PDA

View Full Version : Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

Inspiration
04-06-2005, 09:52 AM
My (most would say) better half suffers with a rare condition called Ehlers Danlos - it is related to collagen in the body. The doc's pescribe her a number a anti-inflammaroties, painkillers and other artificial shit. Stuff that really does impact the mood, energy levels, and general health of the body - throwing chemical composition out of whack....

When she smokes weed, she has no need of the muscle relaxant (amytryptaline), reduced need for pain-killers (Co-diadromol), and even reduced need to anti-inflamatories (celebrex) ..... now that ain't a bad thing!!

laracroft
10-22-2009, 09:56 PM
My (most would say) better half suffers with a rare condition called Ehlers Danlos - it is related to collagen in the body. The doc's pescribe her a number a anti-inflammaroties, painkillers and other artificial shit. Stuff that really does impact the mood, energy levels, and general health of the body - throwing chemical composition out of whack....

When she smokes weed, she has no need of the muscle relaxant (amytryptaline), reduced need for pain-killers (Co-diadromol), and even reduced need to anti-inflamatories (celebrex) ..... now that ain't a bad thing!!

I also have ehlers danlos syndrome. I also have Chronic pain syndrome and postural tachycardia which also comes with having the ehlers danlos.I use weed on a daily basis to help with my pain etc I would not be able to function without it. I have 2 children both are just about to be tested but it looks like they also have it.

I hope your girlfriend learns to manage her pain. If she ever feels like a chat sometime that would be cool. I do not know anyone else with EDS maybe we can swap remedies lol

[email protected]

kateish
02-04-2011, 02:37 AM
I created an account on this website JUST to respond to this.

I have EDS too. I was diagnosed in 5th grade when my kneecap dislocated for the very first time when I tripped over a pillow. I'm much older now (21), but EDS is still a significant part of my life. My kneecaps still reguraly dislocate. I also have poor posture because of neck and back pain. I experience more pain than just in my neck and back. My ribs frequently subluxate, and it's EXCRUTIATING when this happens.

Marijuana is pretty much my savoir. I take ibuprofen and tylenol a lot. I have to take percocet when my ribs act up. Smoking weed is really relaxing for me. I'm pretty much in pain 24/7 and it does the most to relieve it without any harmful side effects.

I live in the South, though, and there's a lot of stereotypes and assumptions people have and make about weed smokers, so I have to keep it very hush-hush and sealed within my inner cirlce of friends. Additionally, I have to get my weed illegally and take a risk every day for it when I shouldn't have to. I'm in the process of applying to law schools and if I were caught and convicted, I wouldn't be likely to get a license to practice when I graduate. It's that serious. I have to risk my future that I've worked so hard for every day because it's illegal and these stupid "get tough on crime" policies make it so much worse. It's also dangerous going through untrustworthy drug dealers.

Sorry about all the negativity! I am generally a happy person as long as I have my weed, haha!

But it's nice to hear about people in similar situations as my own, so I thought I'd share my situation too. :)

Dutch Pimp
02-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Damn!...that's Catch 22...kateish

Freakears
02-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Medicinal awareness needs to go national.

The more I learn about the therapeutic qualities of this herb the more absurd prohibition looks. I imagine that would be true for anyone.

XBelial
07-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Hmm, just like kateish, I signed up here just to reply to this thread :think:

kateish, excellent post. I'm in the same situation now, but I have Hyper Mobility Syndrome instead of EDS. The chronic pain is horrible in my knees, lower back, hips, hands/wrists, and elbows. And like you the only thing I have found that works and doesn't make me sick is Cannabis Indica. With HMS, I have a high tolerance to pain medication, and the only thing that ever even remotely worked was Percocet, which makes me sick to my stomach and leaves me feeling horrible for days. And I also have flat feet (which is not uncommon with HMS), so my knees, back, and hips are the worst, and I can't get out of bed some mornings. Imagine being an auto mechanic like myself and having to deal with this every day. Indica strains are a godsend! Smoke at night before bed, it alleviates the pain and stiffness, and also helps me to sleep through the pain and stiffness, and I actually wake up in the morning feeling much better. I can't take tylenol/advil/aleve, etc. It doesn't do any good, and if I want to get any sort of relief from using it, I have to take 3x the recommended dose, which is murder on your liver and stomach.

I was diagnosed in my knees around the same time as you as well. When its possible to grab onto your knee cap and pull it up half an inch from your knee, as well as bend your knees almost completely backwards.... :eek:

And like you, I am in school trying to get my degree in environmental science with a minor in criminal justice, so I can become a park ranger or forest warden. But unfortunately I am now facing possession charges :( I will wish you best of luck though in your endeavor, and say be very careful. My degree and consequently my life are in jeopardy now, all over an 1/8 of an ounce of cannabis that is the only thing that works for me medicinally.

Me thinks its high time (no pun intended) for those of us medicinal smokers to finally band together and work towards federal legalization for medical purposes :(