PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed w Herbal Remedies Disp

lampost
10-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Well, I've decided to get on the registry now that the Feds are directed not to prosecute. So, this week I've been calling a few of the places advertised in Westword that can offer doctor referrals/recommendations. I'm trying to find the place that is the most legitimate/honest and the cheapest. I guess those are the things that are most important to me because I think there are a lot of shady people in the dispensary business!!

I called a few places that just didn't seem very professional at all (green medicals). I understand they're probably taking calls left and right, so I'm sure they're worn out. But in this business I really don't want to deal with people who don't seem entirely on the up and up. Doesn't anyone worry about writing down your SSN and putting it in these people's hands!!! Fuck, that's not giving me a good feeling, but I don't think there's any way around it?

So, anyway, I was trying to decide between Green Docs and Herbal Remedies. I had a good conversation with the guy at Green Docs and he was very, very helpful. I had seen a good review for Herbal Remedies in this forum and the girl was nice enough on the phone, but seemed a little rushed. And being rushed, she forgot to mention to me that it was $100 more for a doctor evaluation if you chose your own caregiver!! Also, she didn't tell me that it would be 1.5 weeks before they could get me an appt! On the flipside, when I talked to Green Docs, he was very helpful. He clearly explained that if I chose a specific caregiver co-op as my caregiver then the doctor evaluation would cost $50, otherwise if I chose my own it would be $200. Ultimately, I decided to go to Herbal Remedies for a few reasons: feedback on this forum, location, thought it'd be quicker, and they were both the same price anyway since I was going to select my own caregiver.

Well, after going to Herbal Remedies I found out that it was going to be $300 for me instead of $200 since I wanted to select my own caregiver. And it was going to be 10 days until I could get in. Well I wish I would've gone to Green Docs because I think it would've been sooner and it would've been $100 cheaper. And I'd probably feel better about my personal info...

Anyway, this is a lesson. Make sure you ask a lot of questions and how the fee structures may be altered by caregiver status.

Peace,
LP

lampost
10-24-2009, 01:54 AM
So I had a couple follow up questions:

If I were to select them as my caregiver and get the doctor evaluation for $200 instead of $300, how long do you think I should wait before switching caregivers? Could I do it right away or wait for the card? Is there anything wrong with doing this? I don't know if it's a dick move OR if they're just preying on the people who don't know any better?

Oh yeah, Herbal Remedies also tried to tell me that I could still grow 6 plants even if I assign them as my caregiver... I don't think that's accurate.

Oh yeah, lastly, does anyone who has used on of these places feel kinda uneasy about putting their social security number on the state form and giving it to some of these dispensaries? I'm sure there's no way around it even if they allow you to send it in your own, they probably still want to have a copy of the completed form.

Dietblonde
10-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Its been my experience that a lot of dispensaries are stressed because they are trying to run a business with very few employees. This stress leads to a lower quality of service, of which I've been on the receiving end. It seems like the ones that have been around longer have more structure and better systems in dealing with customers/patients. Either they paid off start-up costs/loans or realized the bigger picture.

I got certified from Peace in Medicine and they forgot to mention that they would be my primary caregiver. I switched to another dispensary when I found a suitable one. You should do likewise.

I've been told that a person can have a primary caregiver and also grow 6 plants (3/3). I've been told otherwise only once.

I have no opinion about the social security issue. I just hope more dispensaries learn how to run their businesses more professionally in the future.

lampost
10-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Oh yeah, and I meant to clarify that not all dispensary owners are shady characters. I'm sure there's several out there who really are finding the right balance with price and helping their customers because they really do care.

Any other thoughts on how long one should wait to switch caregivers after selecting a dispensary one during registry registration just to get a discount.

Peace,
LP

lampost
10-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the input Dietblonde...

Man, I was a little pissed off last night so I was kinda harsh on Herbal Remedies. Obviously, I haven't been to any other disp. yet so I have no frame of reference at all. I'm really not sure if they're deserving of the harsh criticism, so maybe it was a little unfair.

Dietblonde
10-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Don't worry about it. The awesome thing is is that there so many dispensaries to chose from in the metro area that if you have a bad experience at one, go somewhere else. I've had plenty of frustrating experiences, including getting ripped off. My best experiences were at C3 Initiatives, Healing House and Cherry Creek Health. A couple places in Nederland supposedly have world class pot at fair prices. Shop around and you'll find a few reliable ones that work for you.

And switch that caregiver status anytime. Don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings. Make the best decision for your own health.

topjazzman
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Greatful Meds in Nederland is one of the best,oz never over 350.If you make them your caregiver they take 10% off.They have some great meds.everyone there are really cool very clean. !!!!!!!

lampost
10-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Yeah, Greatful Meds is at the top of my list of places to try. I've heard One Brown Mouse is good too. Any idea which one has higher quality herb?

I'm in Denver, so I also want to try C3 and Boulder Alternative Meds since they carry meds from Botanic Labs.

