PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Weed

Inspiration
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
We were in Luxor last year - a quick chat with a Kalesh driver and weed was in our hands within 2 hours of landing... looked terrible when we unwrapped the finger sized paper - but ... whoa!!

You have to make sure you ask for the best stuff, otherwise it comes full of seeds and with some male plant .... but if you get a good Kalesh driver - ask him to be your driver for your stay (does not cost much), he will find you some of the best hash, and most intese rag-weed I have tried.... not quite to the Dutch standard - tastes a bit rough .. but buzzy as hell....

OH .. thats my wifes hand BTW - I am not that dainty!!

GTC21
04-06-2005, 06:01 PM
What's the law like in Egypt for weed? I would imagine it to be strict, is it?

passtotheleft45
04-06-2005, 09:33 PM
hey what is that stuff? doesnt look like weed at all. is it pressed leaves?

let me know

zemcimill
04-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Dood i cant realy see but that looks like some grave yard weed to me u need to get out to Koh Samui in Thailand they have the grade!!!

Bspectral
04-07-2005, 05:50 AM
thats some farout trip to go to Egypt. iv smoked Egyptian hash and it was probably the best hash I ever smoked

Inspiration
04-07-2005, 08:31 AM
So many questions ...lol..

1. Is it pressed weed - yes - it has been very tightly packed, and is dry on the outside, kinda surrounded by whole leaves - when you get into the middle its damper and looks a bit like indica....

2. The law in Egypt varies from place to place - Luxor is a mixed religion town, so it tends to be lax for tourists, and strict for locals - but I would not be afraid of asking any shop owner - most seem to know where ...

3. Egyptian Hash - yeah - there is a little piece in that first pic (just below the weed) - that was quite expensive by Egyptian standards (about $5 for that bit) - but shiiieeet... it was strong ... nice to blend with the weed for using in a pipe too...

The most amazing spliff we had in Egypt was riging along the west bank of the Nile after (stoopidly, cos it was an 8 hour trip) choosing to go to the Valley of the Kings by Kalesh - we went down through some really small villages, where tourists were really rare - and the people there have a whole other way of life - but it was beautiful - 45 degrees centigrade - sugar cane to chew on - children chasing the Kalesh and singing to us (my other half is blonde - and they tend to get a LOT of attention in Egypt) - and the sounds of Marlena Shaw "California Soul" piping through the Kalesh drivers little tape player... lol

And walking around Karnak temple (the last picture below) - while buzzing on weed gives you a whole new perspective on the place.... just phenomenal - almost spiritual...

GTC21
04-07-2005, 02:24 PM
It must have been great getting stoned in Egypt, it's a really mystical place. The 3rd photo is beautiful (I'm NOT saying the other two aren't though LOL!).

Chug350
04-08-2005, 12:06 AM
lol that looks like pressed leaves

Cennar
04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
i like the pic of all that smoke, nice looking weed.

mellow mood
04-08-2005, 10:46 PM
any better pics of the weed? look strange.

ardyhash
04-11-2005, 03:16 AM
never been to egypt, but i just smoked some cali hash and it kicked my ass. hope you had fun

Inspiration
04-11-2005, 03:33 PM
any better pics of the weed? look strange.

Unfortunately I don't have any more pics - but I am off to Luxor again next week for a week - so will try and pick some up and get some detail shots for ya!

:cool:

Inspiration
04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
It must have been great getting stoned in Egypt, it's a really mystical place. The 3rd photo is beautiful (I'm NOT saying the other two aren't though LOL!).

Here are a few more of the places we smoked and became "spiritual".... its hard not to when you are surrounded by amazing structures between 3000 and 6000 years old, built by people with no electric, hydraulic tools......

Anyways ... hope these don't bore ya - but a few more of the pics for your perusal....

GTC21
04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I know, it's amazing how they got the boulders up on the pyramids, they weighed like 2 tons each or something, and how the pyramids line up with the stars.
Great photos, I hope you were stood well back when you photographed that mean looking croc! look at the teeth on it. He's looking as if to say 'mmmmmm, breakfast.
The Egyptians were one of the only history subjects I was interested in at school, I'm gonna have to go there one day.

mellow mood
04-11-2005, 05:30 PM
damn id love so much to travel all around the world. egypt looks great man. hope ur having fun

Inspiration
04-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I know, it's amazing how they got the boulders up on the pyramids, they weighed like 2 tons each or something, and how the pyramids line up with the stars.
Great photos, I hope you were stood well back when you photographed that mean looking croc! look at the teeth on it. He's looking as if to say 'mmmmmm, breakfast.
The Egyptians were one of the only history subjects I was interested in at school, I'm gonna have to go there one day.

That croc is rumoured to be the last on the Nile - the majority have been killed by the damned deisel powered tourist boats (pollution and simply being caught up in props and paddles)...

You have to go to Egypt - if you are gonna go, I would recommend only a short time in Cairo - the whole experience is kinda destroyed there by the grafitti on the Spynx and the KFC you can see from the Pyramids - kinda removes the magical experience - but they are worth seeing.

Luxor is downstream - close to the Valley of the Kings where Ramses moved all the treasures and sarcophagi fearing robbery - he had over 100,000 men do the move and then had the majority killed to maintain the secret - there are hyrohlyphics in the tombs which tell the story in pictures (one below)...

Egypt is the home of many things - from central heating (under floor), engineering (the Pyramids line up with stars, and have been built to exact specifications and angles), and the Vampire stories started in Egypt, not in Bram Stokers imagination!! Ancient tribes and Pharoahs used to drink the blood of their enemies in order to absorb their strength....

Luxor is home to Karnak Temple (amazing), the Valley of the Kings (hot but worth the visit), and some wonderful people - its a slightly confused place, being half Christian and half Moslem - but, with the exception of the hard sell you get in the shops the people are generous and beautiful in nature.

You can get 7 days in Luxor in a 4* hotel for about £250 from the UK - check out the online discount holiday sites..... of course, another way to get there (and the way I first got to Egypt) is to volunteer to work on a dig with a university - you have to cover your flights, and you have to work hard - but its a good way to learn about the history from people obsessed by it!

We had a great time - even going to a locals (Simon) house for hashish and dinner (a couple of stuffed pigeons - probably caught from the roof) - simple but happy people.... if you go, I recommend you find a friendly Kalesh driver, ask to be taken to the Duty Free Shop - right next door is a small shop where Jimmy and Akhmed work - find them, ask them to find Simon, and employ him as your Kalesh driver - tell him Mark and Tam sent you - and call him "Cossanossa" and he will know who you mean - we use him every time we go there, and he is honest, helpful and knows the best places to find the things you need! Pay him a little each night, with a promise to pay a lump before you leave - he will take care of you - and £50 at the end of your trip will make him a VERY happy man - and you probably will not pay for your weed!!

Good luck!!

Damn I write lotsa shit when I am stoned....... can't be good!!

rajking86
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Dood i cant realy see but that looks like some grave yard weed
:D

Man im so baked right now, that comment made my night! Thank you!

Haha