PDA

View Full Version : NUBE to the MMJ program with many questions

BigMacCOMMJ
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm going to be applying for my permit this week and surprisingly I can't find out much information about assigning a care-giver. I have a few questions about this part of the process and hope to get some answers if you have them.

1. Can I change Caregivers anytime after I submit my application and registration fee?

2. Can I purchase from any dispensary or am I required to only purchase from the named Caregiver?

3. How much should I expect a Caregiver to give me off of each of my plants monthly and should it be free?

4. Are there any places to purchase a Vaporizer at a very low discounted price? (Caregiver or online ordering)

I think these are the questions I have for now. Thank you in advance. Now for some informative reading on the forums.....

Dietblonde
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
1) Yes. Make sure you have the proper paperwork, though.

2) Yes, you may purchase from any dispensary.

3) Some places off free eighths every month or discounts off or a membership price. First, find a place that cares about your health and who sells top shelf at reasonable prices. My caregiver sells bud that I love for $280/oz. I wouldn't expect freebies, but they exist, especially if you have a very serious condition.

4) You can find vaporizers at head shops and some dispensaries. Sometimes the markup is outrageous, but some places sell them at cost. There are so many different types of vaporizers to choose from. I've read many different reviews and the only conclusion that I could draw is that the Volcano types are the best way to go, but are the most expensive. Prices are finally coming down, but expect to pay at least a couple hundred dollars for a generic one. I'm sure you could find one on ebay or craiglist for a reasonable price. You can try one out for yourself if you'd like at the Healing House.

justinsane33
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
not sure if you need another opinion but...
1)you can change anytime if you submit the paperwork without even telling the caregiver. though it's nice since he'll be growing more than he's legally allowed

2)i use a private caregiver and still regularly go to dispensaries. they're usually just way more expensive

3)my caregiver sells me as much as i want whenever i want it because he always has enough. i've seen a couple ads for free bud but i don't believe any of that. if you have a cool caregiver and a serious condition you might get some for free occasionally but i wouldn't base my selection on that cuz it's not likely to happen.

4)dietblonde was basically right on with the vaporizers. it's by far the best thing to use which is why they're all so expensive. i bought a handheld iolite and it's pretty awesome. just needs refilling. the only place to buy one cheap would be craigslist or ebay and i actually looked without success recently on craigslist.

one last thing. be sure the place you're getting your card has a good price. AFTER i got mine i noticed how easy it really is and how varied the prices can be. i've seen some people pay 120 and others 300. when you really want the card it doesn't seem so bad but you can use that extra money to start off on your wonderful new life.