PDA

View Full Version : Proposing New Conditions

bedrockbob
02-12-2010, 03:46 AM
I am reading the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and there are provisions that twice a year the Advisory Board to the DOH will conduct public hearings and evaluate pettitions for new conditions.

I am proposing that a group of ladies pettition for menstrual problems. They HAVE to consider it, and they CANT refuse it. It opens the door for further expansion in a big way. It is a PERFECT use for cannabis and a political nightmare to deny.

Marijuana is so good for general depression, aches and pains, fatigue and exhaustion, headaches, stomach upset, and just the effects of a bad day. THIS is where the miracles of marijuana are really felt. Sure a cancer patient can use MC for releif and that is great, but my grumpy old lady could be completely CURED by a few tokes. A little happiness and a peaceful feeling is better than all the antidepressants in the world!

This weed is POWERFUL we all know, and does much good. People are going to go and ask to be included and this is the main way that we can expand the program. What are your thoughts on conditions to add to the list that would benefit mankind most? Gotta be specific medical coditions that you can quantifiably prove that ganja helps.

firestartersydd
02-12-2010, 04:06 AM
I vote for a thumbs up across the board.:thumbsup: It has been my cure for pain, nausea, digestive issues, depression, headaches and insomnia. I truly feel like it is the proverbial fountain of youth and should be sold like tylenol on department store shelves.......wouldnt that be killer to see. An eighth of white rhino sitting right next to the sleeping pills.

chance942
02-12-2010, 04:54 AM
All I can say is that the world would be such a better,nicer place if all the world leaders would sit down and blaze it.

bedrockbob
02-12-2010, 05:02 AM
All I can say is that the world would be such a better,nicer place if all the world leaders would sit down and blaze it.

Amen brother! Jah be praised!

chance942
02-12-2010, 05:18 AM
No doubt. Everybody knows someone that they wish would just shut up and puff already. Severe depression disorder is a legitimate case. The heavy Sativas I believe would immensely help with lack of motavation,help make things fun and interesting again and give a lot of us a reason to roll out of bed. PTSD is approved but so should bi-polar,we'll see. There are many symptoms associated with PTSD that should qualify by themselves. The best thing for the program to me seems to be that people that don't really need it have to be seen as just that. If you have back pain from lifting heavy objects maybe a chiropractor would be the answer. I grew up in the Rio Grande valley as a farm boy. Back breaking work,bucking hay,hoeing irrigation ditches,shoeing horses,busting broncs. My body has been beat up so bad since I was 10. I'm not seeking Cannabis for that,I can control the pain of my back but PTSD I've never been able to get under wraps. At this point my back is tolerable albeit some mornings I have such pain that I can't get up for awhile,I'm 30. My whole damn body hurts in one way or another everyday. I'm not sure exactly what conditions are already approved but ANY form of Neuralgia should be approved. Nobody should have to limited to opiates that don't give REAL relief. Happiness? I know,no chance but I think we can all agree that a supply of greens that is always easily available would make us all happy. Life,Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Life? What is that? Liberty,free to do what we're told and happiness. Eroding day by day.

chance942
02-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Amen brother! Jah be praised!

And blessed may you be Bob. I hope that BS is behind us.

firestartersydd
02-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Hell yes to all of the above, lol. Glad to see you 2 get on the same level. In the end, its all about what gets you close to normal, right? Whatever the hell that may be. I seriously can't wait to have a few sessions with some of you fuckers. lol.

chance942
02-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Hell yes to all of the above, lol. Glad to see you 2 get on the same level. In the end, its all about what gets you close to normal, right? Whatever the hell that may be. I seriously can't wait to have a few sessions with some of you fuckers. lol.

I'm "down" hopefully I'll be legal when that NYC Diesel is available,that Dank looks killer! I don't want to be normal I wanna be my old self!! Haha anyway keep on truckin Fire. Peace

Bob I don't mean to hijack the thread but truth is I don't know enough medical terminology to offer any real solid suggestions. Other than ANY form of Neuralgia. Like I said before PTSD has so many underlying,related conditions that should be viable. A heavy Indica for anxiety maybe? PTSD is just too much of a generic diagnosis. Alone each one can and is hell and put them all together and you have the trainwreck that is PTSD. Trainwreck doesn't have to be considered bad though.:D

personified
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Take a CHANCE of treatment for schizophrenia is getting a correct diagnosis. This is important to do quickly because research has shown that the sooner you get diagnosed and treated, the better the long-term outcome (which is the same for all serious illnesses).

