PDA

View Full Version : Is it Legal to grow for medical purposes???

plummygirl
10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
So I am very new to this scene and after doing some reading am slightly confused. I have read you can grow in CO for medical purposes but that it is still illegal as far as the federal government is concerned so ultimately you could be prosecuted? Can someone help me out with this please? My husband works for the government so he is worried that even if I grow for medical purposes that he could potentially lose his job since he is employed by the feds. Can someone guide me here? :wtf:

senorx12562
10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
So I am very new to this scene and after doing some reading am slightly confused. I have read you can grow in CO for medical purposes but that it is still illegal as far as the federal government is concerned so ultimately you could be prosecuted? Can someone help me out with this please? My husband works for the government so he is worried that even if I grow for medical purposes that he could potentially lose his job since he is employed by the feds. Can someone guide me here? :wtf:
What you say is true, as far as it goes. The State rules do not change the Federal laws at all. As a practical matter though, the Obama admin. has decided as a matter of policy not to search out for prosecution mmj patients who are complying with state law. Each patient can grow up to 6 plants (3 in veg, 3 flowering at any given time) and possess up to 2 oz. of "...usable " mj. I think you can actually possess legally that same amount of hashish, which is kind of weird if you think about it. As to whether hubby could lose his job, while I suppose that is possible, someone at his job would have to find out. This points out the one thing that hasn't changed about growing regardless of the state of the law, TELL NO ONE!