PDA

View Full Version : denied?

quagland
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Has anyone ever been denied after getting a doctor's signature? Maybe its my paranoia, but I just got my signature and getting ready to send it to the state...but paranoia is saying "the state is going to deny you".

Dietblonde
09-15-2009, 08:06 PM
I haven't heard of anyone being denied by the State. I think they have their hands way too full to investigate individual cases. Hell, you don't even have to send in your medical records. I've read ads in the Westword where some places you can get your certification for religious reasons or no reason at all- the doctors make something up.

Perhaps the paranoia is a result of some pretty gnarly schwag? You won't have to worry about that soon enough...

quagland
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
hehe...it's actually some lemon kush from peace in medicine. I'm just a worrier by nature...thank goodness i'll get some medicinal help on that :D thanks for easing my mind.

palerider7777
09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
i felt the same way.

gangagirl
09-20-2009, 01:21 PM
NO, you won't be deniedn if the Dr is legit.

kindunos
11-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I also felt like I might get denied (even though my condition is exceedingly well documented), until I looked up the stats:

(as of July 31, 2009)
Statistics of the registry include:

* 13,102 new patient applications have been received to date since the registry began operating in June 2001. Twenty-nine (29) applications have been denied, 18 cards have been revoked, 210 patients have died, and 1,751 cards have expired, bringing the total number of patients who currently possess valid Registry ID cards to 11,094.

Source: Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry (http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/statistics.html)

calphi27
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I heard that they are going to start denying patients that go to doctors that turn in 100+ recommendations a day no matter what.

I would avoid going to a patient mill for that reason.

Dietblonde
11-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Quagland, did you go through Peace in Medicine to get certified?

If so, Josh Stanley is going to end up on your certificate. They did that to me without informing me and they never offered me any perks, so I switched to another caregiver.

I'd look into it if I were you and maybe discuss it with them.

lampost
11-14-2009, 01:48 AM
I heard that they are going to start denying patients that go to doctors that turn in 100+ recommendations a day no matter what.

I would avoid going to a patient mill for that reason.

That's A LOT of patients to see in one day!! So that would be 12-13 an hour with no breaks.....one patient every 4-5 minutes. Eh, I guess there may be a couple that are trying to pull that?

justinsane33
11-14-2009, 01:52 AM
i was worried that my dr. would say no but after that i had no worries. i even noticed that state cashed my fee check the other day. and i almost moved out of colorado!

calphi27
11-14-2009, 06:37 PM
That's A LOT of patients to see in one day!! So that would be 12-13 an hour with no breaks.....one patient every 4-5 minutes. Eh, I guess there may be a couple that are trying to pull that?

100 patients at $100 +/- each = $10,000 a day. I think there are a few that would be happy to make that kind of money.

quagland
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm still waiting for my card. It's been about 6 weeks since I sent it in and got my certified mail receipt. My wife has checked our bank online and they haven't cashed the check yet...so I figure they haven't even opened my app yet.

I went through something that could be considered a patient mill, so now I'm worried again.

Dietblonde
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Dude, where's my medical-marijuana ID? - Denver News - The Latest Word (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/11/dude_wheres_my_medical-marijua.php)

gwendy35
11-15-2009, 04:33 AM
RELAX BRO! It's all good. Maybe you should try a few sativa buds to lessen that paranoia. :0) LOL:thumbsup: It is just going to take a REALLY long time to get your actual card in the mail. They should inform you of a denial within 3-4 weeks (6 weeks Government time.) They are incredibly backlogged. The only way you would be denied is if your Doc was bogus or your condition is something blatantly conjured out of thin air. I heard that the wait time is 12-15 weeks right now. That may or may not be accurate....you know how that grapevine works.

(as of July 31, 2009)

Statistics of the registry include:

* 13,102 new patient applications have been received to date since the registry began operating in June 2001. Twenty-nine (29) applications have been denied, 18 cards have been revoked, 210 patients have died, and 1,751 cards have expired, bringing the total number of patients who currently possess valid Registry ID cards to 11,094.
** There are currently over 15,000 certified patients in the state of Colorado as of November 12, 2009

quagland
11-15-2009, 07:05 AM
i was kidding...I know the numbers, and I felt a lot better reading the Westword article. That newspaper and this board are the only 2 places I go to read about mmj...not including the blogs.