PDA

View Full Version : i aspire for shamanhood. ask me anything.

djaio
04-01-2005, 08:45 AM
go ahead... anything related to spirituality, god, nature, evolution, et cetera. anything you want to know. i'll share with you my insights.

boywonder
04-01-2005, 03:01 PM
woudl you say shrooms are sacred but ti depends who you you are if evryones into their own reality trip they could well work on a spirtual level for someone who belives in them. the more you belive in it the more it could work for you?

or you dont have to belive you could just accept it as apart of your life.

Funken Monken
04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
OK...

Its the beliefs of the old Yaqui Indians that to live life in a truley powerful and knowledgeable manner, one must be clear on ones actions and follow the consequences, and that ones will must be unbending and unrelenting.

One mus live life as 'a warrior'.

Accordingly, thoughts and the material posessions of life in general are of no meaning in this world, the other being visible through connection with an 'ally', accessible through things like jimson weed, peyote etc.

Given that, and the theories of shamanism in this area, is it truely possible to live life as a warrior in this day and age? and how does this idea fit with the similar themes within other cultures, such as hinduism, shintoism, taoism, etc, that life is little more than a journey, which should be walked 'as a warrior'?

There you go. Let me know what you think.

djaio
04-02-2005, 07:43 AM
woudl you say shrooms are sacred but ti depends who you you are if evryones into their own reality trip they could well work on a spirtual level for someone who belives in them. the more you belive in it the more it could work for you?

or you dont have to belive you could just accept it as apart of your life.

mushrooms are not "sacred" any more than the chicken soup i'm eating is sacred. everything is holy, everything is a part of god. but i won't play with semantics, because i know what you mean.

one can't deny that shrooms, in their uniqueness, have a definite place in spirituality. they're meant as a tool. for a few hours, your energy is brought to a much higher level, higher than many "clean" spiritual seekers could even imagine. but why is it that some people experience life-changing contacts with the divine, while others are limited to things like their lampshade winking and waving at them? it all depends on the user's current level of energy, or consciousness.

our universe reflects our consciousness. what is outward shows us what is inward. however, many people, less evolved, see the world through facades and symbols. this is because when we deny our inward problems, they manifest as outward problems. if i have a deep fear of lack of trust and security, this could manifest as other people being irresponsible or untruthworthy to me. or maybe an physical object represents a certain ideal. or, in a more Freudian sense, issues with women or sex could reflect in arguments with our mother.

this concept of symbolism manifests in all aspects of life, including tripping on shrooms. if you're a person who lives life through symbols and material things, that will reflect in your trip. instead of world-shifting revelations, brilliant visual displays of infinity, and conversations with god, you'll get laughable hallucinations. this hallucinations may mean things - maybe that miniature demon sitting on your bookshelf represents your guilt at not having enough knowledge - but often it's difficult and confusing to interpret. this is the exact same concept as dream symbolism.

the people who get shamanic, once-in-a-lifetime divine experiences are those that are ready for them. those that, at least to a larger degree than the people described above, see life for what it is and and see beyond the clever tricks. the older souls. the ones who are already a little more familiar with their divine nature. not necessarily spiritual or enlightened, just more awakened.

OK...

Its the beliefs of the old Yaqui Indians that to live life in a truley powerful and knowledgeable manner, one must be clear on ones actions and follow the consequences, and that ones will must be unbending and unrelenting.

One mus live life as 'a warrior'.

Accordingly, thoughts and the material posessions of life in general are of no meaning in this world, the other being visible through connection with an 'ally', accessible through things like jimson weed, peyote etc.

Given that, and the theories of shamanism in this area, is it truely possible to live life as a warrior in this day and age? and how does this idea fit with the similar themes within other cultures, such as hinduism, shintoism, taoism, etc, that life is little more than a journey, which should be walked 'as a warrior'?

There you go. Let me know what you think.

