PDA

View Full Version : MMJ card for anxiety/panic attacks?

pitbull303
08-31-2009, 05:00 AM
So a quick question for the people here who know the guidelines a bit better than me. Ive been interested in getting my car for quite some time. My issues are mainly anxiety attacks that lead right into panic attacks that happen on a daily basis. Ive never seen a doctor for it as I have no interest in taking any kind of chemical brain altering pharmaceuticals.. I never will, I self medicate with pot and thats what works for me. My question is as I understand it this is not a condition recognized by the colorado board of health as a "qualifying condition". So am I just SOL on this?? Another option is I do have chronic back pain but havent been to a dr for that either as well im not insured and ive leared to live with it like so many other people. I have been to a chiropractor for it numerous times and recieve accupuncture every so often as my bank account allows me as it helps a little.. So does that count as a qualifying medical record? A chiropractor technically is a DR am I correct? Thats all the records I have! Any input is greatly appreciated!

turbonerd
08-31-2009, 07:33 AM
I don't think thats one is listed, but I think it depends on your doc

copobo
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
"cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS positive, cachexia; severe pain; severe nausea; seizures, including those that are characteristic of epilepsy; or persistent muscle spasms, including those that are characteristic of multiple sclerosis. In addition, patients and physicians may submit petitions to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to include other medical conditions that may be alleviated by the medical use of marijuana."

but I don't think there has been a single approved petition for other stuff. Most people that qualify, qualify under pain. If you had severe pain and got approved, of course you could still get the benefit you are looking for.

look at the form. your doc needs to check a box on the 2nd pg of the application.
Medical Marijuana in Colorado (http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/marijuanafactsheet.html)

KushCrops
08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
do a google search on colorado MMJ doctors/physicians and look for the compassion sites which will have the doctors contact information who are for MMJ.

gangagirl
09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Pitbull,
Anxiety and Panic stem from and are related to depression. When it gets serious enough, the symptoms manifest in your body as physical pain. That is chronic if you've been suffering for a period of time. My anxiety came out as neck pain, stomach pain and general ache in my whole body. Point is go for chronic pain because they don't have an anxiety box listed and you will probably get turned down if you check the "other" box.

gangagirl
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Go to the SAFER website, I heard they have a kist of doctors.