PDA

View Full Version : can anyone direct me to a compassionate doctor?

terjeSSS
09-26-2009, 06:58 PM
i live in rural madison county. i am looking for a doctor who is open to recommending medical marijuana for my medical condition. since i live in a very low population area i do not feel comfortable dealing with my current doctor (who i just met because my last doctor quit his practice) or any other local doctor in this subject without knowing if they are willing to listen without prejudice. since there is such an unfair stigma attached to medical marijuana in the minds of some people i cannot afford to alienate the few doctors that are close to me and are easily accessible. i need a doctor with an open mind who will not brand me negatively for wanting to discuss medical marijuana options.

thanks.

TC42o
09-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Many people in montana face this same problem, I live in Helena and there are 0 doctors willing to be compasionate and honor the state laws. I dont feel comfortable posting doctors personal info on here, but if you'd like to message me, I may be able to help

terjeSSS
09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
thank you for the reply tc. i'm having trouble figuring out how to message you. i have added you as a contact but am blocked from sending a message. not sure why.

terjeSSS
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
tc420, well after digging around on this site i see there is no private message system.

http://boards.cannabis.com/feedback-suggestions/81135-private-message.html

if you can help please contact me at ak_5150(at)hotmail(dot)com.

thanks

TC42o
09-27-2009, 02:32 AM
ya, im sorry, i always forget this place has no private messager on this site, my bad

dennisjill
09-27-2009, 02:05 PM
MCN - Providing Free Resources to the people of Montana about Medical Marijuana (http://www.montanacaregivers.net/)
I used these people. Nice doctor, had to wait a couple of hours because of the number of people (160 patients). Bozeman 24 sep, billings 25 sep, they rotated around the state every month. Just get a copy of your med records, fax or mail them in so she can prescreen, saves time.

HopeCaregiver
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I have a list of a couple discreet doctors that are easy to get appts with and reasonably priced.

While the MCN is doing a great thing in mass sign ups and getting the # up overall for the state of Montana, a lot of folks I talk with in Madison county that are interested in medical cannabis prefer not to have to go through the riggeramore the MCN set up. Last time in Bozeman my patients were almost assaulted by the caregivers there trying to sign them up with promises of outright lies!

If your interested contact me.

I am a patient and a caregiver in Ennis that is more then willing to help you out in any way you need.

Thanks!
info <^AT^> hopecaregiver <^DOT^> com
Hope Caregivers of Montana (http://www.hopecaregiver.com)

PS - A couple pics of my patient care center sign and some trichromes and baby flowers (3 weeks into bloom) for your viewing pleasure.

Herbiculator
10-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Perhaps this Montana | The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, THCF Medical Clinics, THC Foundation, Montana Medical Marijuana Doctors, Medical Marijuana Referrals, Montana Medical Marijuana Clinics, Helena, Missoula, Billings, Montana, Serving The Cannabis Community S (http://thc-foundation.com/montana/) could be considered an option.

terjeSSS
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks herbiculator.

got it covered thanks to hopecaregiver and tc42o. all the paperwork is in and i'm waiting for the card.

BakeeFried
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
It's the waiting that sucks.....seems to take FOREVER!

HOPEFULLY by Turkey Day huh?

I know they hired at least 2 temps to work in the state office as that was during the time when I got my card the end of August. Hope it sped the process up. I would be interested to know how long it takes for you to get your card. Mine was RIGHT AT 8 weeks.

Hang in there - stay safe and LEGAL til yer embracing your card!

:jointsmile:

TC42o
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
It took me 4 weeks, in April 09, a patient of mine had to wait 10 weeks over the summer.. So it varies alot, can't hate on the wait though, that just means their is A LOT of people getting signed up for the program - POWER IN NUMBERS

terjeSSS
11-11-2009, 03:16 PM
i'm patient. life goes fast enough on it's own.

terjeSSS
12-10-2009, 04:56 AM
got my card today. thanks tc42o and HopeCaregiver for all thehelp.

for reference:

forms in mail on october 26th
card received december 9th

TC42o
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
shoot me another email terjeSSS, i've got something to talk to you about

terjeSSS
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
tc, i think i lost it. the e-mail up near the top is still a good one. hit me up there.

TC42o
12-10-2009, 10:35 PM
info sent - enjoy!

HopeCaregiver
12-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Glad you got your card. Feels good, doesn't it? :thumbsup: