PDA

View Full Version : On the innate goodness of man

wayoftheleaf
08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Long has mankind, in its nihilistic way of viewing itself, found only evil and cruelty within the confines of its heart. But this simply can not be the case. To prove my point, allow me a moment to explain a slightly different subject.

Evil is disproportionately powerful compared to what is good. Point in case, fission. Fission contains the ability to power thousands of homes, but this takes a much a larger amount of radioactive material than the fistful required to take hundreds of thousands of lives. The analogy can be applied to many things. We learned to work metal, and made beautiful art, but who here recalls the Iron Bull? The horrific device, a great bull, hollowed, where prisoners were placed. slowly roasted, with a funnel for the mouth that turned their screams into roars.

Man has the ability to do great evil. There is no doubt. But evil grows at such an astounding rate compared to good. This will one day be our downfall, the hands of a few shall take the lives of us all.

But back to my original idea. The very fact that evil is so disproportionately powerful to good shows that man must be an innately good creature. It is the only thing that allows for us still being alive. If man was a creature born into evil, his hands would grasp our tools for destruction from his first breath. There would be no more human race. The only way we have survived is by the sheer number of positive acts outweighing the great force of the few acts of great evil.

One day, however, we shall be overcome.

DropDeadFred
08-20-2009, 05:58 AM
I think its a cycle or a wave type progression. With lows of evil and chaos tearing us apart and highs of goodwill and compassion holding things together. When good will is at its highest point those with bad will are most able to capitalize on it. Shit floats to the top of a river. When we get through the high point. The evil. The shit. Starts to feed off the work of the good. But evil has honor. These individuals are loyal to nothing and will feed on their own kind just as readily as the good. They cannot build things. So the entire thing falls in on its self and only the ones who will help each other and cut down evil are left. Then we go back up. The stakes are really high on this one though. We could permanently fuck ourselves up or maybe learn a lesson that will never be forgotten.

killerweed420
08-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Wish it was all that simple. People are generally a product of there enviorment and only the strongest can overcome it. And a lot of the most evilest are just plain defective. They're missing something during there character building years that allows them to feel compassion. I think the vast majority of people are just sheep and depending on who's leading them they head toward good or evil.

phatsesh101
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
energy is energy. whether you make it positve or negative there is someone to offset and equal the polarity.

maybe there is no good or evil there just is. and people of power know this, so brain wash us into feeling bad through environmental triggers, making us slaves in our own mind. leaving them in control of the world.

so in our eyes the world is good most of us any way and with equal amounts of negative enrgy in a fewer amount of people makes these people seem more evil but yet it all equals out

wayoftheleaf
08-31-2009, 03:24 AM
I use the term good generally, I should state it more like this:

A man is much more inclined to commit an act that is favored by society than to commit one that is in disfavor.

Would you say that is better?

I don't believe there exists a good or evil. I believe there are things in the world which would obviously be based in the lower realm of what is man, and those that reside on a higher plan of consciousness.

Islandborn
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Clearly you guys have not met my 11 month old son who finds joy in picking up the heaviest object around and smashing the smaller chldren. Natural Selection. In most cases, humans are oppurtunists who will destroy another human if it benefits them in some way, shape, or form. If mans kindness and love could save anything, it would have a long long time ago. Its blood and sweat that make changes in the world, not hugs and kisses. That isn't to say we shoudnt be kind to one another, but making ourselves all important is a joke. Humans are pretty insignificant in the big scheme of things.

BlueBlazer
11-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Mankind has the nobility to reach for and attain the stars and the baseness to destroy itself utterly, leaving its potential unrealized. Which it will be, I cannot answer. Myself, I strive for the nobility.

"An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going an inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.â?

One is evil â??

He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good â??

He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which Wolf Will Win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."