PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new person looking for job info in MMJ

GreenAlice
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Hello!

I couldn't think of a very clever title, sadly I'm bad with names. Are there any wellness centers in Colorado that are looking for help? I have 16 months till I graduate from school for a Bachelors in C.M.A, I've seen job offers online for help at dispensaries and haven't gotten called back on any of them sadly. There isn't really any information on the requirements for one has to have in order to help out in the MMJ environment. Do I have to have the C.M.A first to even be considered or does that not make a difference?

I know some places you have to have an MMJ license which I do not have yet. Other clinics have to make sure you're certified first, however there are clinics that are not with the MMJ that accept students close to graduation or those just looking for small clerical jobs. Any info would be most welcome :hippy:

Dietblonde
11-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Most dispensaries only hire the friends/family they can trust, for obvious reasons. Its incredibly difficult to get a job in the industry right now. I kinda quit trying and instead have focused on how to be as knowledgeable about MMJ/growing as possible for when marijuana is legal and the industry booms.

However, I do post non-physician jobs off Craiglist onto my blog when I come across them. Check em out here:
The Denver Chronicle: Jobs (http://denverchronicle.blogspot.com/search/label/Jobs)

Good luck!

Dietblonde
11-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Wait, what the hell is a CMA?

GreenAlice
11-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I kind of figured as much but I didn't want to think that until I got all the information first. I'd like to continue trying, and hopefully when it becomes legal-work at a clinic!

Thanks for the information I'll check out you r site soon :)

Edit: C.M.A Certified medical assistan t. Like a C.N.A but a broader scope I believe.