PDA

View Full Version : need more help

bigbudsmoker2k4
03-25-2004, 06:56 PM
i planted them seeds i was going on about in a couple of my other messages
and.that was three days ago the soil has bin dryin very quick have to water 2or3 times a day and still no sign of appearance above soil my question is would it be safe or sorry to put a bit of miracle grow in before the plant has even come above the surface and how close should i have a hps light 400w

Disco
03-25-2004, 11:07 PM
You should put your seeds in some wet cottonwool or some tissue paper in a warm dark place til you see them sprout and then plant em in the soil with the shoot facing down and the shell just a couple off millermeters under the surface. Put em back in te dark warm place till they break the surface and then place em under your light ( a couple of flouresants will be fine untill they have some three fingered leaves).
It is a waste of time using a powerfull light for seedlings when they have no leaves to photosynthasise , seedlings think cool white flouresants are great.

If i were you i would gently move away the soil to see if they have sprouted if they have leave em alone and just put em in the dark till they surface.

KanMan
03-26-2004, 05:00 AM
i planted them seeds i was going on about in a couple of my other messages
and.that was three days ago the soil has bin dryin very quick have to water 2or3 times a day and still no sign of appearance above soil my question is would it be safe or sorry to put a bit of miracle grow in before the plant has even come above the surface and how close should i have a hps light 400w

Give them more time to germinate and sprout. Disturbing them will only slow them down or even kill the seed/seedling. A simple rule of thumb for the light is if it is too hot to hold your hand right above the seedling/plant for more then a few minutes it is to hot for the seedling/plant. Try to keep the temperature around the seedling/plant around 78 to 82 degrees. With CO2 enriched environment it can be as high as 90 to 95 degrees.

Good Growing!