I'm not clear on what your question is, and it's a little too high-school-essay-like, but i can try. obviously, the "warrior" is a metaphor, and an innaccurate one for that matter. it's a word that stirs up a certian image in our minds. a warrior is, literally, one who fights war. but the ideal warrior exhibits those qualities - strength, clarity, resolve, persistence. of course you can show these traits in "real life". we are constantly given chances to show these qualities, albeit in a much subtler sense than hundreds and thousands of years ago. a modern "warrior" is one who has the courage to LIVE life, rather than one who sets himself in a rut, shuts himself from other people, and refuses to face the world.

thank you.

Climbing High
04-02-2005, 08:55 PM
very nicely said

Funken Monken
04-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm not clear on what your question is, and it's a little too high-school-essay-like, but i can try. obviously, the "warrior" is a metaphor, and an innaccurate one for that matter. it's a word that stirs up a certian image in our minds. a warrior is, literally, one who fights war. but the ideal warrior exhibits those qualities - strength, clarity, resolve, persistence. of course you can show these traits in "real life". we are constantly given chances to show these qualities, albeit in a much subtler sense than hundreds and thousands of years ago. a modern "warrior" is one who has the courage to LIVE life, rather than one who sets himself in a rut, shuts himself from other people, and refuses to face the world.

thank you.

Indeed, nice words, and apologies for the verbosity. Think not that a warrior only fights a war, but in this context, that life, and the paths that life throws as us, is the war. In this case the warrior should tread fearlessly. As you have said, accountability.

Nice one. I asked as it comes up in (the idea of a warrior so to speak) lots of cultures and beliefs. At this stage though, calling is specifically 'shamanism' I think is too specific.

But hey, was nice to read your answer. Did you have any specific reading in mind?

djaio
04-03-2005, 09:01 AM
if you think of life as a war, it will be a war.

if you think of life as a path, it will be a path.

if you think of life as a school, it will be a school.

if you think of life as bliss, it will be bliss.

more questions, more questions, please! i'm on dxm right now. i feel 900 years old. yet ive been in this form of my body for only eighteen years. the ancient oracle. let me guide you.

djaio
04-03-2005, 09:05 AM
truth speaks through me. at this moment, i forfeit my personhood and become simply a medium. i am the great connector. i do not have the answers; i merely show them. all you need to do is ask. show me you can be a student and i'll show you i can be a teacher.

meanwhile, i'll go drink the remaining robitussin max strength :)

LearyS Disciple
04-04-2005, 03:54 AM
hmm what about the classic "can jesus microwave a burito so hot that he himself can not eat it?"
i think something similar has its own thread

boywonder
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
if you think of life as a war, it will be a war.

if you think of life as a path, it will be a path.

if you think of life as a school, it will be a school.

if you think of life as bliss, it will be bliss.

more questions, more questions, please! i'm on dxm right now. i feel 900 years old. yet ive been in this form of my body for only eighteen years. the ancient oracle. let me guide you.

religion really sets down the rules of how to live but what ur sayin there thats somthin to do with a way of thinking right it's more of a guide i think of relgion as a cage and what ur sayin as somthin from the inside to work outwards with no boundries. what do u think

Encatuse
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Questions!

I'm a skeptic. I think you're an 18 year old who does drugs. Here's the questions:

What makes you any different from, say, every single other 18 year old who chugs a bottle of robitussin and becomes a "super-spiritually enlightened" TeenagerWhoJustChuggedABottleOfRobitussin/medium?

Also, since I mold my own reality, just as you mold yours, why do you feel it necessary to attempt to mold others realities with your 'insights'? Shouldn't you just be satisfied with your newly attained secret knowledge and hidden truths rather then try to push them on some random weed smokers?

I'm not saying I don't believe you have some sort of special knowledge, or that you're a medium for something from another realm. I'm just saying that I don't believe you have some sort of special knowledge, or that you're a medium for something from another realm.

And here's my wisdom from my mere 16 years of existance ((as compared to your 18/900)): Don't take your knowledge from some kid on drugs, earn your own! It's alot more fun that way.

I'll admit certain drugs ((dxm being one of them)) often make you more creative, thereby better at stringing poetic words together that appear to be meaningful prose, but I have a really hard time believing that any drug puts you in tune with anything more then your own observations. ((aka god and/or random entities))

jacquelyne
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Pendulums?
Do you think they give correct advice or do you think the are just rubbish that does not work.Also ouija do you think it really is communication with spirits or just mind power that gives you answers ? Do you believe we can make contact with people that have passed ?

djaio
04-04-2005, 11:20 PM
thanks for questioning, encatuse. if everyone blindly accepts what i say, what's the point?

