PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Dispencary Reviews

MeLoco
09-04-2009, 03:19 AM
I originally posted this on another thread but someone suggested I post it in a state specific thread as well, so here goes:

I walked into my very first dispensary today, Club Compassion in Spokane Washington. There is still a very heavy stigma here about MJ, I don't even think most people know that Washington is a Medical Marijuana state.

All of the 7 dispensers are pretty new as far as I know, and regardless of your "medical status" you can still be arrested for any amount of marijuana. You probably won't be convicted, but you can still be arrested, at least until someone sues the state for wrongful imprisonment under Washington state Law (RCW63.5a040(3)(b) / WAC246-75-010). At any rate, by saying that, I hope to impress upon you that the legalities of MJ are still very much being tested by local law enforcement & caregivers.

OK so back to the review. The building that houses CC is very old, large cinder block structure with a dark yellow paint :wtf: it was vacant for years prior to CC occupying it. It sits on a busy street in a more or less residential neighborhood. I entered into a recently remodeled lobby area with nice comfy couches a central coffee table with a few of High Times magazines on display. I seemed to have surprised the receptionist, who was straightening up one of the coffee tables.

"Hi" she said with a smile "Have you been here before?" she was a bit nervous and like I said, I startled her. She got my paper work and handed it off to another older gentleman that appeared from the back room. While I waited for verification, there were a surprising number of people that came in. It was empty when I got there and then they got a big rush of people, probably just getting off work like me.

The environment was pretty casual as you might imagine, the guy verifying my eligibility had long grey hair, probably in his late 40's. The back room is where all the action takes place, very carefully documented, only one customer at a time, and they clock each person in and out to prove it. Upon entering, there is a desk just off to one side where you can sit and choose your poison. The selection was pretty small, only 5 strains to choose from. The prices ranged from $12 - $15 a gram. no discount for larger quantities from what I could tell. Club Compassion is just that, a club, I payed a $5 yearly membership fee and was given the opportunity to put my name on a list of activists willing to write officials and protest should another member of the club fall victim to the home invasion force we affectionately refer to as the Spokane Police Department. There were several employees in the back. One guy focused on the CCTV. while a few other employees looked busy shuffling papers and whatnot.

I chose a strain they called Boom Daddy! It was packaged in a regular zip-lock baggy and stapled shut inside a brown lunch sack. $12.50 a gram and I'm telling you it was a bargain, nice big buds properly harvested and cured. When I got home I broke up the 2 ginormous buds (2 grams) and found myself looking at a bag I would typically pay $40 for. It has a little bit of a harsh taste, but it packs a pretty good wallop.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience, and I will definitely return many many times.

MeLoco.

I guess I should mention, they did have one option for hash but no edibles visible. Small shop, but very laid back environment.:thumbsup:

killerweed420
09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Good to hear. Hopefully leo leaves them alone.