This can be a more difficult than it might seem, because the symptoms of schizophrenia can be similar at times to other major brain disorders, such as bipolar disorder (manic-epression) or even major depression. Another issue is that a person with schizophrenia may be paranoid or believe that nothing is wrong with them, and therefore may not want to go to see a doctor.

I am thinking there is a good CHANCE there is a problem it is the only explanation I can think of. I know the CHANCE is good I am correct.

bedrockbob
02-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Chance,

I am begining to like you more and more as time goes by. We have much in common. We have any differences too and I expect that we would kick up a hell of a dust cloud.

Pecans or field crops? South of Radium or North? I wont mention any names but I will bet you a gram of NYC Diesel that we know each other.

I was raised there too, and we both know it is no country for old men. That is why this old man lived up here now. I knew my luck would run out sooner or later and it did one day. I came out unscathed, but I figured I was pushing my luck. Just not as quick as I used to be but I am still tough, and that brings me to my point...

No one can hurt a really tough guy. They only hurt themselves. That is a truth that I brought back from the abyss and it helped me through. I am doing pretty good now. I am not wearing shackles and all the DASO deputies went home to their families. So far so good. i hope that you can get to some point that you can look back and sya that you are doing good too.

bedrockbob
02-13-2010, 01:16 AM

Mi casa tu casa there Fire! I am very near Santa Fe and I will bet that you will be heading this way more often. Let me know when you are planing a trip and we can spend a few hours. Got the Pecos river fixing to melt and the trails will be clear in April. Trout, elk, deer, bear, turkey and grouse all ready to bust outta those woods. Couple o' hot springs, bunch o' hippy girls naked in the mountain lakes, it's all good here. Right now it is a deep freeze, and it will remian that way for the next 4-6 weeks, but after that it is the most beautiful place on the planet.

[attachment=o237770]

This is a marsh at the foot of Santa Fe Baldy. The peak is about 12.5K and the marsh is sitting at 11K. You just can't take a bad photo up here.

chance942
02-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Chance,

I am begining to like you more and more as time goes by. We have much in common. We have any differences too and I expect that we would kick up a hell of a dust cloud.

Pecans or field crops? South of Radium or North? I wont mention any names but I will bet you a gram of NYC Diesel that we know each other.

I was raised there too, and we both know it is no country for old men. That is why this old man lived up here now. I knew my luck would run out sooner or later and it did one day. I came out unscathed, but I figured I was pushing my luck. Just not as quick as I used to be but I am still tough, and that brings me to my point...

No one can hurt a really tough guy. They only hurt themselves. That is a truth that I brought back from the abyss and it helped me through. I am doing pretty good now. I am not wearing shackles and all the DASO deputies went home to their families. So far so good. i hope that you can get to some point that you can look back and sya that you are doing good too.

Man Bob that is so true about tough men hurting only themselves. South,I graduated Gadsden High. We had 20 full grown pecan trees and 5 acres of Alfalfa. We watered from our ditch that was 300' long,dirt. If I slacked off those dang weeds would be taller than me and still had to be cut of course. You know EBID frowns upon weed filled ditches. I bucked every bale in that field alone many times and did a lot of work for farmers from me to Hatch. If you knew anybody running cattle or horses then I could take that bet,I just don't bet when I haven't my end of the deal. You are damn right it is no country for old men. I haven't ridden rough stock for a couple years now, I NEVER got bucked off but I sure bailed many a time! Horses have and always be a part of my life,forever in my heart. My condition has left me with many bridges burned and I have to deal with that. I hear you on getting out Sir. Most of the time I am afraid to go anywhere because of all of the little punks around here begging for a beat down. The last thing I need is to go to jail again. Thanks for the message Bob. You changed my day,really. Put some in the air for me.