Questions!

I'm a skeptic. I think you're an 18 year old who does drugs.

You're partially right. I'm 18. I haven't smoked weed, or done anything else for that matter, for three months(except for the DXM I did a few nights ago, but that for some reason gave me no unusual insight), but I do enjoy weed when I get the chance.

Here's the questions:

What makes you any different from, say, every single other 18 year old who chugs a bottle of robitussin and becomes a "super-spiritually enlightened" TeenagerWhoJustChuggedABottleOfRobitussin/medium?

Spiritually, nothing at all. Everyone inherently has the same spiritual knowledge, it's just a matter of discovering it beyond the ego's fears, doubts, and needless rationalizations. I just seem to be much more inclined to these realizations, seeing as, like i said, i've been off weed for three months and yet still experience daily spontaneous insights of the same strength and caliber as a nice "super-spiritually enlightened" high. By the way, you're obviously mocking the spiritual aspect of substances - i'm curious, why do you feel this way?

Also, since I mold my own reality, just as you mold yours, why do you feel it necessary to attempt to mold others realities with your 'insights'? Shouldn't you just be satisfied with your newly attained secret knowledge and hidden truths rather then try to push them on some random weed smokers?

I'm not forcing anything on anyone. ive had a remarkable accumulation of knowledge for quite some time, and i've been satisfied with keeping it to myself. but recently i decided it'd be a good exercise to allow some anonymous people to ask me questions and i could tell them what i know. it's nothing more. if you think i'm full of shit, that's fine. if you don't want to listen to me, i don't care.

I'm not saying I don't believe you have some sort of special knowledge, or that you're a medium for something from another realm. I'm just saying that I don't believe you have some sort of special knowledge, or that you're a medium for something from another realm.

okay.

And here's my wisdom from my mere 16 years of existance ((as compared to your 18/900)): Don't take your knowledge from some kid on drugs, earn your own! It's alot more fun that way.

i completely agree. knowledge gleaned from your own experience is the absolute best knowledge. the worst thing to do would be to take what i say and blindly follow it. go out and test it. see for yourself.

I'll admit certain drugs ((dxm being one of them)) often make you more creative, thereby better at stringing poetic words together that appear to be meaningful prose, but I have a really hard time believing that any drug puts you in tune with anything more then your own observations. ((aka god and/or random entities))

okay. that's fine.

djaio
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
hmm what about the classic "can jesus microwave a burito so hot that he himself can not eat it?"

i admit i've never thought about this. i'll get back to you on that...

Pendulums?
Do you think they give correct advice or do you think the are just rubbish that does not work.Also ouija do you think it really is communication with spirits or just mind power that gives you answers ? Do you believe we can make contact with people that have passed ?

i've never tried an ouija board, so i can't say anything from experience. but it seems to me there are plenty of ways to obtain knowledge more reliable than putting your faith in a board game. it really depends on the person and their mentality and faith. but things like that are always open to misinterpretations and influences from the ego. yes, of course we can make contact with those who has passed from their body, just as they sometimes make contact with us. they're still around... it's just hard to recognize them. :)

as water evaporates, it seems to disappear. but it's simply in a form we can't see.

religion really sets down the rules of how to live but what ur sayin there thats somthin to do with a way of thinking right it's more of a guide i think of relgion as a cage and what ur sayin as somthin from the inside to work outwards with no boundries. what do u think

at its worst, yes, religion can be very limiting and unnatural. at its best, it can be equally unifying, open, and even enlightening.

thoughts, feelings and actions are the same way. they are the most important creators of our reality. like i said before, what is outside reflects what is inside. this is just common sense. if you're naturally a happy, hopeful, healthy, balanced person, your life will naturally be happy, hopeful, healthy and balanced. if you show a lot of anger, fear and disdain to people, they'll do the same to you.

what affects the body affects the mind affects the soul affects the mind affects the body.

