PDA

View Full Version : new to this

hewhorulesall
10-27-2009, 05:14 AM
hi everyone im new to this site and am in need of some helpful information on medical marijuana and any ifo will be greatly appreciated.ive read a little about it and have smoke recreationally in the past but heres why im here:

in 2003 i broke 4 major bones in my foot and have had bad pain everyday since,took 9 months in a cast and lots of rehab to be able to walk again but soon after i was so to say healed lost my health insurance and have not been to a doctor since for it.i usually take ibuprofin for the pain or when i can i buy pot from friends which helps immensley.and earlier this year i was in an atv accident and completly to my pcl in my right knee and struggle every day with pain and trying to walk but again no health insurance so i do what i can and try to deal with the pain,i also have lower back pain from 2 car accidents(never went to the doctor),all over body pain for playing rough whein i was a kid and occasional migranes.

now from my own experience pot helps a great deal when i can get it to help lower my overall pain levels(pain killers make me sick and dont want to get dependant on them)and am in need of any info on if i can qualify,where to go and what to do to get it subscribed to me(websites personal info anything).and with obama telling the feds to back off it sounds like a good option for me.any and all help is welcomed as im in need of it,thanks again.

senorx12562
10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
hi everyone im new to this site and am in need of some helpful information on medical marijuana and any ifo will be greatly appreciated.ive read a little about it and have smoke recreationally in the past but heres why im here:

in 2003 i broke 4 major bones in my foot and have had bad pain everyday since,took 9 months in a cast and lots of rehab to be able to walk again but soon after i was so to say healed lost my health insurance and have not been to a doctor since for it.i usually take ibuprofin for the pain or when i can i buy pot from friends which helps immensley.and earlier this year i was in an atv accident and completly to my pcl in my right knee and struggle every day with pain and trying to walk but again no health insurance so i do what i can and try to deal with the pain,i also have lower back pain from 2 car accidents(never went to the doctor),all over body pain for playing rough whein i was a kid and occasional migranes.

now from my own experience pot helps a great deal when i can get it to help lower my overall pain levels(pain killers make me sick and dont want to get dependant on them)and am in need of any info on if i can qualify,where to go and what to do to get it subscribed to me(websites personal info anything).and with obama telling the feds to back off it sounds like a good option for me.any and all help is welcomed as im in need of it,thanks again.
I know a lot of people who have received their Doc's recommendation to treat one ailment not as severe as a couple of yours. The necessary language is something like "...a debilitating ailment causing severe pain." If you look in Westword you will see a ton of ads for cannabis-friendly Docs, but I think the cost will be $100-300, typically higher the less documentation you have from a previous physician. There also will be a bunch of ads for dispensaries, some of which may help you with the cost of the doc's exam in exchange for your designation of them as your caregiver, some of those actually making you sign a contract agreeing not to change that designation for a set period of time. The enforceability of such a provision is doubtful under State law, but the moral implications of agreeing to something with no intent to perform I leave up to you. I would personally never sign away my growing rights unless I was certain I never wanted to grow, and I was designating a caregiver who I really trusted, preferably a friend who was growing and would give you a price break in exchange for said designation. If you have any other questions, post them here and I'll try to help.

hewhorulesall
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
thank you for your help i will look into the ads and see what i can come up with to find a doc to help,as for the dispensiaries we have one fighting in the city i live in and the next closest are 30 to 40 miles away.i wouldnt give up the right to grow as i have the knowledge and experience to do it as do alot of ppl i know.i just needed to be pointed in the right direction and looks like u got me there.

so i guess the next steps would be to find a doc in my area set up a visit and they will know what to do from there????

senorx12562
10-27-2009, 07:52 PM
thank you for your help i will look into the ads and see what i can come up with to find a doc to help,as for the dispensiaries we have one fighting in the city i live in and the next closest are 30 to 40 miles away.i wouldnt give up the right to grow as i have the knowledge and experience to do it as do alot of ppl i know.i just needed to be pointed in the right direction and looks like u got me there.

so i guess the next steps would be to find a doc in my area set up a visit and they will know what to do from there????
You should go to the website of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and get the forms and get very familiar with same, then print out the MMJ amendment and the Department's rules re same and memorize the damn things, as any consequences from not knowing them will be suffered by you. Educate yourself. Then if you have more questions, post.

hewhorulesall
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
ok i will look at the ammendments and colo website,, i also found a dispensiary that is about a 5 min. drive from my house and looked at their site(not much info)but said to call and they will help give a walk through of the process and can setup dr. appointments