chance942
02-13-2010, 03:37 AM
PARKINSON'S...no cure and I KNOW Mary helps tremendously based on personal experience. Of course severe cases will need help administering but they need help to even eat. I don't know how the DOH could possibly deny this. When I was 18 I lived in Dallas and worked as a Medication Supervisor w/90 residents under my care. There was only one man I didn't give any meds to...a 44yr old mathematician of whom was recognized nationally, before his disease raged, as a genius. On the swing and graveyard shifts I was solely in charge of the whole place. Around 10 or so every night that I was there another man on his scooter would go visit this poor soul and every night the sweet smell of Mary was in the air. I told my staff of 2 CNA's to not even dare harass or say anything to any of the texan managers. I assured scooter man that as long as I was in charge to have no worry,smoke all you want and continue to comfort this man. Both through companionship and the Sweet Leaf. Unless there have been pharms developed in the last ten years that really provide relief they CAN'T say no. Using Micheal J. Fox as an example I'd say that no significant progress has been made. The only thing back then that this man had available to him was St. John's Wort. I really believe that Cannabis was the only thing that gave him any relief. It is terminal and their minds go,to what extent I don't know. All I DO know is that he always welcomed his friend with the scooter,he didn't have to. Someone as advanced as he just looked like a trembling,brain blank zombie but I believe that there was still a person in there and I wasn't alone.

coolslayer
02-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Cluster headaches/Migraine condition.

Come on Sec. Vigil,what's the delay!

chance942
02-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Hell yes to all of the above, lol. Glad to see you 2 get on the same level. In the end, its all about what gets you close to normal, right? Whatever the hell that may be. I seriously can't wait to have a few sessions with some of you fuckers. lol. Make sure you invite the CERTIFIED person from AZ. Him and I need to excuse ourselves before we start,you know,to get the blood pumpin good and really get stoned to tha bone.

bedrockbob
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Excellent input people!

Sec. Vigil is a political animal. Being appointed by our buddy Bill, he does what he is told to do. It is really not as much about a specific condition as it is numbers. They are not going to let too many different conditions get through until the producers get licenced. Too many people griping about no medicine already. It is like a baby growing...his head is a little big now but he will grow up O.K. Once the production problems are worked out and the DOH gets the process all debugged things will get better and they will be willing to admit more conditions.

It is up to the patients to organize and get involved. If the patients would show up at the pettitioning meeting for these hearings and show their faces more THAT would be best idea! Contact the Drug Policy Alliance, volunteer or some darn thing. If nothing else you can sit at your computer and write your senators and representatives once a week.
It all adds up!

The BEST solution for patients access is to grow. Plain and simple. Get self sufficient. Grow your own or get with folks who do and cooperate. This is the future! The idea that we should pay $300 oz for medicine is outrageous. The idea that the Cali or Colo type dispensary will survive here is not realistic either. Patients can and will organize to be self sufficient without public dispensaries or large producers. Patients with limited incomes need access to affordable medicine.

It is so easy to cultivate and growing a garden is so therapeutic that it is a two fer deal. Some people just cant do this or dont have a spot. Well, they should be allowed to join with patients who DO have a spot and cooperate. A community garden is perfect for an isolated community with no access and could even be hosted by the state in some circumstances. There are MANY good possibilities to be explored.

The medical patients in New Mexico are in a unique position. They are helping to write the law that is quickly becoming the model for a nation. I am certain that within the next three years you will be able to use MC for simple back pain or fatigue. There will be growers that will supply the demand for patients that are not growing, and patients will produce a large percentage of their own smoke independantly of producers.

chance942
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Don't forget to keep pounding home much of that 1/2 billion $ they accepted last week for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

coolslayer
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Good post!

Rainie
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely could it be used for menstrual cramps and pms. I suffer for like 3-4 days every month and without my medicine it would be soooooo much worse. I was in a group in oregon called the mercy center or MCRC and I went to their meetings frequently, wonderful group of card holders and sick people like me. I SEEN the effects of medical marijuana truly there. One patient would come to the meetings, (we could medicate there when you sign in and show your card #), and this woman would come in that had parkinsons disease. She would come in shaking badly, and sit in the corner, medicate and her shaking would completely stop and you could SEE her relief. I wish marijuana wouldnt have such a bad rep and have SOOO many haters. My own family is down on it, oh but drinking is just fine to them (rolls eyes).