jacquelyne
04-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Do you believe you can look someone in the eyes and see through there soul?
I actually mean can you look at a person and know what there intentions are like weather they are a bad evil person or a good person? That will be one instinct that i really rely upon in my life.Even from a small child i could see bad in certain people when everyone else thought they were an angel.I always prooved people to be wrong in that way.Like at the moment there is a person who has just come into our family and he seems very sweet and lovely and i just know that he is hiding something really bad.Believe me it may be 2 years but they will know soon enough.I feel bad not saying anything but what if i am wrong one time.I hope i am wrong with this one.Do you get that with people ?

djaio
04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
eyes are really interesting and beautiful. yes, i think they are literally the window to the soul. if you know how to read them, they can tell you everything about a person.

about the jesus/burrito question... well, i've come up with countless thoughts and answers, all of them jumbling up into one mass of confusion. one conclusion leads to another question, which leads to more questions. so i think i'll stick with one answer everyone here can understand:

i dont fucking know. ask jesus. :)

seriously, i do have several ideas, but damn, that's a lot of typing, and a lot of stuff that's almost impossible to put into words. i guess if you can't live without my answers...

LearyS Disciple
04-05-2005, 03:08 AM
i dont fucking know. ask jesus. :)

haha good enough for me man

juggalo420
04-05-2005, 06:32 AM
dont feel special, i become a mystic as well when im tripping on dxm, lol

i was thinking about this before, and may have posted about it somewhere, but here it goes. do u think a person can be the same person if they lost all their memories, or do they become some one entirely new? also along the same line what consitutes what a person is, is it just his past experiences or something else?

sugarmagnolia
04-06-2005, 03:28 AM
hmmm well I got one...... what is after death?

djaio
04-06-2005, 04:53 AM
hmmm well I got one...... what is after death?

i like this question better, so i'll answer it first. :p

there's no easy answer - this is the question ever religion has been built around.

as i understand it, what happens immediately after death is pretty simple. think of it this way: you live your entire life in a house(your body). dying is finally leaving that house. now you're free - you can go wherever you want, do whatever you want. problem is, a lot of people are still in their houses, and you can't come in unless they invite you. BUT, most people refuse to unlock their doors or look out their windows, so they don't even know you(or anyone else that has "died", for that matter) exist. and there's no way to tell them you do. major spiritual practices, such as a good shroom trip, are like looking out the window, or even stepping outside the door for a second.

that makes death sound like a pretty shitty thing. but it's quite the opposite. let's get off abstract metaphors.

have you ever lucid dreamed? most of the time when you're dreaming, you're convinced it's real. a lucid dream is where you realize it's just a dream, and thus, you become conscious in the dream. your senses come intact, you have full control, and you're able to do whatever you want. anything. you can fly, visit anywhere you want, meet anyone you want, talk to your subconscious, traverse the cosmos, whatever. i think this is the best model we have for what happens immediately after death. you're still in the dream, but you've sort of awoken at the same time, and since you aren't confined to your body anymore, you can do anything. you're free. when you desire something, it happens(this is the same as in "life", but the difference is, after death you are not confined by the laws of your body or your ego, so your desires are fulfilled instantaneously - i might talk about this later).

but there are still people in the "asleep-dreaming" state, and you can't directly interefere with their life - nor do you want to. most people, after death, lose attachments they have to the physical world, and they realize they don't have to be in direct, physical contact with a person to give and recieve love.

there are, however, more disturbed souls that still insist on having attachments to the physical world - poltergeists and ghosts.

it's innaccurate to say you leave your body. you leave the heaviest, temporary part of it - you know, that thing made of bone, muscle, fat, blood, etc. there's a part of your body that's everlasting. you know those portrayalas of death where the transparent image of the person rises up out of the body and walks/flies away? yeah, it's like that. FYI, and interesting fact - it's known among the scientific community that, upon death, the human body immediately loses 21 grams of weight. just something to think about.

