PDA

View Full Version : State Senator to propose closing dispensaries instead use state + pharmicists

copobo
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
State senator wants more control of medical cannabis (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=126605&catid=339)

how bad would THAT be!?

What is all the Mexican Cartel crap? the only bud I've seen in any CO dispensaries is Colorado grown, local stuff. I've not seen any Mexican herb since I stopped buying on the street! This Senator needs to be educated!

(snippet below , for entire article see the link)

GLENWOOD SPRINGS (AP) - A Colorado legislator says he will propose a bill to regulate Colorado's medical marijuana industry by cutting out individual distributors and creating a state monopoly.
Advertisement

State Sen. Al White said the state's failure to regulate the industry has raised concerns that illicit drug cartels are using local dispensaries as quasi-legal outlets for black market marijuana.

"There are also concerns that the drug is being handed out liberally to many who don't really qualify," the Republican from Hayden said.

stuartambient
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
oh well, we let gov tell us years ago pot was bad . Ya know the history (DuPont, Hearst, etc ) Nixon cemented it. Now the states are desperate and broke (so many states BROKE) so they will try to take over whereever and whatever they can.

palerider7777
11-09-2009, 10:14 PM
funny i said this in other posts what was going to happen and everyone laughed and acted as if i was a dumb fuck so live and learn i guess.i said b4 mark my words,you will see what will happen.obama tells feds to back off and im betting on the low the state was told to go to town.but what do i know nothing will happen.all the whiners they know who they are,they are the ones that will help the state along.then they will see where that gets them....im done.:cool:

copobo
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
yea, we'll see. the only thing we can really do is be involved here locally. The more of us there are, and the more of us speak up, the better things can get.

I am amazed at the great work done to bring us so far in such a short time.

it does seem like people get worked up on this board sometimes, and I just don't get it. there's no sense in taking any of this stuff personally.

imo, The Senator is just having a wet dream, because part of Amendment 20 allows us to grow and sell to other mmj patients.

stuartambient
11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
funny i said this in other posts what was going to happen and everyone laughed and acted as if i was a dumb fuck so live and learn i guess.i said b4 mark my words,you will see what will happen.obama tells feds to back off and im betting on the low the state was told to go to town.but what do i know nothing will happen.all the whiners they know who they are,they are the ones that will help the state along.then they will see where that gets them....im done.:cool:

The states are broke and busted. They are dependent on the federal gov and will attempt to get funds wherever they can , whether tax increases or over involvement in the mmj industry.

palerider7777
11-10-2009, 02:41 AM
The states are broke and busted. They are dependent on the federal gov and will attempt to get funds wherever they can , whether tax increases or over involvement in the mmj industry.

well as it sits now they are making a ton off of mmj as it is now.with all the shops.the money thing is just an excuess to ask for more control thats it.also the illegal part of it still brings in a shit load to the state so they have it wrapped up money wise...

imoutclimbing
11-10-2009, 04:42 AM
This one may sound bad (even creepy), but it will probably fade into some chapter in the book of stupid ideas shortly.

The short of it... Marijuana (anything) is still a federal crime. While this might sound like a nifty idea to some politicians (and some voters), any public organization (City of Ophir, State of Colorado, etc...) is going to have a very hard time with this in the end. Right now the fed may or may not leave medical marijuana alone... (they're just soooo good at doing what they say...lol) But what happens the next time a conservative admin gets the white house? Do you think that ANY public organization wants to imagine those crosshairs?

Secondly, the risk-assessment people will always be going nuts, many constituents may not want such organizations to be involved in such ventures, and that's just the beginning of the 'local' issues...

Finally (but probably not), it the simple fact that governments are not set up to engage in business, but rather to create a level playing field for private businesses to operate within. Does anyone remember state liquor stores?

Now to MY bitch... What we really need to be watching is when this greedy clueless politician's term is up and then help his area get rid of such a thoughtless clod!!!

imoutclimbing
11-10-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm not sure the Senator in question understands the system he's making recommendations for...

I'm not a pharmacist, but I would doubt that you'll find a licensed one wanting to deal with raw marijuana. Raw marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. That means it is BANNED FOR ALL USES, and has no medical value (according to the fed).

When a pharmacist deals with a 'perscription', they are using a 'federal authorization' to dispense federally-approved medications. As such, the term perscription is incompatible with raw marijuana. And if raw marijuana is a controlled substance that cannot be perscribed, it is out of the realm of pharmacists.

Funny thing is... Under federal law, Marinol (synthetic THC) is a Schedule III drug, making its use less restrictive than Vicodin or even Ritalin, the attention-deficit drug. Marijuana, like heroin, is a Schedule I drug, meaning the U.S. Food and Drug Administration bans it for any use.

Hmmmm... But.... I thought pot had no medical value??? LOL!!!