PDA

View Full Version : Edibles

diamante73
12-01-2009, 12:14 AM
First post. Newly registered here.

I went to Green Medicals off of 104th and Washington last week to obtain my doc recommendation. It was what it was, but the dispensary they had was not super impressive.

I'm wondering about edibles. I've got asthma, and can't really smoke. When funds allow, I'd like to purchase a good vaporizer. Meanwhile, its mainly edibles. The best luck I had was from a guy/place called myhigh treats. I got 5 chocolate chip cookies. Each was in its own vacuum sealed package. Out of the five one really worked, one was so so, and the other three had no effect on me at all.

Any ideas on higher quality, more uniform edibles?

justinsane33
12-01-2009, 01:58 AM
one brown mouse in nederland has amazing edibles. the strongest i've found anywhere. really cheap too. puts my caregiver's pricing to shame. though that's not to say somewhere else might not be good too. you could also try tincture. it's a liquid form that you take with a dropper. c3 has the best tinctures in my opinion. they even have a separate much stronger version for night time.

Dietblonde
12-01-2009, 02:39 AM
I've had trouble locating reliable edibles ever since I started going to dispensaries. The Healing House and Herbal Connections had some good ones on hand, though. The best luck I've had was buying Cannabutter (one serving cup = $20 + tax) at C3Initiatives, which worked quite well. I've heard their tinctures are very good as well. However, their reputation has suffered some damage around here lately.

Kartel
12-01-2009, 04:32 AM

I went to Green Medicals off of 104th and Washington last week to obtain my doc recommendation. It was what it was, but the dispensary they had was not super impressive.

I'm wondering about edibles. I've got asthma, and can't really smoke. When funds allow, I'd like to purchase a good vaporizer. Meanwhile, its mainly edibles. The best luck I had was from a guy/place called myhigh treats. I got 5 chocolate chip cookies. Each was in its own vacuum sealed package. Out of the five one really worked, one was so so, and the other three had no effect on me at all.

I make edibles all the time. I can't seem to get the effect uniform, no matter how well the kif is dissolved in the oil/butter/shortening or the type of edible. It seems more to depend on how I'm feeling than how much is consumed.

neversummer
12-01-2009, 07:51 AM
You guys should try Nancy B's edibles. They are super tasty, all organic, and will definitely medicate you. They have a green sticker on them and are vaccum sealed in their own nice packaging with all the ingredients and dosage information on them. I got mine at Lotus, but they also have them at Highland Health. The lemon bars have 1.5 grams in them and taste super good. They have granola bars, peanut butter cups, macaroons, cookies, and all kinds of ridiculous treats. so tasty and made from the best medicine you have ever seen.

stuartambient
12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
here is something i don't understand . I recently purchased some edibles. Few had effect, some did not. I think eating them on an empty stomach is way better. However, one of my selections was a lollipop , containing 1 gram. Yet the pop was $7. I'm guess the weed is inferior or perhaps a combination of leaf as well ?

Stuart

copobo
12-01-2009, 09:29 PM
eat on an empty stomach and 45-1hr before you eat, especially not after something greasy.

for me, eat the treat at 5:30.
dinner at 6:30, kicks in at 7, down for bed at 10.

get the spinning hippy girl cheesecakes!!!!! they never disappoint.

ColoradoBaker
12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
One Brown Mouse carries my edibles. Vacuum packed and I promise they will work for you. Try half of one of Deez edibles and guage from there. I promise they won't disappoint.Home (http://deezwakenbakery.com/). Let us know what you think...D

diamante73
12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank you all for the replies! This forum is amazing. I'll be up at One Brown Mouse Friday afternoon. I'm anxious to try the meds and I'll post my results.

rob25san
12-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Question about green medical. Do you have their contact number or did they go out of buinsess? I went there and it was just a big empty room when I looked in. Is that what it looks like when your inside? Any tips would be great. it was closed at 230pm and it looked vacant from the exterior entrance looking in.

Weekend
12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
You guys should try Nancy B's edibles. They are super tasty, all organic, and will definitely medicate you. They have a green sticker on them and are vaccum sealed in their own nice packaging with all the ingredients and dosage information on them. I got mine at Lotus, but they also have them at Highland Health. The lemon bars have 1.5 grams in them and taste super good. They have granola bars, peanut butter cups, macaroons, cookies, and all kinds of ridiculous treats. so tasty and made from the best medicine you have ever seen.

did you try the tootsies at lotus?...those thing make you say wow