PDA

View Full Version : Hydro/Bubbler question

NwoodE
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
My current crop is 4 1-2 week seedlings in 5gal. bubble buckets. Seedlings are HighGradeSeeds mix pack.

I plan on adding 2 (other grow female) clones to this setup once they root.

I vegged them under 80wt floros 1-1.5 weeks.

I just put the eldest seedling under 300watts hps at a distance of 3 ft.

They are in pure hydroton.

Grow solution is Ionic grow at an end PH of 6.5-7

My question is, and I burning my one bubbler putting it under HPS so early? I had no visual evidance of extended or protrouding roots. I am going 24-7 since speed is a necessity. Leaves have slight hues of yellow. Nothing perdominate.

Any recommendations before I put the rest in the Grow chamber?

Thanks again.

Zandor
04-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Drop your Ph down to 5.2 - 6.0 for Hydroponics and monitor the temperature under the light at the top of your plants. Try to maintain 78f for optimal growth. Have a small fan circulating air around and change the nutrients every 10 day's

NwoodE
04-03-2005, 12:02 AM
temperature is right on the money. have the fan. and a complete change every 10 this young? Cant i just add water at early stage?

Also, to change PH, should I add more grow to lower or just PH down.

kuri
04-03-2005, 03:08 AM
yes i agree on changing the nutes every 10 days. sometimes you will see things and feel like you should do it sooner, it is definately a "feel" thing you'll get over time.

as for adjusting the PH, i would do the PH down rather than adding more grow as that can burn your plants and mess up the whole process. i don't think they are ready for more parts per million with more grow nutes.

NwoodE
04-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies.

One more thing, I want to use my 4 (40w) flouresences for veg+flower. What is the best way to use those in addition my my 2 150w HPS.

Vertical?

KanMan
04-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I flush and change hydro nutrients every 7 days (once a week). PH 5.6 to 5.8.

Good Kannabis Growing!

Zandor
04-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.

One more thing, I want to use my 4 (40w) flouresences for veg+flower. What is the best way to use those in addition my my 2 150w HPS.

Vertical?

Use the fluorescents as side light on each side of you can. It will increase production of the lower parts of the plant.