PDA

View Full Version : ? please help about ez clone...

gzbarry
04-04-2005, 03:38 AM
i just got an ez-clone-120,

but its already 3 days, and i didnt see anything change at the bottom except little bit brown outside and little bit white inside at the bottom of the cutting point. and the gel stick on the cutting point seems lost by the spray.
is that fine ? i am so worried.....sad.... :confused:

Zandor
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
It will take 5 to 7 day's for roots to start showing. It starts out like little bumps then the roots will sprout.

Are you using any nutrients mix? A low mix about 200 ppm is suggested as well as some B1.
For a 5-gallon mix of RO water with General Hydroponics 3 part mix. I use 12-ml grow 12-ml bloom 12-ml micro for every 5-gallon of water plus 10-ml B1 & 10-ml of calmag plus.

Donâ??t worry about the jell you can reapply it but it will wash off at some point anyway and leave behind a film of nutrients.

Zandor
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Did you get the anti-wilt spray? It works better then a dome to keep the clones from drying out from the light. This is the only time I use fluorescent light. It's perfect for clones because the light does not heat up the inside of the leaf and dry it out like Mh does.

gzbarry
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
anti-wilt spray ? do u mean the spray for the roots? or for the leaves ?
i just have the spray for the roots
thanks

Zandor
04-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Anti-spray wilt is for the stock and leaves. It's cheep I just soak the whole plant in it like a dip and no dome. Success rate is very high. The root hormone is for the stem that hanges in the air and gets sprayed.

It's not required it raises your success rate and works is all. you can use a dome in place is the spray.

What lighting are you using?

gzbarry
04-05-2005, 02:36 AM
i am using flourescent light as the manual says. now day 4 and nothing change... do i need to refill the gel on the cutting point ?

Zandor
04-05-2005, 05:25 PM
You don't need to. (If it makes you feel better then it would not hurt.) Fluorescent is perfect lighting keep it close so they donâ??t need to stretch to reach the light, just give it some more time. Different strains clone faster then others do and some even donâ??t clone well at all. That's why I use the Anti-wilt it really does keep the plants green longer and keeps them alive long enough for them to root. Like I said before give it up to 2 weeks before you see good roots. Keep an eye on the stocks above the plug and below the plug. A sign of a clone gone bad is visible there first, like dark color, change in texture in the middle of a stock, wilting ect. I have used one for a few years now and I have never seen a root appear in less then 6 days. I keep them in my cloner for a minimum of 14 dayâ??s just as a rule and up to 30 days max. By then the roots are several feet long and they have grown almost a foot but I had no choice that time. Just so you know it does work.

goldbud
04-15-2005, 04:22 AM
i use the easy clone 120 also it takes at least one week before you will see anything and sometimes it takes 3 to 4 weeks for roots