...and all of that is the first stage of death, as i understand it. after that, i'm not too sure. if life is a dream, and the first stage of death is a lucid dream, then the next stage is probably waking up altogether - leaving the physical world entirely. or maybe you go right back into another physical body - a "next life"(although this is again innaccurate - life is continuous, our bodies are the temporary things). i don't know, it probably depends on the person and what they want to do. there are no set rules.

i was thinking about this before, and may have posted about it somewhere, but here it goes. do u think a person can be the same person if they lost all their memories, or do they become some one entirely new? also along the same line what consitutes what a person is, is it just his past experiences or something else.

you are always you. nothing changes that. memories are a conscious thing - even if you get amnesia, your subconscious is unlikely to forget. in a way, you never lose your memories. as long as its happened, it's a part of you.

besides, you already have a great deal of amnesia... you've forgotten what happened before you were "born". but those experiences are still a part of you, whether you realize it or not.

DQAbel
04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Im new here and I have some questions...

1)How to I "find" or see my "higher self"? You know that voice that talks to you in the back of your mind that tells you things. How do I "realize" that that is me my higher self?
Am I making sense? Do you know what I am talking about?

2)I did shrooms once and saw a great white light coming out of the top shooting into the sky. Any Ideas about this?

3)Do you believe there are "Aliens" on this planet?

4)Do you believe in the NWO?

DQAbel
04-06-2005, 09:58 PM
2)I did shrooms once and saw a great white light coming out of a pyramid top shooting into the sky. Any Ideas about this?

amsterdam
04-06-2005, 10:00 PM
you were hallucinating maybe?

djaio
04-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Im new here and I have some questions...

1)How to I "find" or see my "higher self"? You know that voice that talks to you in the back of your mind that tells you things. How do I "realize" that that is me my higher self?
Am I making sense? Do you know what I am talking about?

which voice do you mean? there's the superego, the voice that basically tries to discipline you, you know - "you shouldn't do that." "you can't talk to her, she's way out of your league!" "what did i tell you about jumping to conclusions?" ... the superego is NOT your higher self. quite the opposite really.

if you aren't talking about the superego, i'm not sure what you mean. personally, whenever i have a "higher thought" it's just me thinking. no voice at the back of my head.

2)I did shrooms once and saw a great white light coming out of the top shooting into the sky. Any Ideas about this?

this is like someone asking me to interpret their dream. i can't tell you what your experience meant, you're the only one that can. but if i had to guess... that sounds like a metaphor for connecting with god. it's interesting that you envisioned a pyramid... triangles are good representations of life, since we have three parts(body, mind, spirit). other than that, i dunno.

3)Do you believe there are "Aliens" on this planet?

If you mean aliens in the most traditional sense, lifeforms from another planet... i really have no idea, and i haven't thought about it. ive never been that fascinated with the idea of aliens, probably because i've always been confident that they're out there, and ive found it almost ridiculous to think they aren't. there's no question in my mind.

but on THIS planet... beats me. if there are, they're obviously on a higher plane of existence that we can't sense with our human bodies. a relatively common theory among obsessed paranoids(i hate to use labels, but its just for the sake of conversation) involves reptile-like beings that control us behind the scenes. it's an intriguing thought, but i have very little speculation on the matter.

)Do you believe in the NWO?

Had to google to find out what you're talking about. i'll read up about this.

heh... i wasn't much help on any of those questions, was i? oh well, next time.

DQAbel
04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks!
The "higher self" voice I spoke of is a voice that (to me) seems to tell me things that will happen. Its kind of like I see the future. More so than "you shouldn't do that." its more like "If you do that this will happen" and if I do it usually does.
wierd.
Thanks for your help.

One last question,

what does it mean to aquire shamanhood?

DQAbel
04-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Sorry one more...

I have been reding some interesting stuff on this sight and just wanted to know how you feel about its content???

http://www.trufax.org/

djaio
04-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Thanks!
The "higher self" voice I spoke of is a voice that (to me) seems to tell me things that will happen. Its kind of like I see the future. More so than "you shouldn't do that." its more like "If you do that this will happen" and if I do it usually does.
wierd.

really? i guess you just have really well-developed intuition. thats cool.

what does it mean to aquire shamanhood? i don't know yet :)

djaio
04-07-2005, 02:50 AM
trufax.org... well, the important thing is to read it yourself and see what YOU think of it. but you're asking for my opinion. my first five minutes of it:

very unorganized website, and hard to understand at points. i won't say it's "true" or "false" because that isn't the way the universe works. but skimming through it, it does seem like a genuine production with good intentions and some useful information. this in particular parallels my beliefs, and gives me good feelings about the site:

"Principle of Attraction. Simply stated, like attracts like. The principle of attraction magnetizes the object of the focused thought that was "sent out into the creational field of energy" and it is returned to the point of origin. When the point of origin is vibrating at the slower rate, it appears within the sequential time orientation to manifest very slowly."

i've been familiar of the law of attraction for a long time.

go ahead, read the site to your heart's content. like i said, its what you think of it that matters. and remember, truth comes from within you.

jacquelyne
04-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Do u actually hear a voice ?
Or just think that the voice is telling you the future (without speaking)
like having an open mind and letting answers flow through.................
because if a person can meditate they can do that also usually
i would like to know that because you sound like you have a mild psychosis
pyramids, religious thoughts and everything supernatural or a mystery are the thoughts that people think that they know the answers to when influenced by some drugs.For some reason people think they are something that they are not or special in some way with visions that others do not posess.I have had it and you seem like you should take a break if your taking anything im telling you if you keep thinking that you have the answers to life (no matter how real your ideas seem) people around you will get worried and you may get put in a hospital.If you get psychosis from taking drugs it will be with you for life and people will assume things about you without knowing the real you.I could see grey rings around people when i went to hospital i was in the ER for a few days and i was telling those people that i knew they would die soon.There was 1 bed in there and everyone that layed there i thought was called Jack and they never had grey rings around them.I asked my mum to ask the mans name right before i was escorted by security to the mental hospital.His name was Jack anyways.I believed that every Indian doctor that treated me was the devil in human form.All i am saying is that you can get that so be careful as 5% of people never recover and have it for life and if that is the case they wont let you live in society with normal people as you are then classed as a danger to yourself and others.

djaio
04-07-2005, 03:57 AM
calm down, jacquelyne. its all good.

excepting the surprisingly boring dxm i took a few nights ago, i haven't taken a psychoactive substance in months. and i very rarely take unnatural drugs - that dxm was just the result of me wanting to get fucked up and not having access to weed.

i live "real life" very normally, and very seldomly speak of my spiritually-inclined nature. maybe that will change once i get better at meshing real life and spirituality together. after all, people appreciate a wise word or two, as long as its coming from someone they trust.

besides, i live in a community that is very, very open to spirituality. i live in fairfield, iowa, home to a huge following of maharishi mahesh-yogi and transcendental meditation, and the site of the maharishi university of management... maybe youve heard of it, its been in time magazine a few times. we(as in, fellow pot-smokers around me) have grown up in this highly spiritual environment, and the stuff i'm talking about would be wholeheartedly agreed with and conversed among a few friends of mine.

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying this is a utopia, full of enlightened people that are above everyone else. many people here are just as self-righteous and blindly faithful as any fundamentalist christian(and we do have our share of those here). but the thought of me being seen as delusional is an amusing notion.

i doubt i'll stay in this town all my life, tho. first i want to get out of the usa - it's pretty much everything i dont want in a country - and travel. travel as much of the world as i can. then settle down some peaceful place in the belgian countryside, or maybe india... someplace that fits me. i dunno, i'll see what happens. right now its all just a dream.

peace.

weirdo79
04-07-2005, 04:46 AM
I could have sworn opposite magnetic fields attracted and like repelled....maybe spirituality works backwards though ;)

djaio
04-07-2005, 05:01 AM
what? that deals with polarities. that's a different matter.

you see, that site needlessly complicates things. instead of leaving it at "like attracts like", they flood the reader with confusing terms and unnecessary explanations. there IS a science behind the law of attraction that does have to do with energy vibrations, but there's no reason to boggle the reader with mind-bending details unless they ask for them. just my two cents.

mrdevious
04-07-2005, 07:02 AM

hehe, yes that was my thread. the answer (according to me) is no. if god (we're relating jesus's power to god I assume) is omnipitant, he can eat a borrito of any temperature. god is considered omnipitant in that he can do anything short of not being omnipitant. if his only non-ability is not being able to limit himself, this is the omnipitance people are talking about.

and hey, one could argue he could reduce his own power by will to not be able to eat the borrito :) .

djaio
04-09-2005, 06:46 PM
hehe, yes that was my thread. the answer (according to me) is no. if god (we're relating jesus's power to god I assume) is omnipitant, he can eat a borrito of any temperature. god is considered omnipitant in that he can do anything short of not being omnipitant. if his only non-ability is not being able to limit himself, this is the omnipitance people are talking about.

and hey, one could argue he could reduce his own power by will to not be able to eat the borrito :) .