It helps me to not throw up, helps my pain, my panic attacks and yes my pms and menstrual cramps. great post and wonderful idea !!!

coolslayer
02-17-2010, 02:40 AM
Cool!

bedrockbob
02-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Abso-freakin-lutely could it be used for menstrual cramps and pms. I suffer for like 3-4 days every month and without my medicine it would be soooooo much worse. I was in a group in oregon called the mercy center or MCRC and I went to their meetings frequently, wonderful group of card holders and sick people like me. I SEEN the effects of medical marijuana truly there. One patient would come to the meetings, (we could medicate there when you sign in and show your card #), and this woman would come in that had parkinsons disease. She would come in shaking badly, and sit in the corner, medicate and her shaking would completely stop and you could SEE her relief. I wish marijuana wouldnt have such a bad rep and have SOOO many haters. My own family is down on it, oh but drinking is just fine to them (rolls eyes).

It helps me to not throw up, helps my pain, my panic attacks and yes my pms and menstrual cramps. great post and wonderful idea !!!

Well Ranie, you need toget a dozen women together that feel the same way and lets get it done! It is a perfect condition that could go along way to grow the list of legitimate uses. Like I say it is a difficult thing for a bunch of (mostly) men to discuss. They are all conditioned to automatically cower when the "period" card is played. I think that if the public knew that this was being proposed it would make news as well as get attention. If we timed it with an election just right they would be afraid NOT to approve it. No shit!

coolslayer
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Anything is possible.

firestartersydd
02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Im going out on a limb here, but I propose adding hiccups to the list....nothing cures them faster for me than a quick toke.

coolslayer
02-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Somehow,I don't think hiccups will be approved as a qualifying condition.

firestartersydd
02-19-2010, 03:55 AM
I know, I just use the leaf for everything, lol.

bedrockbob
02-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Im going out on a limb here, but I propose adding hiccups to the list....nothing cures them faster for me than a quick toke.

I hope that slowly the politics change so that could happen. As an adult, you should be able to get a card with a bad back, or a bad knee. Aches and pains. Grumpiness. Gettin' old. Mid life crisis. Menopause. Anyone over 50 should be given a card automatically just for putting up with prohibition this long!

The MC program is great, and marijuana helps a lot of seriously sick people. They should get to use it first. I almost feel blessed to have PTSD, because I can legally smoke!...how fu(ked up is that? I believe that the happy smoke helps a lot of things great and small. To deny its use for simple things is to ignore its most obvious benefits. The seriously ill that swear by it should be able to use it, certainly! Many Thousands of New Mexicans rely on this herb daily for much less serious conditions and still risk arrest.

The herb increases appetite, relaxes you and makes you sleep better, stops dreams, and makes you happy. It masks pain, calms the stomach, and focuses the mind. Anyone that could benefit from any of these effects of the plant should not be denied.

coolslayer
02-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah,but there are two "problems" that keep herb illegal.........it promotes peace and causes tobacco sales to decline.

bedrockbob
02-19-2010, 05:06 AM
Yeah,but there are two "problems" that keep herb illegal.........it promotes peace and causes tobacco sales to decline.

Yeah, there are a lot of obstacles, but fewer and fewer each day. More good reasons for decriminalization and a lot fewer good reasons for prohibition. Times are tough. People are pissed. They cant afford to fight this loosing battle and the movement is growing exponentially from all sides now. Not only smokers are pushing for sensible drug reform. Legalization is part of two party platforms already! Even a law enforcement group (LEAP) is pushing legalization. Our ex-governor Johnson is a viable Tea Party presidential candidate and he will be pro legalization big time.

It is the season for change. We can make it happen!

robertjones2001
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
The advisory board meets twice a year to consider new conditions. The next such meeting is 3-30-2010 in Santa Fe. Petitioning for new conditions is a long process, so someone has to get this idea in to the Board right away. See more information and instructions at
<http://tinyurl.com/new-condition>

bedrockbob
02-20-2010, 11:58 PM
The advisory board meets twice a year to consider new conditions. The next such meeting is 3-30-2010 in Santa Fe. Petitioning for new conditions is a long process, so someone has to get this idea in to the Board right away. See more information and instructions at
<http://tinyurl.com/new-condition>

Sounds like you are the man I have been wanting to talk to Robert!

coolslayer
02-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Cool!

:thumbsup: