PDA

View Full Version : If you need medicine

soppo51
02-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello New Mexico
All of you who need a supply of Meds Please HELP The producers !
Become Board members WE HAVE TO HAVE PATIENTS ON OUR BOARDS!!!!
So please HELP us! There is not a lot of work or time envolved I understand your situation. PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU!

Dave
[email protected]

coolslayer
02-07-2010, 07:22 AM
As long as the Producers offer the appropriate incentives,they shouldn't have much problem signing up MMJ patients for their board(s).

bedrockbob
02-08-2010, 04:21 AM
I wonder why "producers" and "patients" are not the same group. Are there any producers that are groups of patients? Or are the curent producers all simply putting paitents on the board?

I also wonder the powers of the "board". This could mean just about anything and "board members" could be anything from simply figurative to very active in the organization. It would depend on how that organization handled the "board" and what powers they gave them.

All over the state smokers are talking about "opening a dispensary". Just this weekend I met two fellows in Las Cruces that were going down that path. In T or C I know one group is as well. Taos, Tierra Amarilla, Farmington, Roswell, Hobbs. I have met guys in all these towns trying to get patients on their boards.

It seems that with over 1000 patients so far, and figure that number is going to grow to 3000 before the year is out, there will not be that big of customer base for too many more dispensaries. If a dispensary had 4 harvests of 100 plants and the growers reaped a steady 6 ounces per plant, that would be 2400 ounces a year @ 300 per oz....a cool $720,000 bucks if everything goes perfect at $10 a gram. (Do you think my math is correct here and the estimates fair?)

O.K., if each grower can potentially crank out $700,000 of product and there are five growers licenced so far that is 3.5 mil in potential retail volume by the end of 2010. That product serves 3000 patients. Each patient will spend an average of $1166.66 in purchases. This is realistic!

Now double the amount of producers...every licenced user spends $2300 per year. Thats 7.5 ounces a year for each patient and ten producers. Even if each and every patient smoked a full ounce per month and spent $3600 per year on product it would only support about 15 growers. I know my numbers can be argued with but this will give some sort of perspective anyway.

I dont know how many prospective growers are currently in the pipeline, nor how many aspiring growers there are out there. Unless they drastically increase the rate of licensure, dispensaries are not going to be able to increase their numbers very rapidly. I do think that the existing dispensaries will ge the juglging act going and start producing a lot more product more reliably as they get into the groove.

I hear the State was shooting for 1/100 ratio and that would be twice as many producers as this, at about half the production. The bad news is that is only $350,000 per producer in volume...probably not enough to pay the bills!

JohnMonad
02-08-2010, 07:52 AM
BTW a patient can be on more than one board.
The incentive to be on a board at his point in the program is to advance it's progress.
So I advise that we as patients need to help the producers get their three patients to full fill their requirements.

JM

coolslayer
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I doubt that very many patients will want to get a job that pays nothing.

JohnMonad
02-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Cool,
Its not a job. Its a member of a board that meets once or twice a year.
Its about helping.
I know you want the NM Medical Cannabis program to work better.
Here is your chance.

JM

soppo51
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
HI Again
I can see that some do not understand the difference between (For profit and not for profit) The state requires producers to be not for profit. As such, NO one on the board of directors can make money from the Business, Workers can be paid, Board members or directors cant! The state set It up that way. Just the way It is. Board members vote on , And bring ideas to be considered for vote ( Majority rules) Its really not hard and not very time consuming You use common sense and do whats best for the patients and growth of the non profit.

THANKS [email protected]

soppo51
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
HI again 2
I would like to add something to the last post. Yes if you use street pricing it does sound like a gold mine! But I think If you look at the people as patients you would see a different picture, Some can afford to pay and will, But what would you do in the case of say (A cancer patient dieing a horrible painful death could you not get him meds because of his inability to pay) This is what the board does.
THANK YOU [email protected]

soppo51
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
HI
I still need board members! DAVE [email protected]

coolslayer
02-09-2010, 02:16 AM
BTW a patient can be on more than one board.
The incentive to be on a board at his point in the program is to advance it's progress.
So I advise that we as patients need to help the producers get their three patients to full fill their requirements.

JM

Where did the info that patients can be on more than one board come from? I am quite interested.

coolslayer
02-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Cool,
Its not a job. Its a member of a board that meets once or twice a year.
Its about helping.
I know you want the NM Medical Cannabis program to work better.
Here is your chance.

JM

It's still a job,even if its only once or twice a year.

coolslayer
02-09-2010, 02:23 AM
HI Again
I can see that some do not understand the difference between (For profit and not for profit) The state requires producers to be not for profit. As such, NO one on the board of directors can make money from the Business, Workers can be paid, Board members or directors cant! The state set It up that way. Just the way It is. Board members vote on , And bring ideas to be considered for vote ( Majority rules) Its really not hard and not very time consuming You use common sense and do whats best for the patients and growth of the non profit.

THANKS [email protected]

My research idicates that this is not so.Non-profit simply means that a certain amout of the proceeds must be put back into the business.
Patient board members can be compensated for their time and effort.

coolslayer
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
HI
I still need board members! DAVE [email protected]

What are you offering as an incentive?