PDA

View Full Version : dose of dragon and I feel awful

eastbaygordo
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I've been medicating since I was a teen and haven't had a bad experience very often but did with my first batch of green dragon.

I used 4-5 oz of 151 instead of everclear
I added at least 10 grams of bud in various stages of drying/curing and ran fresh flowers through the vaporizer to dry them up and decarboxylize them.
I used MASS, Bogglegum, Purple Kush, and LA OG for a wide range of active ingredients.
Simmered all the above for 30 mins per the Master Wu method.

One Tablespoon made my QA tester relaxed and a little spacey but didn't do much for my pain.
Two tablespoon dose gave me a bad anxiety attack and tore up my stomach and did the same to another QA tester. I and my QA tester felt bad the next day too, I felt so weird I didn't want to drive or leave the house.

I think I used too much, sometimes too much isn't a just about right.

Any other long time consumers ever had a bad reaction to tincts or other concentrates?

Italiano715
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I've been medicating since I was a teen and haven't had a bad experience very often but did with my first batch of green dragon.

I used 4-5 oz of 151 instead of everclear
I added at least 10 grams of bud in various stages of drying/curing and ran fresh flowers through the vaporizer to dry them up and decarboxylize them.
I used MASS, Bogglegum, Purple Kush, and LA OG for a wide range of active ingredients.
Simmered all the above for 30 mins per the Master Wu method.

One Tablespoon made my QA tester relaxed and a little spacey but didn't do much for my pain.
Two tablespoon dose gave me a bad anxiety attack and tore up my stomach and did the same to another QA tester. I and my QA tester felt bad the next day too, I felt so weird I didn't want to drive or leave the house.

I think I used too much, sometimes too much isn't a just about right.

Any other long time consumers ever had a bad reaction to tincts or other concentrates?

I would say you used too much bud for the amount of liquor you had. I'd probably start with just a little bit and work your way up till you find the right feeling and dosage. Also remember, IT IS alcohol and with more consumption comes more "euphoria." I'm not a big drinker, so, I myself don't mess with those alcohol/weed tincture and teas and such. I'd rather just make edibles or THC capsules. The capsules are wonderful for medication! Wayyyy better than marinol IMHO.

Either way, I hope you get it situated!

grumio
10-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Well, I don't know about the strength of the bud you used, or the efficiency of your kitchen technique, both of which could make a big difference in the potency of your finished tincture, but -

I use 4 g bud in the 4-5 oz of 151 (rum or everclear), which reduces to ~2 oz of finished tincture. A half-teaspoon of my stuff is a pretty considerable dose for anyone but those with very high tolerance.

You used more than twice as much herb, & then took two tablespoons. 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons. So you took 12 times the dosage of tincture that may have been twice as strong.

Yeah, maybe you took too much. :stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned: