PDA

View Full Version : bongs, bubblers clean smoke

ThePostalMan
03-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Everyone says that if the smoke you are smoking goes through water (like in a bong or bubbler) than its much safer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how or why that is true. I belive it because Ive heard from some reliable people but im just wondering if anyone knows what actually happens to the smoke to change it or if it does at all.

bonita chica420
03-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Well it says on the water pipe i get that for tabacco is reduces tar and stuff so i figure same idea for bud, plus it (like ice does too) makes a smoother feel and bigger toke.

Roland Bluntz
03-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I tend to take RIDICULOUS hits from bongs, I mean i'll blow it out and turn a clear night into a cloudy one... so I dont know how much better that is than blunts. As my name implies I love rollin and smokin bluntZ, and actually to be honest those have a better feeling on my throat and lungs than any glass piece. Plus I never get any of the head pressure that sometimes comes with glass, and I stay high FOREVER off blunts!

rnf232s
04-06-2004, 05:08 AM
from what i have read is a lot of the carcinogens that are present in the smoke are water soluble. so when you smoke out of a bong a lot of the bad stuff is absorbed into the water. the thc is fat soluble so it doesnt get stuck in the water. it also cools the smoke off which is better on your lungs cause you arent sucking in as hot of smoke onto them.

david420
04-11-2004, 05:21 AM
from what i have read is a lot of the carcinogens that are present in the smoke are water soluble. so when you smoke out of a bong a lot of the bad stuff is absorbed into the water. the thc is fat soluble so it doesnt get stuck in the water. it also cools the smoke off which is better on your lungs cause you arent sucking in as hot of smoke onto them.

yes, also flakes of resin formed by the burning herb hit the water and stick to it, thats one of the reasons bong water isnt clean when it coems out. btw its unhealthy to inhale resin as it'll plug up ur lungs and its also hot so will burn them

Boojum
04-15-2004, 10:28 PM
In laboratory tests, bong smoke was found to have almost exactly the same ratio of carcinogens to THC as spliff smoke or pipe smoke. There is no 'safe' way to smoke herb, if it's burning, it's not good for you, bongs only cool the smoke. If you want a hit without carcinogens, the only way to go is a vaporizer, but because that only gives you a THC hit (without the cannabinoids) a lot of folks just don't feel that it gets them stoned. The safest way to get a proper stone is to cook & eat the herb.

Thepurplem0nkey
04-20-2004, 05:49 AM
INteresting response there. I have found that the best way to cook herb is to throw whatever you are using into a pot of bubbling butter. I usualy use crap weed and all my sticks and stems I save. Stick and stems probably dont have too much THC in them, but I figure, what the hell. Lets say, 2 sticks of butter into the pot. Get it hot and bubbling, then lower the heat to a low simmer. Throw the bud in there (Chop it up beforehand), let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. It will STINK, and its a long time to watch and stir the butter. BUT, after 30-40 minutes, you will have what you need. I suggest you put on a movie or tv show that you can watch and get up fropm every 5 minutes or so to stir the butter. Anyway, once that is done, grab a beaker or a heat resistant beer glass, or SOMETHING to hold the hot butter in. Rubber band 1 or 2 coffee filters on to the mouth of whatever jar or container you are using, and slowly pour the liquid weed/ butter mix into the coffee filter. Patience and slow pouring will leave you with a residue free, emerald green butter liquid from HEAVEN. Use it in brownies, on toast, in cupcakes, in a shake, in your grits or oatmeal. It will get you GOOD AND STONED, but takes about 30 minutes to an hour and a half to get you stoned, according to your particular body type. I'm, assuming that if you put this weed butter in the fridge (I always just threw it into a batch of cookies or brownies so I dont know) that it will gelatinize again, although I could be wrong. A nice alternative to smoking, and easy to do with patience, plus NOTHING gets you ripped like injesting weed. Hits you like a ton of bricks.
-PM

joker121
04-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Dude, bongs filter out all of the ashes, and nsty little chunkies that pollute your freakin lungs, mouth, and esophagus. It is much better, plus it cools down the smoke, and so it keeps your palate more safe.

joker121
04-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Oh, and don't worry aboot cancer, you only get cancer if you smoke lie 20 joints a day.

smokey
04-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Oh, and don't worry aboot cancer, you only get cancer if you smoke lie 20 joints a day.

u dont have to even smoke to get cancer everybody in this world has cancer it justs sits in your body layin dormant all u need is something to trigger it off.

Ecstasy Glass
05-06-2004, 07:50 AM
I tend to take RIDICULOUS hits from bongs, I mean i'll blow it out and turn a clear night into a cloudy one... so I dont know how much better that is than blunts. As my name implies I love rollin and smokin bluntZ, and actually to be honest those have a better feeling on my throat and lungs than any glass piece. Plus I never get any of the head pressure that sometimes comes with glass, and I stay high FOREVER off blunts!

Blunts get me baked too but I pretty sure it is harder on your throat cause your smoking tobacco too. And if I sat and smoked the same amount of nug in my bong, I am sure I will be just as ripped. Another thing with blunts also is sometimes they make me dizzy cause I don't smoke cigarettes anymore and don't have a tolerance to tobacco. And blunts fuck up the taste of good weed.