 weeks out??

LOC NAR on probation
06-07-2010, 02:15 AM
The color of the hairs means nothing except strain related. All turn after harvest so how do we know a white strain from a normal redhair ?

It's the color of the trichomes that matter.

tinytoon
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I was waiting for our resident trichomesoligist to reply in hehe. I was gonna say trichs but didnt want to take Loc's favorite subject lol

MrGrapeGod
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
The red hair thing is common in my grows, about 4 weeks out??

It's about 5 weeks about, i wanted another week with the final nutrient and two weeks to flush the plant with just distilled water

tinytoon
06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
4 or 5 pretty much the same just different strain

Zeffer
07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Hydroton ! me too ! Can we talk about that stuff cuz'n i don't know many
who do ! After germination in rapid rooters you put the seedlings into the
hydroton. How far down do you bury the seedlings...right at the top...
Or closer to the bottom ! ? and yyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

dkm287
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
mrgrapegod...what kind of system are you using that? that looks a lot more professional than my hack set up...

LOC NAR on probation
07-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Hydroton ! me too ! Can we talk about that stuff cuz'n i don't know many
who do ! After germination in rapid rooters you put the seedlings into the
hydroton. How far down do you bury the seedlings...right at the top...
Or closer to the bottom ! ? and yyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

The more your plant is at the bottom of the netpot the more stability it will have when roots grow out.. But for some the plant is short so it will have to go closer to the top. Just put them as deep as you can same as soil.

On some plants we put them at the bottom and just enough tron to cover. Then as the plant gets taller we fill in the rest of the netpot with tron.