PDA

View Full Version : Propation officer came into house last week!!! HELP!!!!!

coolboarder368
11-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Alright so here is my current situation. I live in Colorado (Boulder) and have my marijuana recommendation. last week on Saturday a Federal Probation Officer came to my home because my roommate apparently was on felony probation for getting caught with marijuana in a federal park. My roommate was stupid enough to let the man into my home and when the man walked upstairs he noticed my two plants growing upstairs (luckily didnt see the 13 growing downstairs) and asked my roommate if we had our medicinal marijuana cards. My roommate told him he didnt but I did and the man left soon after. Well it will be a week tomorrow and I have yet to be raided or have any problems but I'm wondering what could happen or may happen and what to expect in the future. I moved everything to a different home but left the rooms as they are. Please help me get myself together. I officially sent in all my med info to the state 2 days ago to make it official but still have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. Some light would do me well!

senorx12562
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Alright so here is my current situation. I live in Colorado (Boulder) and have my marijuana recommendation. last week on Saturday a Federal Probation Officer came to my home because my roommate apparently was on felony probation for getting caught with marijuana in a federal park. My roommate was stupid enough to let the man into my home and when the man walked upstairs he noticed my two plants growing upstairs (luckily didnt see the 13 growing downstairs) and asked my roommate if we had our medicinal marijuana cards. My roommate told him he didnt but I did and the man left soon after. Well it will be a week tomorrow and I have yet to be raided or have any problems but I'm wondering what could happen or may happen and what to expect in the future. I moved everything to a different home but left the rooms as they are. Please help me get myself together. I officially sent in all my med info to the state 2 days ago to make it official but still have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. Some light would do me well!
Whether you've got a problem or not depends completely on the officer's discretion. If you didn't have a Doc's recommendation at the time the plants were seen, you were not legal. Later obtaining it does not help. If you had your Doc's rec., but just hadn't sent in your application yet, you could assert the medical use affirmative defense were you to be charged in state court. Since this guy was a Fed, none of that would matter if they were to decide to charge you in Federal court anyway. However, given the fact that it was only 2 plants, and the indication that you were a patient might be enough to get him to not inquire as to your status with the CDPHE, or he might find out you are not actually legal, and still blow it off because it isn't worth the effort. You have no control now. Your roommate is obviously an idiot though, living with someone growing pot while under Federal supervision.