PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Chronicle

Dietblonde
10-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone...sorry to spam up these boards but I wanted to get the word out on a blog I just started about all things cannabis in Colorado. Please drop by if you're bored!

The Denver Chronicle (http://denverchronicle.blogspot.com/)

Storm Crow
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks good! If I were in Colorado, I'd be checking in often. Great critiques of the dispensaries- very detailed. Lots of good news articles and links.

However, you don't seem to have a copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's list". You really need it- hundreds of links to MMJ studies and articles. It's a great educational tool with many uses. It's linked in my sig, so take a peek. :thumbsup:

Good luck with your blog!

Granny :hippy:

Dietblonde
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks Granny! I'll check out your page!

*I should mention that the reviews aren't of my opinions, but the opinions of the Westword writers.* I'll include my own reviews shortly. I only started it yesterday so when I get more time I'm gonna hit it hard.

Also, if anyone would like for me to post their dispensary reviews, please contact me. I would like to include as many people as possible!

topjazzman
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the update on everything.

Dietblonde
11-02-2009, 03:25 AM
*bump*

Hey everyone, just wanted to try to stir a little more interest for the blog! I've been working on it like a fiend, so check it out if you got the time!!!

notacog
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I have been checking this blog daily as I continue my research into the Colorado MM movement. For a young blog, it is really coming along nicely. I especially like the dispensary reviews and videos.

My mother was in a severe car accident a year ago and since then has had a number of complications related to her injuries. I was gobsmacked at the amount of different pills she has been prescribed, some even to counter the effects of others. Ten years ago, my sister was in a car accident and was prescribed oxycontin (among others) since then, her addiction to oxy has destroyed her life and had a negetive effect on our entire family as we struggle to deal with her addiction. I do not want my mom to travel that path. A few months ago, I began learining about the MMJ effort in Colorado and suggested that my mother consider it as a course of pain management.

The Denver Chronicle has been a great resource and I really appreciate your efforts!

Been a board lurker for a few months, but decided to register so that I could post about this great blog.

Cheers

BlaznIt
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
i like it looks great.....way to stay informed....thanks a bunch :)

Dietblonde
11-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm so happy that the blog has been helpful!

I've recently become very passionate about marijuana (as medicine and recreation) and want to help others with the information that I come across, even when I'm not the most educated on the matter. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who also want to get involved in furthering the plight of the movement but there aren't many outlets right now. Not everyone has time to get involved in activism and jobs available in the field (dispensaries) aren't available for the commoner. It doesn't help that there's a big social stigma against the use of marijuana.

Notacog, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and sister. It's terrible to see a loved one go through so much pain, to be confronted with the insurmountable costs of prescriptions, and eventually swallowed up from addiction. I wish them a speedy recovery!

Someone in my immediate family has been hooked on Vicodin for a long time as well. He knows and appreciates marijuana for its pain-relief qualities, but can't smoke because of his job and the stigma attached. Plus he just loves the pill too much. I live a few hours away but when I visit I witness how much it has affected his life. I worry about him, his health, and him dying. I'm sure you have similar concerns for your family.

Anyhow, I really appreciate the feedback!!!!