Yes, this is similar to what I was thinking. people will argue "but if he can't NOT eat the burrito, doesn't that mean he isn't omnipotent?" but not being able to do something is not a part of omnipotence. its simply a lack of something, much like dehydration is not a thing in itself; it's simply a lack of water.

enlightened people function on a "want to/don't want to" basis, not a can/cannot basis.

plus, who even said the purpose of enlightenment/godliness is omnipotence?

Euphoric
05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
heyy do you know of any good shamanism links? h00k a brotha up shizzle

NoosaHeads
05-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Djaio How have you come to be so inlightned.?

what was the Main reason you Had for seeking this.?

and how have you been decipled.?(who teaches you this.?)

If I am being intrusive Please say so.
But I am enjoying this thread verry much and i beleive you have true insight..

mrdevious
05-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Alrighty great shaman, how would I go about fixing my low back (soft tissue damage) and my neck (also soft tissue damage from an idiot chiropractor, along with nerve damage)?

djaio
05-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Djaio How have you come to be so inlightned.?

enlightened? no, i wouldn't call myself that. i have much knowledge, but there's much more i don't have. there's so much more to seek.

[quota=noosaheads]what was the Main reason you Had for seeking this.?[/quote]

i guess i'm just a seeker. that's the kind of person i am. i love knowledge and truth, and the quest for it.

and how have you been decipled.?(who teaches you this.?)

i'm taught by no other man. life is the greatest teacher

If I am being intrusive Please say so.

not at all

But I am enjoying this thread verry much and i beleive you have true insight..

thanks

Alrighty great shaman, how would I go about fixing my low back (soft tissue damage) and my neck (also soft tissue damage from an idiot chiropractor, along with nerve damage)?

find a better chiropractor

stoner spirit
05-25-2005, 06:04 PM
What are your thoughts on Gods and other spirits? and Are mythological creatures, such as dragons entities as well?

djaio
05-26-2005, 01:27 AM
What are your thoughts on Gods and other spirits? and Are mythological creatures, such as dragons entities as well?

this is a pretty broad question... but i do have a response.

i do believe that there are spirits, or "gods" that sort of rule over a specific thing in the world... like guardian angels. in ancient india these are known as devas. every kind of plant has a deva(i remember a trip report in which the tripper met the "salvia goddess"... this is what i mean). every kind of animal has a deva. humans have devas too, but we're less connected with ours. i've heard that when animals feel pain, the devas absorb a lot of it to protect the animal.

some devas we concentrate more on, such as the god of war(ares, mars, or whatever he is in different cultures), and the simple amount of energy focused on the image of that god may make him "real". i read a book in which one of the authors, a gentle 60-year-old man, described meeting Pan, the god of the forest(the name Pan comes from the greek god of the forest). Pan, appearing as a large faun-like being(human torso, two horse legs), said that his true form is not that body, but he insisted on remaining that way. but there are not just one spirit ruling over nature... there are countless different spirits. you know when some people have really good shroom trips in the forest, and they start to see fairies, gnomes, elves, fauns, etc.? i believe they're catching a glimpse of the true life of the forest. btw, the book is called The Findhorn Garden... it's a true story, and an eye-opening read.

i don't know what the true physical form of devas are. it is said that every person is a deva, so maybe they're like people like us, in their own world. it's difficult to explain.

dragons and other mythological beasts? i don't know, they're symbols made up by humans... the dragon is a combination of the snake(the symbol of earth and bondage) and the bird(the symbol of freedom)... but maybe these metaphorical beasts are "real" in some form or another. i really can't say.