Man, if the prices I saw at Herbal Remedies are any indicator though, it looks like I'll be my own caregiver. 60-80 eighths are ridiculous!

quagland
10-26-2009, 03:48 AM
lampost, you should check out Herbal Connections on 32nd and Vallejo. I pay $51 max per 1/8th, great selection and it's a pretty chill place.

topjazzman
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
one brown mouse only sells grams for 16-20.Greatful Meds are a little better,If you are buying oz and better also in smaller amounts.There are alot times Greatful meds will sell ozs at 300. no membership needed.Both have great people that will help you.

lampost
11-08-2009, 09:59 PM
thanks guys. i was able to try highland connections and it is a pretty cool place. prices were great, sales tax was included, and meds were good quality. i'll definitely be going back. still looking for a place to get my super top-shelf nugs... heading up to nederland area today to check out grateful meds and another caregiver... i'll report back!

peace,
LP

kindunos
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been told that a person can have a primary caregiver and also grow 6 plants (3/3). I've been told otherwise only once.

I spoke with my attorney about this specifically, and his answer was a bit wishy washy imo. He said that it was "ok" for a patient to have some plants at home as a "hobby grow" at the same time as their caregiver. When I asked for a more clear answer as to what is really legal, he said that strictly speaking, only the patient or the caregiver should have the plants, but either of them can grow. My attorney thought some grow overlap was fine if the patient could show it wasn't perpetual, and they were switching from the patient growing to the caregiver growing and vice versa.

has anyone had any personal experience with this or gotten a different answer from their lawyer?

justinsane33
11-10-2009, 09:53 PM
with the whole growing thing i think you're safe growing your own and probably still having the caregiver grow strictly based on the fact that the cops would have to raid you, the caregiver, and all of his patients to make sure there was no overlap. then you can just say you were taking over as mentioned above.

kindunos
11-10-2009, 10:20 PM
with the whole growing thing i think you're safe growing your own and probably still having the caregiver grow strictly based on the fact that the cops would have to raid you, the caregiver, and all of his patients to make sure there was no overlap. then you can just say you were taking over as mentioned above.

That's a really good point, I hadn't thought about it from an enforcement perspective. Thanks :)

senorx12562
11-10-2009, 10:51 PM
That's a really good point, I hadn't thought about it from an enforcement perspective. Thanks :)
I think any legal issue has to start with, "Whose doorstep are the cops standing on?"

justinsane33
11-11-2009, 12:13 AM
lol. senorx, i read another of your posts where you explain a legal procedure. you're right in each case but the other explanation was a bit more wordy.

senorx12562
11-11-2009, 03:51 AM
lol. senorx, i read another of your posts where you explain a legal procedure. you're right in each case but the other explanation was a bit more wordy.
Sorry. Occupational hazard of my ex-profession.

Delta9Caregivrs
12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
I spoke with my attorney about this specifically, and his answer was a bit wishy washy imo. He said that it was "ok" for a patient to have some plants at home as a "hobby grow" at the same time as their caregiver. When I asked for a more clear answer as to what is really legal, he said that strictly speaking, only the patient or the caregiver should have the plants, but either of them can grow. My attorney thought some grow overlap was fine if the patient could show it wasn't perpetual, and they were switching from the patient growing to the caregiver growing and vice versa.

has anyone had any personal experience with this or gotten a different answer from their lawyer?

Who was yr attorney... cause id ask for my money back! "hobby grow" has this guy even read amd 20? FOLKS HERE IT IS CLEAR AS I CAN MAKE IT:

2 Key Terms:
1: Registered Primary Caregiver (one person you designate)
2: Primary Caregiver (anyone you buy meds from)

you are allowed to grow 6 plants (NO MORE THAN 3 CAN BE IN FLOWER)
if you grow your own you are your own REGISTERED primary Caregiver.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GROW 6 AND PICK A CAREGIVER/DISPENSARY TO GROW 6 FOR YOU ALSO.

When you get your Rec if you mark "none" in the caregivers box you grow for yrself... if some eles name is in the caregiver spots YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED PLANTS. period

This is the reason for 2 different price structures at dispensaries... If you sign up a club as yr caregiver you LOSE the right to grow your 6 plants, thus are offered a discounted price compaired to those who havnt signed over their caregivers rights and grow or have thier own caregiver pay more because someone should be taking care of them in some fashion (discounted, free meds)

This is the most common misconseption i deal with as a dispensary owner... people will come in sign over their caregiver rights and then ask to purchase clones... (they just signed over their plants to me?) well I cant sell it to them and then need to explain about becoming a caregiver to make their "hobby grow" legal.

REGISTERED PRIMARY CAREGIVER... the one person you sign up (corp. cant be caregivers so its a indivdual not a company if you choose a disp)

PRIMARY CAREGIVER... anyone who sells you meds of any kind.. even if they are not medical (black market). Where you get your meds is protected by subpoena from law enforcement. so the second you buy "street weed" it becomes medical and where you got it is confidentail.. and you cant be subpoena'd to explain how or where you got it...

with all this said it is legal to say ill grow 2 and you grow 4 (right now) and work a "deal" with yr caregiver... just keep in mind you are not allowed to have more than 2 oz of meds between you and your caregiver...

tech.. dispensarys need to know how much meds there patients are holding to know how much product they can hold... something that is not practical (ring ring hey mr dispensary owner, i just smoked a bowl you can hold another .5 grams now)

good lawyers are ... warren edson, rob corry, richard gee, brian visente, (sp) gotta pay $$$ for it tho