PDA

View Full Version : How to get a dispensary job?

Dietblonde
08-27-2009, 07:14 AM
I would love to have a job at a dispensary, but have no idea of how to go about it. I would even intern or volunteer. Anyone have any advice?

TheStrainMan
08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
it's not as fun as it seems. chances are, you would be a receptionist who welcomes folks, checks their card/id, has them fill out any forms, and makes copies for the owners of the shop. from what i've seen, only the owners or those VERY close to the owners actually handle the meds. on top of all that, dispensaries are really really busy places, and people are finding out that it's not as much fun as they thought, dealing with one person to the next, to the next. when you have one counter and 5 people waiting, it's just plain ole hard work getting folks their meds.

The Strain Man (http://www.thestrainman.blogspot.com)

Dietblonde
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Sure, that makes a lot of sense, and I've assumed that its not all that its cracked out to be. I just want to start a career in the field and maybe get to the point where I can start something from the ground up. Right now I'm laid off from the oil company, so any job that highlights my interests are appealing to me.