PDA

View Full Version : Is cannabis illegal in the middle of the ocean?

king cola
03-23-2004, 08:01 PM
hello people,
after watching a simpsons episode where they all go out on mr burns yaucht to have an illegal party at sea because when they are in international waters its legal and so is anything,
this got me thinking and is cannabis legal at sea??

smokey
03-23-2004, 08:55 PM
i guess u could try it but i doubt very much that u would get away with it

NoSoupForYou
04-15-2004, 06:18 AM
once youre in international waters you can pretty much do anything within reason

Boojum
04-16-2004, 02:54 AM
Including getting murdered by pirates - they still exist, but they don't carry cutlasses any more, they carry AK47s :eek:

nancyrenee
05-31-2004, 05:26 AM
AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH! Yeah in international waters I don't think anyone is going to bust you for toking up. I mean that's just pointless. Watch out for those pirates. They might steal your stash. :p

NowhereMan
06-03-2004, 07:11 AM
may depend on where ya going and where ya been
something to think about i guess
wanna really know
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/internat.htm

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/worldlaws.htm

http://www.un.org/Depts/los/index.htm
peace

maryjanemama
06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I was on a big boat and I had weed in my bag. They would put my bag through the X ray machine (with the weed in it), I got through in Mexico, the Caymans, and Jamaica with no problems. No one on the boat ever said a word. No one said a word when the smell of pot drifted from my cabin into the hall on a daily basis, either. I'm not saying it's legal, I'm just saying that it depends on the boat and the people running it. :)

When we got back to Miami, I hid it REALLY well (a secret) and got through 3 airports with the weed I had left that I had brought with me and the weed I picked up in Jamaica. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying that if you have a decent plan, it's easier than you think. ;)

podysmoka187
06-24-2004, 11:13 PM
me and my room mate's went to nassau, bahamas and bought an ounce of hydro for 30 bucks. and he snuck it on the cruise ship and wrapped it in 2 zip loc bags and shoved it into a large bottle of face lotion. and we got back to the house and smoked up the bag of drowskies and he didnt get caught. it was some fuckin dank to. :)

GhoSt
06-28-2004, 06:59 AM
i dont think you can get busted.............. yeah pirates are definitely something to watch out for though.

Valrasha
06-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Hmmm, then the stoners mind comes out, hey mister pirate I got a big spliffy here for ya, lets set down and smokem peace pipe, lol. I know it wouldn't go that way, but hey it could happen. Any way's, the ocean waters (international) are open game as long as your outside the U.S waters. Of course, if your rich enough to own a boat that can go that long out to sea and enable yourself to enjoy it, then you'd probably be rich enough to go to Amsterdam every week and toke up legally there, lol.

lost one
07-13-2004, 06:00 AM
or if you were that rich u could just live in amsterdam.............or jamaca i prefer jamaca

tumbleweed
07-25-2004, 01:48 PM
YES you can get busted according to international
laws on the ocean you have to abide by the laws of
the country in which you are a citizen you would
still be breaking laws for where you live
and could still be prosecuted by that country OR for that
matter any country that caught you doing something against
their laws since your in free waters you could be taken
prisoner regardless of which country your a citizen in
I GUARANTEE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUSTED DOING THIS SO DO
IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

Leftover Crack
08-02-2004, 08:56 PM
dude jamaica sucks

Mole2k4
08-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Except for the fact, you can't smoke in amsterdam.
It's not legal, it's illegal, YOU CAN BE ARRSETED FOR IT.
It's tolerated and ignored but it's not legal.
Turning a blind eye, and it being legal is 2 different things.
Also living in jamaica is a bad idea, I know someone who is married to a jamaican and has family out there, she doesn't leave the house and or garden.
Tourist's are strongly advised not to leave the resorts, and last time this person went to jamaica a tourist was almost killed by jumping out of a window to escape a serial rapist.

As for the open water thing, yeah it's fine, and anything is legal in open water.
As for this if you get captured stuff, just why oh why, are you going to be captured? open water is like 2/3 miles off the coast, at least in england it's like 5 miles I think. A prime example : There's an off shore oil rig in the uk, when englands coast was like 2 miles, and it was 5 miles off, it declared itself an independant country. Then england expanded it's coast and declared that the oilrig was in england and has to abide by it's laws, all well and good, except it declared independance before the increased coast line. For example, if the UK declared 1000 miles off the coast was it's land as well, would. france, germany,italy, ETC suddenly be british soil?
No.

"YES you can get busted according to international
laws on the ocean you have to abide by the laws of
the country in which you are a citizen you would
still be breaking laws for where you live
and could still be prosecuted by that country OR for that
matter any country that caught you doing something against
their laws since your in free waters you could be taken
prisoner regardless of which country your a citizen in
I GUARANTEE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUSTED DOING THIS SO DO
IT AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Pretty certain this is incorrect.
For example, you goto Japan, it's actually Illegal to spit on the sidewalk, and it's also illegal, for someone to give someone else oral sex, unless full sex follows, CRAZY BUT TRUE! But Japanese people in the uk, don't abide by these rules, because they aren't goverened by them. Simply because your from a country that bans something, doesnt mean it's illegal.
A prime example would be that an 18 year old american, can come to england, and drink all the alcohol they want, then go back home and won't be prosecuted, because american law doesnt rule england.

