PDA

View Full Version : Get involved! best strain/dispesary real important?

pilgrim13
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
:(So the city council in ANY city can change the legal definition of caregiver and people are more interested in "what the best bud you ever had dude?" talk about perpetuating a pothead stereotype. Your legal rights are being stolen and where has the best meds generates more interest, WOW.

Dietblonde
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Calm down. This forum gives total strangers a chance to communicate with each other, share resources and ideas, and to discuss what's on our minds. The discussion has room for both important and frivolous topics. There are other areas of the internet where one can go to be politically involved.

Don't judge. Many of us here are activists and involved in our communities. We're not concerned that we're furthering pothead stereotypes here because its unlikely that many non-stoners wander into this forum.

There is a statewide battle going on in regards to mmj, but things are moving in the right direction. Get involved in your community.

justinsane33
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
i care almost not at all WHERE i get the stuff as long as it's legal for me to get it and strong enough to suit my needs. i'm not a caregiver and i don't live in that city. the system as it's set up now will evolve to a possibly unrecognizable structure by the time all is said and done. change it back and forth for all i care. i just want to know where to find a good sativa.

pilgrim13
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
The point is where you live can change the regs anytime! so continue to not care, right up untill you can`t get any legal sativa good or shid unless you grow it yourself.

justinsane33
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
one city can't change the state constitution. the first time anyone challenges it they'll change it back. it's just a kneejerk reaction from some old conservatives that are quickly seeing their right wing world turned upside down.

pilgrim13
11-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Kinda like NORML`s style huh: don`t do anything till after the arressts and peoples lives are screwed, then we can straighten things out, maybe. Kneejerk reactions by old conservatives have caused shitloads of people jail time.

Dietblonde
11-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe provide the people of this forum some resources or ideas of your own that will help people to get involved instead of just chastising us. Don't dismiss the often unseen hard work being done by the people on this forum just because we like to discuss other things that don't involve heavier subject matter.

They can take away our dispensaries, but marijuana ain't going anywhere. Its been around a lot longer than you or I and there'll always be a black market. But call MPP, SAFER, or Sensible Colorado and ask them what direction the plight of MMJ is going. Progress is made everyday regardless if some tiny town like Trinidad puts a ban on dispensaries. Gotta take the wins and losses in stride. By the way, Barney Frank's bill will certainly pass by 2012.

Make a donation or volunteer. Call your representatives and city officials like the rest of us have. Start a website. Then smoke a bowl and chill out.

pilgrim13
11-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I am not chastising you folks, I was looking for some answers. I have contacted NORML and sensable colorado and no replies. It just seems that there is a total lack of concern about this. It isn`t about dispensaries. The city governments are declairing that a caregiver CANNOT grow 6 plants for a patient! I was just trying to get the word out about this but no one seems to care. Kinda seems its just ignored and it is starting to spread, there is a city council meeting in Ft. Collins tonight and they are thinking about the same actions as happened in greeley.

davo420
11-18-2009, 12:53 AM
The OG Kush from BCC is by far my favorite!!:rasta:

;)

copobo
11-18-2009, 03:13 AM
pilgrim13 - where did you hear this?

the only thing I can find is Greeley passed a 90 day moratorium on dispensary apps.Is it up for a vote or voted on? Please link to something. Greeley can't change the rules on caregivers, but dispensaries seem to take a hit by zoning.

I'm surprised Greeley isn't figuring out a good way to make this part of the farming tradition there. They could sure use a boost, and MMJ is an inevitable economic force. There are lots of ways different places could fill different niches which would be a boon to local economies..

back on track here - where did you see that Greeley was going to limit caregivers?

Dietblonde
11-18-2009, 03:27 AM
"Durango, Englewood, Grand Junction, Monument, Louisville, Lafayette, Trinidad and Silverthorne have enacted moratoriums. Castle Rock's City Council placed an outright ban, saying marijuana's use and sale remain illegal under federal law. Superior and Broomfield said the same for their bans."

-I know there's more towns who have enacted moratoriums or bans, but I can't recall any right now.

Fort Collins will vote tonight (half way down page):
Aurora puts 6-month moratorium on medical-marijuana dispensaries - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13804675)

Greeley (near end of article):
The Denver Chronicle: Fort Collins to Consider Medical Marijuana Moratorium (http://denverchronicle.blogspot.com/2009/11/fort-collins-to-consider-medical.html)

pilgrim13
11-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi a handout from the city of greeley at the dispesary in Garden city, the pdf I have of it is to large to post on here. I knew they could ban dispensaries but the caregiver thing was a schocker. I can send the letter thru email [email protected]

pilgrim13
11-19-2009, 01:04 AM
pilgrim13 - where did you hear this?

the only thing I can find is Greeley passed a 90 day moratorium on dispensary apps.Is it up for a vote or voted on? Please link to something. Greeley can't change the rules on caregivers, but dispensaries seem to take a hit by zoning.

I'm surprised Greeley isn't figuring out a good way to make this part of the farming tradition there. They could sure use a boost, and MMJ is an inevitable economic force. There are lots of ways different places could fill different niches which would be a boon to local economies..

back on track here - where did you see that Greeley was going to limit caregivers?

Hi, Here is the letter, sorry about the delay.