Anywaysssssssssss

You can do what you want in international waters, no-one govern's them, the fed's cant bust you, the CIA can't do anything, MI5/6 can't do jack, and any other country can't do anything to you, because they don't govern international waters. To be honest, if another country captured you in international waters, that would start one HELL of a diplomatic situation, so it's doubtful anyone would want that.
Sure you can chat about pirates, but how many people do you know, that have been on a cruise ship, that has subsequently, raped, pillaged a ship?

Er none, because it doesn't happen.

HvyFuel
08-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Pirate attacks rose 20% last year
The Triton

Six violent and serious attacks were reported in the June in the vicinity of the coast of north Sumatra/Aceh, northern Malacca straits, according to the Maritime Bureau's Piracy Reporting Centre.

Pirates with automatic guns targeted vessels even during daylight hours, the centre reported.

A fishing boat with nine people approached a yacht anchored off Raas Xaafuun, Somalia, that was attending an injured crew.

People on the fishing boat waved their hands and behaved in a friendly manner, but then raised firearms and shot at the yacht, causing damage.

The crew retaliated by opening fire and the boat retreated and fled, according to the report.

The name and size of the yacht were not disclosed.

In another incident, pirates disguised themselves as customs and coast guard officials to approach a passing ship.

According to the IMB, pirate attacks rose twenty percent last year to 445, the second-highest in more than a decade.

Ships are advised to maintain anti-piracy watches and report all piratical attacks and suspicious movements of craft.

http://www.the-triton.com/news/2004/august/20040810newspicary.asp

So that's 445 attacks on shipping in one year in one small area. But you were correct on the law in international waters. There aren't any, only maritime law concerning salvage and steerage.

peace :)

djastronmy
02-20-2005, 07:22 AM
AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH! Yeah in international waters I don't think anyone is going to bust you for toking up. I mean that's just pointless. Watch out for those pirates. They might steal your stash. :p
how bout stealing the hash?...lmao

and another thing...

u ppl confuse me!...la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

p.s. .................................IM............... ...........so.................

STONED!!!!!! \m/ ROCK ON!!!

Puffin
05-04-2005, 12:23 AM
:confused: well its not asif ur going 2 get caught by a coper in a swimming costume in the middle of the sea :eek:

boycey58
05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
you could try but don't get too stoned or you could fall overboard :rolleyes: :D

Miss Green
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
hello people,
after watching a simpsons episode where they all go out on mr burns yaucht to have an illegal party at sea because when they are in international waters its legal and so is anything,
this got me thinking and is cannabis legal at sea??

:D That is a great episode ahh well why the hell not toke up on international waters like everyone else has said watch out for the pirates arrgh arrgh mi matey. ;) :cool:

bhallg2k
08-06-2005, 04:15 AM
You are bound to the laws of the ship's home country.

partyguy420
10-21-2006, 10:55 AM
well... actualy... im sure if you went out into international water,stoped next to another boat, bought weed, and then left... and went back to us waters... the US Coast gaurds would stop you, and slap you with dilivery posession, and possibaly, intent to sell

NSTassel
10-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Considering that international waters begin 200 miles off the coast, seems like a difficult effort to smoke some weed.

Pezzo
10-25-2006, 11:54 PM
wana go on a cruise and take some weed? not sayin i know of one but we can organise it that would b kl. heres a forum about it if ur interested...

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=87625

lil josh
10-28-2006, 12:25 PM
or you could just find a field or some woods sumwhere and just sit there and smoke where no1 can see you and best of all no pirates :)

howie66
11-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Good Luck getting the Ph Levels right with the salt air and salt breeze. Il stick to my basement i think
BTW matey, ahoy there! Watch the pirates dont steal your dope man. I need another pipe, then this thread might seem more real.

Myth1184
11-04-2006, 08:59 AM
once youre in international waters you can pretty much do anything within reason

International Laws Govern these waters. You can probably get away with smoking a little weed, but if you get boarded and have a few pounds of pot on you, expect to be charged.

Borde in Space
01-02-2007, 09:53 AM
btw international water is 14 mile off the coast unless it is specifically designated otherwise. like in the zones around little islands that rely on fishing they get like 500 miles of water. it can also be less, like in the town i sometimes make a residence, it comes right into the bay!! yikes thats the way it was a while ago i think that it has changed again though

Tokudai
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
You are bound to the laws of the ship's home country.

Ding Ding Ding winnah winnah chicken dinner

In int'l waters, where the ship is registered is what law prevails

SwirlyMass
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
or you could just find a field or some woods sumwhere and just sit there and smoke where no1 can see you and best of all no pirates :)

smartest shit i've read all day, and i work in a bookstore haha.

young Hustla
01-13-2007, 09:32 AM
i dont think anyone is going to go all the way out there to get u its pointless. also why would u go in the middle of the ocean when u can goe in your basement lol. but would like to see a stoned pirate or better yet a stoned shark lol

Antihero867
01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I dont think that anything will happen. But if i were you id toke up by the edge of the boat. So if anyone says anything just toss it overboard. They cant prove shit and you can just say that it was a cigarette.